Food and Drink #53

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry for the rant dear hearts, here is my penance.

IMG_6190.jpeg

He’s a bit poorly atm, I had to take him to the emergency vets yesterday because he was super lethargic and struggling with his breathing. They think it’s either asthma or a chest infection so I’m waiting to get him in at his regular vet. They didn’t seem too concerned when they looked at him yesterday and he’s been back to normal today and begging like crazy for food. Did a nice sloppy :poop: on the carpet though 🙃

Sending cattos and head bumps to all the poorly pocket ninnies, Alfie and I hope you all feel better soon!

• Heart
Reactions: 22
The Ginger Monster has one of those toys. Did it come in a pack of 3 in different colours?

Glad to hear Chizcat is on the mend.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Kestrelcat's outdoor adventures continue. I don't think he's much of a wanderer (watch me say this and he goes off on safari for two days tomorrow). He's popped off over the fence a few times but reappears within fifteen minutes. He mostly seems to enjoy a) lying on his back on the patio rolling around or b) resting his chin on the open patio sliding door frame with his nose just outside snoozing c) following us around and looking intently at what we're up to or d) chasing flies.

This morning he clearly wandered into someone's territory as a slap fight broke out on top of the neighbour's shed and the other tom chased him back into the house. He's fine, but he (wisely) hasn't gone that way since.

@chizontiz Kestrel- and Chizcat could be tuxy socky cousins with their matching multicoloured toe beans. Kestrelcat has a similar expression when he plays with his kicking fish. (A fish for kicking, not one that kicks) Hope he feels better soon!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Send warm-os down here, pls. It's freezing. Almost literally as we've a low of zero tonight. I just spoke to my brother who was whinging that they had a low of 14, we haven't even had that as a high lately. It's currently 25 degrees where he lives so he's put socks and a jumper on.
PS we are already in bed at 7:44 pm with the cats, too cold to sit in the kitchen.
1718703854013.png

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
Send warm-os down here, pls. It's freezing. Almost literally as we've a low of zero tonight. I just spoke to my brother who was whinging that they had a low of 14, we haven't even had that as a high lately. It's currently 25 degrees where he lives so he's put socks and a jumper on.
PS we are already in bed at 7:44 pm with the cats, too cold to sit in the kitchen.
View attachment 3001362
It won’t make you feel better I know but it’s crappy here too. It’s 85% bloody humidity and grey.

• Wow
  • Heart
It won’t make you feel better I know but it’s crappy here too. It’s 85% bloody humidity and grey.
I love overcast days but not humidity. Where my brother lives (up in the Northern Territory, near Darwin) it's like breathing through a hot wet sock during the wet season which is September/October to around April.

I love overcast days but not humidity. Where my brother lives (up in the Northern Territory, near Darwin) it's like breathing through a hot wet sock during the wet season which is September/October to around April.
When I was in Texas it was 95-98% humidity and 95-105f it was like being in hot bath sponge. Absolutely awful.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
View attachment 3001362
Brrrrrr. Snuggle in.

For our UK friends, Australian homes are officially known to be woefully and purposely inadequately insulated.

We suffer in winter as you do in your increasingly hot summers.

We who RENT (that remains a mockery against Jack, yes?) really struggle in winter. You can't efficiently run a heater/aircon in an abode designed to let heat out as soon as the temperature drops!

And I say this as a human with gratefully acknowledged good health who is or can be rugged up and run around all day.

MCM, I so don't want to sound condescending, but YES GOD IT'S COLD. LOOK AFTER YOUR NOSE AND TOES

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Brrrrrr. Snuggle in.

For our UK friends, Australian homes are officially known to be woefully and purposely inadequately insulated.

We suffer in winter as you do in your increasingly hot summers.

We who RENT (that remains a mockery against Jack, yes?) really struggle in winter. You can't efficiently run a heater/aircon in an abode designed to let heat out as soon as the temperature drops!

And I say this as a human with gratefully acknowledged good health who is or can be rugged up and run around all day.

MCM, I so don't want to sound condescending, but YES GOD IT'S COLD. LOOK AFTER YOUR NOSE AND TOES
Sounds like we’d all benefit from better insulation.

YH hasn’t apologised for Friday and we aren’t speaking. I’ll happily die on this hill as I have the bed to myself and peace and quiet. Also the blue corn whisky he would’ve gotten for Father’s Day from me. I don’t like whisky but I might try and force it down. Casually asking me later “so how was it then” was so passive aggressive that it made it all worse.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Sounds like we’d all benefit from better insulation.

YH hasn’t apologised for Friday and we aren’t speaking. I’ll happily die on this hill as I have the bed to myself and peace and quiet. Also the blue corn whisky he would’ve gotten for Father’s Day from me. I don’t like whisky but I might try and force it down. Casually asking me later “so how was it then” was so passive aggressive that it made it all worse.
OMG @griftalo! Is YH your partner? I don't know why but I've been assuming this was a reference to an older child living with you who was a sibling to your little ones.

