Food and Drink #53

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Interview went well, I think! Didn't come out of it wanting to cry, so that's a plus. Will see how it goes, if the hiring manager wants something I'm not, well there's nowt I can do .

• Heart
Reactions: 24
@CarmenGhia I used to be great at keeping on top of it all but my executive function declined massively at the start of perimenopause and my OH has been really good at picking up the slack. As it should be. I try not to give myself too much of a hard time about it. Or get too grumpy when things are done his way rather than my way. I'd find the funds to outsource if I had to, but he quite enjoys it so I let him crack on, like I'm doing him a favour.
Hopefully you have someone to help you, but if not, it only gets dirty again once you've cleaned it, so who cares how frequently things are done. Just go at your own pace.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Griftycat the fuzzy version is lay on his back right now twitching, but the funny part was his tail was swishing up and down out of synch with the leg twitches. I’ve never seen him do that before. I wonder what he’s dreaming about
Mice
birds
nightsnacks

• Heart
Laz, your comment about only accepting behaviour makes you sound like a teacher 😂- missed your calling? Any interview news?

Mrs T is far better at cleaning shiny/reflective stuff than me and can cook whereas I heat food. I clean to avoid thinking. Which means sometimes all night is spent cleaning.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
@CarmenGhia I used to be great at keeping on top of it all but my executive function declined massively at the start of perimenopause and my OH has been really good at picking up the slack. As it should be. I try not to give myself too much of a hard time about it. Or get too grumpy when things are done his way rather than my way. I'd find the funds to outsource if I had to, but he quite enjoys it so I let him crack on, like I'm doing him a favour.
Hopefully you have someone to help you, but if not, it only gets dirty again once you've cleaned it, so who cares how frequently things are done. Just go at your own pace.
Back when I was more mobile I took very little interest in the domestic arts other than cookery, which I've always taken very seriously because I enjoy eating. My mum was very fond of the Quentin Crisp advice: 'There is no need to do any housework at all. After the first four years the dirt doesn't get any worse.' Now that I can't get out as much, I find myself taking more of an interest, but am also quite limited in what I can do (and I still can't make myself care about the state of my skirting boards or anyone else's!) but I do recognise the importance of feeling in control / safe in your own space. Like so much else in life, I think there's no "one right way" - not even for folding fitted sheets. You have to work out what works for you, and accept that you'll change and will need to find new solutions along the way.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Segue: new piercing tomorrow at 3pm: a second helix/upper right ear.

Feeling cool, feeling good. It really suits me. Places a nice highlight line to my cheekbones.

Five degrees Celsius here in the rented icebox. Places a lovely shape to my cheekbones!!

• Heart
Still in frosty land here. I honestly don’t understand people who can’t just say sorry. Might open the whisky🤣
I jest, I am not a daytime drinker.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Still in frosty land here. I honestly don’t understand people who can’t just say sorry. Might open the whisky🤣
I jest, I am not a daytime drinker.
Oh, dear.

Could you stomp a bit and shout, "things need to change around here! I am no longer carrying the mental load of this LIFE!"

A nephew story: he stayed with me and hung all our washing out. He said, "sorry it's probably not how you'd like it." It looked like he'd thrown it onto the washing line from the deck. I told him I it was the nicest thing anyone had done for me for ages, because it was. He hung all the washing for two weeks and even used pegs occasionally.

It was a learning moment. For ME.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
IMG_1496.jpeg
Oh, dear.

Could you stomp a bit and shout, "things need to change around here! I am no longer carrying the mental load of this LIFE!"

A nephew story: he stayed with me and hung all our washing out. He said, "sorry it's probably not how you'd like it." It looked like he'd thrown it onto the washing line from the deck. I told him I it was the nicest thing anyone had done for me for ages, because it was. He hung all the washing for two weeks and even used pegs occasionally.

It was a learning moment. For ME.
It’s not the mental load thing, it’s the inability to apologise and acting like I’m the one in the wrong for sometimes weeks at a time that I’m monumentally over. Having my late lunch now. Lads, get this: ^above^ and put it on a toasted onion bagel.

