Food and Drink #51

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can't understand how it's meant to be better. Aren't the bottle and cap two different types of plastic?
Also it seems like they aren't easy to screw back on straight. Can't be helpful for people with limited dexterity.
AMEN

too short

• Heart
Reactions: 11
No. My hobby is very blokey . And I don't accept certain things people say . I love banter. I think tattle has a bit, I'm staying in my own.
I'll have next week off . Go do a few nights fishing, it may build my resilience
Eta : maybe I'm just thinking they will be sniffed up vodka heads being all the - ist . Maybe I'll have 3 weeks off
The canal are here for you if you feel overwhelmed or anxious along the way @mchops. We'll be your phone friends who are available to be dumped on at any moment for the duration.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
There are algae that glow in the dark down in Tassie, something I'd love to see. I've mentioned before the town my step dad lives in has a deep blue lake inside an extinct volcano crater and a pink lake outside the town. Also a gorgeous sinkhole with hanging gardens.
I really want to move there but Harold won't because it's a bit of a jerkwater burg with nothing to do.
I'm in the midst of a bad depression episode, I feel really numb. It started on Saturday night and has become steadily worse. Harold is eating his feelings whereas I'm only eating so I can take my medication. This is not what I'm normally like, I love my food. It feels like all the joy in my life is gone. I'm not crying or anything, I just feel nothing. Sorry to be such a downer. again. I think I should see my doctor.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Lovely MCM, it is totally understandable that losing your boy would send you into a depression. Maybe some short term meds would help but my feeling would probably be to go though the feelings as it does get better. When I lost my cat to old age in the January of 2021 just after the cancelled Christmas I felt so sad, I couldn't stop crying - all month it was like the light had disappeared from my life and the world was ugly. And that was a cat who went at the right time, not one who should have had years left.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Lovely MCM, it is totally understandable that losing your boy would send you into a depression. Maybe some short term meds would help but my feeling would probably be to go though the feelings as it does get better. When I lost my cat to old age in the January of 2021 just after the cancelled Christmas I felt so sad, I couldn't stop crying - all month it was like the light had disappeared from my life and the world was ugly. And that was a cat who went at the right time, not one who should have had years left.
Thank you dear Skronks. I've booked an appointment to speak with my doctor on Friday as I feel like I'm not coping. He's been my GP for coming up to ten years so he's aware of previous MH issues.
I might just need to up my current meds for a few weeks, we'll see.
Just after I posted my last post, I went to the letterbox and found a package from the vet containing a card, a laminated Rainbow Bridge thing and a list of grief counselling numbers and websites. That helped me decide to do something about it, I don't like being like this.
Pocket ninnies are the best, even just writing out my feelings and knowing there are people who genuinely care.

For now, I'm going to lose myself in the Scottish Highlands with the latest JD Kirk book. It landed in my Kindle app this morning and it's proving to be a great distraction so far.
Love you guys.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Morning Pocket Ninnies.

My online shop over subbed me with feta cheese. I’m so basic that I just crumble it on top of salad but does anyone else use feta for other non salad dishes?

Thinking of you MCM - hope the appointment goes well later in the week.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Morning Pocket Ninnies.

My online shop over subbed me with feta cheese. I’m so basic that I just crumble it on top of salad but does anyone else use feta for other non salad dishes?

Do you eat prawns? If so Prawn saganki or a prawny pasta dish with feta is lovely (see Otolenghi orzo with prawns and feta from the Simple book)

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Morning Pocket Ninnies.

I think I used it in a lasagne with mushrooms once

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Morning Pocket Ninnies.

Roasted veg (peppers, red onion, potatoes, courgettes with herbs, oil and balsamic) then about 5 mins before taking it out of the oven, crumble some feta over the top.

• Heart
Thank you ninnies. Have book marked these - think I’ll start with Muriel’s suggestion as I have those bits to hand.

• Heart
Thank you dear Skronks. I've booked an appointment to speak with my doctor on Friday as I feel like I'm not coping. He's been my GP for coming up to ten years so he's aware of previous MH issues.
I might just need to up my current meds for a few weeks, we'll see.
Just after I posted my last post, I went to the letterbox and found a package from the vet containing a card, a laminated Rainbow Bridge thing and a list of grief counselling numbers and websites. That helped me decide to do something about it, I don't like being like this.
Pocket ninnies are the best, even just writing out my feelings and knowing there are people who genuinely care.

For now, I'm going to lose myself in the Scottish Highlands with the latest JD Kirk book. It landed in my Kindle app this morning and it's proving to be a great distraction so far.
Love you guys.
The cards that vets send can tip one over the edge with the love and sadness and gratitude to them (the vets). How wonderful that your vet includes grief counselling information.

And if you feel depressed with a capital D, then you are. It was such a strain for you losing Pooh, with the money aspect and Nana's generosity and your super withdrawal all on top. I really feel feel for you and your Harold (give him my acknowledgement, too.)

You've been really brave through this, and brave sharing it with us.

The little phantom toots and paws claws and sniffles are very real. Poor darling Pooh, and you

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Morning Pocket Ninnies.

I had some amazing feta and honey pies at a Greek restaurant in Cornwall (random I know) and recreated them when I got back. It’s basically just feta in 3 layers of filo pastry wrapped like a samosa, baked with honey and sesame seeds on top. V yummy

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I had some amazing feta and honey pies at a Greek restaurant in Cornwall (random I know) and recreated them when I got back. It’s basically just feta in 3 layers of filo pastry wrapped like a samosa, baked with honey and sesame seeds on top. V yummy
For an even easier version of this, wrap a block of feta in foil and bake it for about 20 mins in the oven. You can add honey & sesame or chilli or garlic or thyme or whatever you like before wrapping it.

Delicious with toasted pita bread to scoop it up.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Morning Pocket Ninnies.

Watermelon and feta salad https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/watermelon-feta-salad

orzo with feta and olives https://www.deliciousmagazine.co.uk/recipes/one-pot-orzo-with-feta-and-olives/

Greek salad omelette https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/greek-salad-omelette

Greek style chicken traybake https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/greek-style_chicken_and_64546

Kleftiko-style lamb shanks https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/kleftiko-style-lamb-shanks?utm_source=app

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.