Food and Drink #53

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The reflux has become a part of periods now, and this period has been rough. It ended then came back a day later, worse than before with its friend, the reflux demon!
had some more gaviscon and letting that settle before attempting bedtime
You have all my sympathy.
Maybe speak to doctor about getting a few famotidine? Depending on any interaction with your other meds.

Omeprazole / lansoprazole are more for long term daily use eg in ulcer treatment (though possible nutritional impact after a while)

Conversely the H2 types work very quickly and just for a few hours ie overnight special :) and are lifesavers imo for that occasional violent reflux.
Ranitidine (zantac) that you used to be able to just buy, is no longer made, and the similar ones famotidine and cimetidine are prescription only here in uk, (although famotidine is otc and cheap in the US if you have a conveniently travelling friend or relative)

Reactions: 7
You have all my sympathy.
Maybe speak to doctor about getting a few famotidine? Depending on any interaction with your other meds.

Omeprazole / lansoprazole are more for long term daily use eg in ulcer treatment (though possible nutritional impact after a while)

Conversely the H2 types work very quickly and just for a few hours ie overnight special :) and are lifesavers imo for that occasional violent reflux.
Ranitidine (zantac) that you used to be able to just buy, is no longer made, and the similar ones famotidine and cimetidine are prescription only here in uk, (although famotidine is otc and cheap in the US if you have a conveniently travelling friend or relative)
Oh I could have tried another lanzoprazole 🙄
Good to know! I will make enquiries…

‘If Not Friend, Why Friend-Shaped?’ A Beary Scientific Investigation

Fabulous article, thank you Sarge. Basically, bears and dogs share a common ancestor which means that in a just and fair world we could keep bears as loving and loyal pets if they hadn't split off so far all those years ago.
In that world, my job would be a bear groomer. I'd have a mobile bear grooming business travelling the Eastern suburbs attending to the good bears of Melbourne.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Fabulous article, thank you Sarge. Basically, bears and dogs share a common ancestor which means that in a just and fair world we could keep bears as loving and loyal pets if they hadn't split off so far all those years ago.
In that world, my job would be a bear groomer. I'd have a mobile bear grooming business travelling the Eastern suburbs attending to the good bears of Melbourne.
When I imagine the "good bears of Melbourne"

1718641139116.png

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I take omeprazole tablets daily and it’s a battle to get them prescribed as they’re so much more expensive than the capsules but the capsules do nothing for me at all. Lansoprazole I always get given in hospital (cheaper and apparently ‘better’) and it actually causes me reflux, nope Ive no idea why! I take one a day, can take two but that’s for when it’s really bad. Milk also oddly causes me issues 🙄

I’ve been been having issues with mine. I did a silly thing and had some ginger beer fizzy drink and that’s a massive trigger for me, you’d think I’d learn but nope! Nasty period combined with still no news from police I thought I deserved a treat 🙄

Take care everyone.

• Heart
Those bears don't look real! They definitely don't look scary. Might get one two.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
I grew up watching Gentle Ben and have always felt cheated out of having a bear friend. It’s their EARS.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
I don't know how scientifically this was backed up.
I read elephants see us as adorable. Which makes me feel they must see us terribly when we abuse them .

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I grew up watching Gentle Ben and have always felt cheated out of having a bear friend. It’s their EARS.
Oh, that was my favourite Sunday night show! I just LOVE bears, when I was working I supported a Canadian sanctuary called Bear With Us (lol). There were some special bears at that place.
There's also a Breakfast With Bears you can go to in Vancouver, my brother went a few years ago and got some great bear bum photos for me.
I could talk about bears all day.

• Heart
  • Haha
I don't know how scientifically this was backed up.
I read elephants see us as adorable. Which makes me feel they must see us terribly when we abuse them .
Dogs too I think. Not sure about cats.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
I went to a pebbly beach today. There were no war/chaos happenings. It was so lovely and I had a peppermint tea and cuddled a cockerpoo puppy.

• Heart
I sponsored a dog and bear in sanctuaries just after uni. I’ve still got their pictures and ‘letters’.
I was surprisingly upset when they died. Everyone thought I was stupid. I didn’t care 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Big interview is tomorrow, fraus. V nervous 🤢
Best of luck! God I don’t envy you those pre interview nerves but it means you really care about the outcome. Try and think of it as excitement instead and see if that helps xx

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.