Food and Drink #52

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've been wearing glasses on the daily since 1982 and have never lost or broken a pair yet šŸ…
Blimey. Iā€™ve had kids/OH/me break multiple pairs. If theyā€™re gonna break they usually break right away. Some of my old Ā£6 glasses from selectspects are still going though

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I'm due an eye test soon, actually, but I'm putting it off because I had to pay Ā£60 for a replacement pair of glasses not all that long ago after breaking my original ones because they flew off my head while I was taking a jumper off...
Sixty pounds? *cries in rimless varifocals and an Ā£800 bill for two pairs last week*

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Flippin eck! Can you not get them online?
Not easily with varifocals, there's a greater chance of them not being right and you having to send them back.

I managed to break my only pair in the most ridiculous, "oh FFS, Witchy, how...? Only you," manner possible which is also massively šŸ‰ so just think of the most absurd way you could break a pair of glasses and it'll be even more absurd than that. So I bought two pairs and the nice man gave me free insurance, hurrah.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I'm completely confuddled. I ordered carrot cake. Really is my only cake. Got a substitute.
Tea, coffee, lager, stouts? Lemonade maybe, thrown me right off

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Lemon cake is niceĀ¹, but not if you're expecting carrot cake.

As long as the carrot cake doesn't include walnuts, which I don't really like.

Ā¹Appropriate username, although technically unrelated.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
I'm completely confuddled. I ordered carrot cake. Really is my only cake. Got a substitute.
I like that one! I donā€™t buy their carrot ones because it has dangernuts. Sorry for your disappointment!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I like that one! I donā€™t buy their carrot ones because it has dangernuts. Sorry for your disappointment!
I'm not disappointed I'm going to leave it in the box. Break through the plastic film and eat it like presented in a trough . I'm on holiday .

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Well, itā€™s not chocolate. Itā€™s in the ā€œfruit and veg based cakeā€ selectionšŸ¤£

thatā€™s not too bad, I always get my Higgidy feta and red pepper roll replaced with their pork one or suchlike.

• Sick
It's on her business page so I if you want to see bear here it is
ā–¶ Watch this video
(I also have most of my family in Canada) whenever I get videos about bears on fb I just think, how can something that looks so cute and fluffy be so deadly? Have you seen how they fly bears out of cities btw? In the net bag thing? Itā€™s ridiculous.

• Wow
Reactions: 13
Not sure about Brick Lane bagel shops, but at one point there were three kebab shops in Newark that were apparently owned by various cousins. One of them was by far the best (because their food didn't give you the shits and they didn't try to short change you...)
Oh god, I guessed we were neighbours but youā€™re from Newark? Sorry love šŸ˜…
But whenever I think of Newark I think of my friend from the Netherlands who I met in NZ, he said he had been to ā€˜Newarrrrkā€™ and it blew my mind lmao
---
If not friend, why friend-shaped? šŸ„ŗ
Exactly! The ears! The little ears and the fluff šŸ¤
---
As I'm on holiday I've booked an eye test for tomorrow. (rock and roll), I've not had an eye test since I was 17. 50 now, but up until 2 years ago my eyes were 20/20.
4 people were aghast at my lack of eye care .
Is if something you have to do ?
I have always had terrible eyesight and had glasses since I was about 14, I go to the opticians more often than the dentist šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø
I donā€™t think you can do a lot other than your diet, if you are concerned then Google vitamins that are good for your eyes, and other than that just wear glasses if you need them, and I canā€™t stress that enough. I didnā€™t, I hated what I looked like in my glasses and I think if I had just stuck to it and wore them then my eyesight would be better now šŸ˜”

But do go to the opticians! And do the eye tests as well if your vision is changing, on my last test my vision in one of eye had changed a lot and they wanted to do more tests, which was all covered with my plan with them, there was nothing but Iā€™m so glad and grateful it was done!

Last edited:
  • Heart
I'm not disappointed I'm going to leave it in the box. Break through the plastic film and eat it like presented in a trough . I'm on holiday .
Sounds like something Iā€™d never do šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ who am I kidding! Sometimes itā€™s reduced because the plastic window is coming unstuck so I may have done that.
---
(I also have most of my family in Canada) whenever I get videos about bears on fb I just think, how can something that looks so cute and fluffy be so deadly? Have you seen how they fly bears out of cities btw? In the net bag thing? Itā€™s ridiculous.
God that must be bleeping terrifying for them! Poor things. They have bear bloody PTSD now.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
It's worthwhile to go for an eye test regularly.

My friend recently had an eye test and the optician called progressively more people into the room until everyone who worked there had had a look at her eyes. She has a "fluffy" optic nerve, which is a symptom of brain tumours, and idiopathic intercranial hypertension. She was sent to hospital urgently and diagnosed with the latter, and had actually started to lose her peripheral vision but hadn't noticed as it was very gradual.

Anyway, because they picked it up it won't progress any further, but she could have lost her sight. So please go every couple of years, it's worth the cost and effort because they can pick up all sorts.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I got sent to Moorfields once due to a peripheral vision issue. Long story short, my eyes are structurally weird in a way that produces the same problem as above. Thatā€™s what they were checking, so lucky for me I just canā€™t see.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Your mum sounds wonderful. ā¤šŸ˜‚ I love getting mum texts. Mine spilled cocoa powder on herself this morning, so I got the message ''I look like a truffle''.

I'm happy the African drumming went well. Maybe it'll unlock your new crone powers?
This is glorious! "I look like a truffle."

Mum texts are indeed the best.

I really did feel like the drumming was a gate to a new crone life. I've signed up for more in May!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13