Eeeeek.

Oooh YES!

I have two brothers. One lives in Watermelon aka Glasgow. He has a difficult relationship with Nephew #3, who is a beautiful young man who most definitely has been a berk and a challenge and who is one of the greatest people I know. Different from his father yet very like. But not university academic, which it appears is the only measure my bro can understand.

BUT! Oh yes, I've been keeping this burn up my sleeve for years and tonight WAS MY NIGHT

1000004965.jpg

YEA TAKE THAT, BROTHER, WHO'S ATTENDED *TWO*

BURN ❤🔥 LOVING MYSELF RIGHT NOW.

I do not need insulation or even a heater tonight

• Haha
Reactions: 16
OMG @griftalo! Is YH your partner? I don't know why but I've been assuming this was a reference to an older child living with you who was a sibling to your little ones.

Eeeeek.
Young Harold was originally slightly younger Harold who hasn’t left - because of the old Harold jokes. But shortened to young Harold or just YH. You’d think it was a child from the carrot argument I’m sure. The kids I will refer to as just the kids. Two bigger and two littler ones. I’m out of the under five’s though for all of them. I won’t call YH mr griftalo as we aren’t married!
---
Oooh YES!

I have two brothers. One lives in Watermelon aka Glasgow. He has a difficult relationship with Nephew #3, who is a beautiful young man who most definitely has been a berk and a challenge and who is one of the greatest people I know. Different from his father yet very like. But not university academic, which it appears is the only measure my bro can understand.

BUT! Oh yes, I've been keeping this burn up my sleeve for years and tonight WAS MY NIGHT

View attachment 3001737

What was his issue with whatever he did do?!

• Heart
Young Harold was originally slightly younger Harold who hasn’t left - because of the old Harold jokes. But shortened to young Harold or just YH. You’d think it was a child from the carrot argument I’m sure. The kids I will refer to as just the kids. Two bigger and two littler ones. I’m out of the under five’s though for all of them. I won’t call YH mr griftalo as we aren’t married!
I know you love him and great man I'm sure but the tagine thing was SO BULLSHIT and I hope his whisky is often (but not always so as to keep him wary) sour haha.

Men: I couldn't rescue one permanently.

• Haha
Is the whiskey blue?

Is going to a James Blunt concert ~that~ bad?

Sending warmth to the upside down. It’s going to hit 20 degrees here up by the Wall so positively tropical.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
---

A lovely question, thanks.

Nephew has committed the crime of flying from Glasgie to Euro 2024 with friends to watch games IN A PUB or PUBS and enjoy the camaraderie but not bankrupting his 25yo self with stadium tickets and is obviously lacking morals or goals.

Also my brother is quite limited in the friends department and that he managed four children amuses me #immature

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Oooh YES!

View attachment 3001737

---

Thanks for clarifying, Griftalo. I think I assumed YH was a twenty-something kid still living at home, with younger siblings. Perhaps it's because you're often frustrated with him and you're bearing the mental load of managing your household, which sounds rather complicated!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I forgot to mention… I got a new vacuum! The shitting sharty shark broke (as in dropped dead, won’t turn on)
IMG_1464.jpeg
and I honestly haven’t the energy to lug Harry (the other vacuum) up and down the stairs all the time, especially after he fell on top of me once. So I was looking to get a cheapish stick vacuum, as ideally I like to do the bedroom every day and it’s been more like once a week at best lately and it’s made me feel disgusting… only I found a Bosch then fell down a rabbit hole of what the best vacuums are etc etc etc

And that’s how I became the owner of a Sebo. 😬 It’s done a lovely job of the carpet and lifted the pile back up in places which the sharty shitter didn’t ever and it’s cute and retro looking.
ETA and!! It picked up white cat fluff off the darkest grey carpet which the shart just left there. I don’t know why people rate the new sharks as they’re awful.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
It’s crazy, Horlicks and hot water bottles all round 🥶

@kachoochoo how is Mr KCC getting on this week?

thank you for asking. he seems ok, all things considered. just went and reordered all his meds today. for someone who's never really been on anything for all his life, apart from the acetretin for psoriasis, he's now on 7 meds several times a day!

2 types of water tablets
something to slow his heart rate
anticoagulant
thiamine

and a couple more

we're both still signed off for now. and we had annual leave booked for the end of the month as we were meant to be away ☹

oh, speaking of which, I've still got my stepmum going, "oh, it'll do you good to get away"

yeah... mr kcc attempting a 3 hr drive when he's nodding off every 5mins and me trying to navigate their massive house which is mostly made of stone on a stick. yeah, that's not happening!

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.