Food and Drink #52

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
One of my kids is addicted to brick lane bagels! On a random note, my dad was apparently born on brick lane. So maybe it’s in the blood lol.
I might have shared this before but I had my first brick lane bagel when I first moved to London for uni. It was at the end of a night out so it was heaving. I tried to order for a friend and me, and asked for ‘one chocolate spread, and bacon* one please’, which is exactly what I got. Chocolate spread and bacon in one bagel, they didn’t even bat an eyelid.

*is it weird to clarify that I googled this because I felt gaslit by my own memory when writing this, but one of the bagel shops does serve bacon! Screenshot below. Or perhaps used to - the yellow one, the oldest shop of the two, has apparently mysteriously shut down in the last couple of months.

**I was a very ‘fish out of water’ 18 year old, literally clueless. Bloody hell. Chocolate spread and bacon bagel. What a bleeping mess of an order!

IMG_5995.jpeg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
The yellow shop shutting down was on the news 😅 the general consensus is nefarious gentrification is coming.

I never honestly noticed a difference between the two, I’m a fence sitter on which was better.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
The yellow shop shutting down was on the news 😅 the general consensus is nefarious gentrification is coming.

I never honestly noticed a difference between the two, I’m a fence sitter on which was better.
Aren’t they both owned by the same family?
#yellowforever

• Haha
Reactions: 9
#yellowforever
this came up in my googling!

---
I forget who but it was someone from here who recommended Nathan For You. I liked it! Although there was one episode that was way too much for me and I had to skip through.

For anybody else who enjoyed it, have you seen The Rehearsal? I started today and actually shouted at my phone earlier I got so angry lol.

How To With John Wilkinson on iPlayer is also v similar, but much gentler. I enjoyed that a lot.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Cream cheese, pickled 🥒and mustard for me. Beiges bake is my Brick Lane bagel shop of choice. I sometimes wish I ate meat just so I could try the salt beef.

Reactions: 8
Sorry to go from bagels to bears but my cousin took a video of a bear walking past her downstairs window, I really wish I could share it with you guyses. Medium sized bear just ambling through the apartment buildings.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
#yellowforever
Not sure about Brick Lane bagel shops, but at one point there were three kebab shops in Newark that were apparently owned by various cousins. One of them was by far the best (because their food didn't give you the shits and they didn't try to short change you...)

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Not sure about Brick Lane bagel shops, but at one point there were three kebab shops in Newark that were apparently owned by various cousins. One of them was by far the best (because their food didn't give you the shits and they didn't try to short change you...)
There’s two rival chicken shops here! Same franchise. ETA I have never been in either. Huge beef though between them.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Weren't Adidas and Puma started by rival brothers? (just checked - yes they were, but Aldi and Lidl weren't). *Ed Milliband looks up from his bacon sandwich*

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I have literally no idea what anyone is talking about right now!

So I'll just say in response to the Guardian article about the beautiful companion animals with whom we share life that it was only last December that I whispered again to Bossy (the cat - her real name!) that she needed to stay with me forever, but she couldn't stay. And here we are 😭

We'll all be okay. Question mark.

Anyway, I attended the African drumming workshop today and it was so utterly brilliant, like flying. Better than sex actually.

I messaged my mother about the perimenopause. I think you'll like it:
Screenshot_2024-04-22-22-00-44-88_0ce57feeccaa51fb7deed04b4dbda235.jpg

THE PUNCHLINE. SHE DID NOT WRITE GOOD FOR YOU, IT JUST POPPED UP
Screenshot_2024-04-22-22-01-03-92_0ce57feeccaa51fb7deed04b4dbda235.jpg

Further anyway, good day today. Love to all

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
We’re in a (normally) very warm country, on holiday. Today it’s like winter outside. There is a storm; very heavy winds all day, and rain has been non-stop since this morning. We’ve eaten lots of snacks and are worrying about braving the weather so that we can get out for dinner this evening.

until then, we’ve stayed in bed, put the DO NOT DISTURB sign on the door, and have the snooker on 💜💖💜
I was thinking of ordering an Ocado shop for later in this week, when we’re back, but I can’t log into my work email to see if I have any discounts so I’ll wait til I get home.

I’m loving it, tbh.
IMG_9566.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I have literally no idea what anyone is talking about right now!

So I'll just say in response to the Guardian article about the beautiful companion animals with whom we share life that it was only last December that I whispered again to Bossy (the cat - her real name!) that she needed to stay with me forever, but she couldn't stay. And here we are 😭

We'll all be okay. Question mark.

Anyway, I attended the African drumming workshop today and it was so utterly brilliant, like flying. Better than sex actually.

I messaged my mother about the perimenopause. I think you'll like it:
View attachment 2890838
THE PUNCHLINE. SHE DID NOT WRITE GOOD FOR YOU, IT JUST POPPED UP
View attachment 2890839

Further anyway, good day today. Love to all
Your mum sounds wonderful. ❤😂 I love getting mum texts. Mine spilled cocoa powder on herself this morning, so I got the message ''I look like a truffle''.

I'm happy the African drumming went well. Maybe it'll unlock your new crone powers?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
As I'm on holiday I've booked an eye test for tomorrow. (rock and roll), I've not had an eye test since I was 17. 50 now, but up until 2 years ago my eyes were 20/20.
4 people were aghast at my lack of eye care .
Is if something you have to do ?

• Heart
Reactions: 10
As I'm on holiday I've booked an eye test for tomorrow. (rock and roll), I've not had an eye test since I was 17. 50 now, but up until 2 years ago my eyes were 20/20.
4 people were aghast at my lack of eye care .
Is if something you have to do ?
I’ve always had terrible eyesight, so I always go every two years minimum, sometimes yearly. They can pick up other diseases too, you can often get a free eye test and it doesn’t hurt.
I have a much less regular relationship with the dentist…..

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I have crap eyesight, and have worn glasses since I was 16 (although at the time it was only in one eye, I had a plain lens in the other side for ages, it made my glasses cast interesting shadows).

I'm due an eye test soon, actually, but I'm putting it off because I had to pay £60 for a replacement pair of glasses not all that long ago after breaking my original ones because they flew off my head while I was taking a jumper off...

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I've been wearing glasses on the daily since 1982 and have never lost or broken a pair yet 🏅

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I've been deaf in one ear for 40 years. People still say goodbye to me out of eyeshot and think I've heard them . I haven't . I was even accused of being deaf when I want to be . Sometimes maybe ...

Reactions: 11