• Heart
View attachment 3003509
It’s not the mental load thing, it’s the inability to apologise and acting like I’m the one in the wrong for sometimes weeks at a time that I’m monumentally over. Having my late lunch now. Lads, get this: ^above^ and put it on a toasted onion bagel.
Ah, sorry I misunderstood. Roger! Yes. Just yes

• Heart
Reactions: 8
View attachment 3003524My cake mix came! I’m a sucker, I know lol
YUM! My friend S is a huge Dolly fan and also a fan of cake. I wonder if she's seen this? I mean, I don't doubt she already has pallets of it. She (S) has met Dolly multiple times, seen her in concert many times and has been to Dollywood in Tennessee.

I'm up late waiting for the new Stuart MacBride book to drop in my Kindle app, gonna read for as long as I can then sleep.

• Heart
Just to say thank you for your lovely piccies you post of your pets. I love this thread. Tough times (I posted on problem thread as I didn’t want to burden pocket ninnies) and I appreciate you all.

Hope those also going through tough times feeling bit better today. I’m afraid I’ve no nice pics to cheer you up if you’re not.

My order of cheesy pasta in amazon has gone awol 😔 I buy it around this time because I’ve ended up adopting American holidays and changing them, so I do thanksgiving but as a day to grateful for things and watch an adaption of one of my favourite short stories - an old fashioned thanksgiving by Louisa May Alcott - it’s in lord knows what language but English is available and when read sounds the same so all is good. Said pasta only comes in boxes of 12 which, um, SHOULD last.

Anyway I’ve been reliably informed today I’m a total cretin as 4th July (when I watch again various movies have American type grub that costs a fortune and deeply yummy (and unhealthy)) celebrates liberation from THE EVIL BRITISH EMPIRE booooooo; sadly I needed to leave before the argument that triggered got interesting. Given they now live in THE EVIL BRITISH EMPIRE and enjoy various benefits (literally, they don’t work) of doing so....

Ever since I’ve had the imperial march from Star Wars in my head! Lol.

Most importantly they didn’t have my pasta 😔

So if you see a massive box of 12 boxes of cheesy pasta THEY'RE MINE!!!

• Heart
Just to say thank you for your lovely piccies you post of your pets. I love this thread. Tough times (I posted on problem thread as I didn’t want to burden pocket ninnies) and I appreciate you all.

Hope those also going through tough times feeling bit better today. I’m afraid I’ve no nice pics to cheer you up if you’re not.

My order of cheesy pasta in amazon has gone awol 😔 I buy it around this time because I’ve ended up adopting American holidays and changing them, so I do thanksgiving but as a day to grateful for things and watch an adaption of one of my favourite short stories - an old fashioned thanksgiving by Louisa May Alcott - it’s in lord knows what language but English is available and when read sounds the same so all is good. Said pasta only comes in boxes of 12 which, um, SHOULD last.

Anyway I’ve been reliably informed today I’m a total cretin as 4th July (when I watch again various movies have American type grub that costs a fortune and deeply yummy (and unhealthy)) celebrates liberation from THE EVIL BRITISH EMPIRE booooooo; sadly I needed to leave before the argument that triggered got interesting. Given they now live in THE EVIL BRITISH EMPIRE and enjoy various benefits (literally, they don’t work) of doing so....

Ever since I’ve had the imperial march from Star Wars in my head! Lol.

Most importantly they didn’t have my pasta 😔

So if you see a massive box of 12 boxes of cheesy pasta THEY'RE MINE!!!
The bachelors pasta and sauce macaroni is okay if you don’t get your other one

Reactions: 5
You can buy the canned pumpkin pie filling quite easily now (i’d been inexplicably making the filling from scratch for years like a fule) quite fancy some now I mention it….

Reactions: 5
thanks for asking ZB; first interview is tomorrow at 12 for the job i'd to push for them to see me on. next one (the one i actually want as it'll push me out of my comfort zone) is next week. xx

and no - quite comfortable as a civil servant bossing people around - couldn't manage children at ALL! i just don't have the soft skills or the patience.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.