Food and Drink #53

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Lemon/honey/soy chicken and brown rice with crispy kale. I’ve deigned to speak to YH and he’s cooked. Food was really nice. I’ve eaten mine and want everyone else’s 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 14
mr kcc has had a letter inviting him for an mri

got an appt for a sunday morning! I mean it's in august, but proud of my employers for utilising capacity to its fullest 🫡

• Heart
Reactions: 13
So today at work at the factory it was discussed in the 9am meeting about putting the pride flag up on the flag pole. Very many awful comedy comments were made. These are grown men, all over 40 in professional roles.
I've just ordered a pride high Viz to be delivered to site, 30 quid. Go on say something to me lads.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
So today at work at the factory it was discussed in the 9am meeting about putting the pride flag up on the flag pole. Very many awful comedy comments were made. These are grown men, all over 40 in professional roles.
I've just ordered a pride high Viz to be delivered to site, 30 quid. Go on say something to me lads.
Rainbow laces for your safety boots as well?

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Could do my boots. I honestly don't know when pride is, or what much of the flag means now. I just don't like bullying. They don't know me that well, my children might be part of that flag.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Could do my boots. I honestly don't know when pride is, or what much of the flag means now. I just don't like bullying. They don't know me that well, my children might be part of that flag.
Someone in that room might be part of that flag 🥕 . And if so they’ll appreciate you so much xx

• Heart
I was so tempted to put words on it, but I'm sort of making a point anyway I think.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I have had 2 weekend MRI Katch. Most recent last Saturday. It's very civilised as there are so few people around. I do enjoy the opportunity to relax and listen to the soothing noises. Like 90s techno.

Maybe one more for Chops. I went to the new Royal. Pic of the entrance to the old Royal as demolition begins.

1000021478.jpg

Happy Wednesday everyone.

• Heart
  • Sad
I bloody love you @mchops!
---
mr kcc has had a letter inviting him for an mri

got an appt for a sunday morning! I mean it's in august, but proud of my employers for utilising capacity to its fullest 🫡
Your Sunday appointment exposes the lie that the Tory health minister was spouting about making doctors work weekends. They already do.

It makes me so, so, so angry that the NHS is run on heart and goodwill and those mendacious fuckers use every opportunity to trash them, both in terms of resources and in lying about them in public. I'm under no illusions about the limitations of the health system (especially in mental health) but.... they are working their arses off in all corners of the sector.

• Heart
Great looking building. A shame to me these functionality designed buildings are being discarded. Yes they need knocking down as they are end of life. Concrete rebar steel will be rusted through. The design is functional. It's the nhs not the Milton, you don't need an air conditioned atrium.
* shakes fist at cloud.
Might stick a quid in charity pot for every time I post that

I was so tempted to put words on it, but I'm sort of making a point anyway I think.
For what it's worth, I think there's a lot of power in not verbalising anything and just letting the jacket say everything. Let your colleagues work it out for themselves, interpret your actions and (hopefully) start to think a tiny bit differently about the world.

It speaks volumes that you are secure in your own identity and can make this gesture. As a lifelong activist, I know that actions like yours is how social change gets below the surface and really embeds itself.

• Heart
The national front head quarters were not far from me growing up. Then BNP. I won't have any derogatory statements, unless they are actually really funny. The urdu/hair do joke makes me laugh :(

• Heart
Reactions: 6
As the 'piper doon' lad who's gone viral is from my nearest town 🍉 🍉 🍉 the local paper is making quite a big deal out of it and has put images of some of the German press coverage on its website. I am LOVING that the German for bagpipe-player is Dudelsack-Spieler.

1718829756661.png

• Haha
I bloody love you @mchops!
---

Your Sunday appointment exposes the lie that the Tory health minister was spouting about making doctors work weekends. They already do.

It makes me so, so, so angry that the NHS is run on heart and goodwill and those mendacious fuckers use every opportunity to trash them, both in terms of resources and in lying about them in public. I'm under no illusions about the limitations of the health system (especially in mental health) but.... they are working their arses off in all corners of the sector.

aye, before I started my very much behind the scenes job in data quality, I did 10 years in ophthalmology surgical waiting list and, well, it's been kinda tit the entire time I've been employed there. I'm coming up to my 20 years now!

it's not that hard, but I did my fair share of working reception desks from 7am on saturdays as extra, both in outpatients and a few times in surgical day case when we had extra capacity for cataract lists

like I say, I'm proud of my trust that they're going the extra mile after *everything*

• Heart
Fraus: concert ticket advice.

Do Ticketmaster make up their own prices for gigs and how do you know what the face value is for tickets?
For example: Paul McCartney pre-sale went live this morning. Tickets were advertised as pre-sale tickets, and seemed to be around £145 each; (block 313, row 24 as an example)
this evening (still on Ticketmaster pre-sale link) they’re advertising ‘platinum’ 🌟 tickets with no explanation about what makes them platinum.
these are block 313, row 4 and are now priced at £464.95.

I’m not sure if they are touting their own tickets, why there’s no transparency over the prices and what a platinum ticket is, or if I’m missing something?

• Wow
Reactions: 5
I know they do surge pricing in the USA on ticketmaster but I wasn’t aware it had started over here.

Reactions: 6
Great looking building. A shame to me these functionality designed buildings are being discarded. Yes they need knocking down as they are end of life. Concrete rebar steel will be rusted through. The design is functional. It's the nhs not the Milton, you don't need an air conditioned atrium.
* shakes fist at cloud.
Brutalist architecture is increasingly being seen as worth conserving. I know it's not to everyone's taste, but it's part of British heritage and a familiar part of our built environment. People used to think the same thing about functional Art Deco buildings.

• Heart
* shakes fist at cloud.
It’s back to bloody front

• Haha
Reactions: 5
We have a fabulous brutalist SU building and bridge. People who hate the style think it clashes with the cathedral which is right next to it essentially (in eyelinebut in my opinion that’s the whole point. Architecture is meant to evolve ffs.

Big up for interview (show them they should never had to be pushed)! Bigger big up for next week!!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.