Food and Drink #51

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The vet surgery where the Ginger Monster goes has a little candle lamp in reception, with a notice by it saying that if it is on, someone is saying goodbye and could we please be a bit quiet. Fortunately, I've never seen it on.

Pet grief takes time, like any grief. If you need to go easy on yourself for a while, that's just appropriate self care and there's no need to feel guilty about it.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
Just seen this because I have been away (literally, we lost a dear dear friend suddenly and with no warning), so haven't kept up with the threads.
I a so, so heartbroken for you, darling @MaineCoonMama - I really have no words. Have lost a few furry little people myself, I know how that feels like.
Sending you so much love, and cuddles from our lot ❤.
Sorry to hear that, Housy C. It’s quite literally shocking when someone just goes, unexpectedly with no warning. I had two phone calls of that sort last year, it’s tough x

• Heart
Reactions: 14
When I was wee, my dad (Greek) used to make us a weekend breakfast of eggs (runny yolk) fried in olive oil, Greek sausages if he could get them, Polish kabanos if not; a slice of freshly cut crusty bread and a chunk of feta on the side. It was one of my favourite meals and as a vegetarian of many years, one of the only meaty dishes I still think of with lovehearts in my eyes. That and kleftiko with some feta for extra yum.

*whispers* It's guest!

• Haha
  • Wow
It's celebration day in the Sideboard household. Sideboard Cat is nine years old today! She's had lots of cuddles and some chicken jerky I found in Pets At Home that she absolutely loved. I also found out today that it looks very much like I'm buying my forever home. We're waiting for them to do the money laundering compliance but I should be paying the £500 deposit this week. The only negative is that it's not going to be built until September. I refuse to believe it's happening until I have the keys in my hand, I simply cannot believe it.

View attachment 2881367
Congratulations to both of my tenderheads!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
It's celebration day in the Sideboard household. Sideboard Cat is nine years old today! She's had lots of cuddles and some chicken jerky I found in Pets At Home that she absolutely loved. I also found out today that it looks very much like I'm buying my forever home. We're waiting for them to do the money laundering compliance but I should be paying the £500 deposit this week. The only negative is that it's not going to be built until September. I refuse to believe it's happening until I have the keys in my hand, I simply cannot believe it.

View attachment 2881367
Great news! I also bought a new build, I will recommend getting a professional snag finder to have a proper look round once you get the keys - I didn't but wish I had!

• Heart
Sorry to hear that, Housy C. It’s quite literally shocking when someone just goes, unexpectedly with no warning. I had two phone calls of that sort last year, it’s tough x
Thank you, darling Hotes - he was the most vital, full of energy man you'd ever met. So loved by everybody, his students adored him. Felt sick after eating, believed he had food poisoning - collapsed and died of a massive heart attack within 45 minutes.
Sorry about the mememe bit ninnies, still in shock (and in denial).
Love ❤ you all, ninnnies.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 23
I decided to be honest with my work. Said I'd messed up holiday dates, so will need two weeks off. No response yet. I'm fifty, I've had the sack from better jobs. I don't know why I worry so much .
So I've got 2 weeks holiday. Can't wait. Not had a holiday in over 15 years

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I decided to be honest with my work. Said I'd messed up holiday dates, so will need two weeks off. No response yet. I'm fifty, I've had the sack from better jobs. I don't know why I worry so much .
So I've got 2 weeks holiday. Can't wait. Not had a holiday in over 15 years
Whatever will be, will be.

Reactions: 9
It amuses me that you could read that as Foxface being a member of the Greens.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Thank you, darling Hotes - he was the most vital, full of energy man you'd ever met. So loved by everybody, his students adored him. Felt sick after eating, believed he had food poisoning - collapsed and died of a massive heart attack within 45 minutes.
Sorry about the mememe bit ninnies, still in shock (and in denial).
Love ❤ you all, ninnnies.
So sorry to hear this Housey, life is full of shocks like this. The Ninny Massive is a little place of love and support, there's almost always someone on shift if you need a laugh or a cry. Much love to you.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
It's getting quite cold here, winter is on its way, yesss.
My pre-Caturday offering today is baby Thor with his shoelace. Used to drag it everywhere. How was he ever that small?
1713497128093.jpeg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.