Food and Drink #52

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh god, I guessed we were neighbours but you’re from Newark? Sorry love 😅
But whenever I think of Newark I think of my friend from the Netherlands who I met in NZ, he said he had been to ‘Newarrrrk’ and it blew my mind lmao
I live just outside Nottingham now, but yeah, I lived in Newark until I was 33. I also know a Dutch guy who lives in (well, just outside) Newark.

Reactions: 6
I have astigmatism and minus 8 (and now need reading glasses as well because of severe old age). Also dry eyes but all the drops and sprays make my eyes sting worse. I just need to blink more.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
I have astigmatism and minus 8 (and now need reading glasses as well because of severe old age). Also dry eyes but all the drops and sprays make my eyes sting worse. I just need to blink more.
Astigmatism and very shortsighted, now veering towards longsighted, hence the need for varifocals. I also always wear rimless frames which means really expensive ultra-thin and ultra-light lenses, which is why my last two pairs were £400 each.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I once went to my eye hospital appointment and got kept in for a week waiting for a lumbar puncture due to inflamed optic nerve. It was incredibly traumatic (on a ward next to someone with very bad mental health issues screaming in the night) and I’d only just got out of 3 weeks in hospital after my crappy health issue had nearly killed me. I felt very sorry for them but as an audhd person with ptsd already it was really hard to cope in there.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
I once went to my eye hospital appointment and got kept in for a week waiting for a lumbar puncture due to inflamed optic nerve. It was incredibly traumatic (on a ward next to someone with very bad mental health issues screaming in the night) and I’d only just got out of 3 weeks in hospital after my crappy health issue had nearly killed me. I felt very sorry for them but as an audhd person with ptsd already it was really hard to cope in there.
I hope everything is ok now.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
My eye test was drama free , changed in 30 odd years . Puffs of air, green dots. Very odd. As expected I need glasses, distance and readers. Ready in 10 days . Seemed to be a bit of upselling extras. I'll try standard ones first

Reactions: 15
Today was a work day for me.

This is not really unusual but in the context of grifters who brought us here, I thought I'd mention it hehe.

It was a housekeeping job; people who have become my friends. So on a 27° April-is-autumn day, I had no compunction stating I'd work for 2 hours max. Then we had a coffee, and I hugged Pippa the Border Collie who will come to live in Watermelon Victoria with me in August and then I ran off to ponies to PLAY in the sun. We just ran around with a large ball and splashed in the small waterhole, then I let them off their lead ropes and I wandered towards the paddock chatting with my friend and the ponies pretended they were wild brumbies until they suddenly remembered they're just little ponies and cantered up to me telling their stories of the crazy tit that happened in their seven minutes of freedom and we all went to the paddock and then I went to Watermelon Retreat and made a delicious dessert and excelled generally and I've had worse days, I can assure you

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I'm overdue an eye test and kind of scared what they'll find. I'm shortsighted, but aside from that I've been having some peripheral vision weirdness.
---
If not truffle, why truffle-flavoured?
Love this. 😂

ETA: I think most people know this by now, but it's possible to have an eye test in your own home if mobility (or anything else) is an issue.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I'm overdue an eye test and kind of scared what they'll find. I'm shortsighted, but aside from that I've been having some peripheral vision weirdness.
---

Love this. 😂

ETA: I think most people know this by now, but it's possible to have an eye test in your own home if mobility (or anything else) is an issue.
Is it kind of like vertical hold isn’t working on a tv, at the outer corner of your vision by any chance?

Reactions: 8
Is it kind of like vertical hold isn’t working on a tv, at the outer corner of your vision by any chance?
I'm not sure. It's hard to describe tbh! Sometimes it feels as though my vision is clear except for the periphery. Other times I think I'll see something in the corner of my vision and turn to look but it's nothing. I've also been getting a lot of sparkly lines a bit like floaters. That's not new. When I last spoke to the GP about my eyes (years ago now), he said that it might be a detached retina, but I'd had an eye test a few days earlier so it was ruled out. It could just be migraine aura bc I've had a lot of those lately. Apologies for this health spiel. Your experience sounds awful @griftalo. Sending ❤ and 🌻

• Heart
I'm not sure. It's hard to describe tbh! Sometimes it feels as though my vision is clear except for the periphery. Other times I think I'll see something in the corner of my vision and turn to look but it's nothing. I've also been getting a lot of sparkly lines a bit like floaters. That's not new. When I last spoke to the GP about my eyes (years ago now), he said that it might be a detached retina, but I'd had an eye test a few days earlier so it was ruled out. It could just be migraine aura bc I've had a lot of those lately. Apologies for this health spiel. Your experience sounds awful @griftalo. Sending ❤ and 🌻
Thank you ❤
I have sparkles and floaters and get migraines too. The weird bit at the corner has improved a little in the last week though 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Any jaw pain while eating or talking? Any sudden headaches?

Someone I know had "peripheral vision weirdness" coupled with jaw pain, turned out to be this, which is really serious.

If you're having weirdness with your vision it really, really needs to be checked out. *chases you off to the optician*

Any jaw pain while eating or talking? Any sudden headaches?

Someone I know had "peripheral vision weirdness" coupled with jaw pain, turned out to be this, which is really serious.

If you're having weirdness with your vision it really, really needs to be checked out. *chases you off to the optician*
Yikes that's scary. 😬😬 Consider me chased! So would that be picked up by an optician?

No jaw pains though. I have had sudden headaches but not severe ones. Blood tests were done last week and there was nothing significant.

I definitely have these three, but they're fairly nonspecific...

1713893022259.png

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Finally I've found a pateron I can support. Worried it ran out 2023 though. Scam?

• Haha