Food and Drink #49

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My Harold has just fallen over on black ice attempting to put the bin out. In slippers. In this weather. Be careful out there.

• Wow
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
I’d much rather a cold winter day when the the sun is out and the ground is hard. My dog is intermittently reactive outdoors - he decides he doesn’t like the look of someone and will jump up at them, sometimes nipping. So he‘s on lead most of the time unless we’re in a private field or there’s no one around.

We went to the playing fields today and it was empty, maybe because it was so cold? So we walked four football pitches off lead and it was lovely. Makes my old boy smile so much. I wish he weren’t such a dick but he is who he is

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Is it possible to get mini sheep? Like those tiny goats?
Not really tiny, but there's a breed called the Ouessant, ewes are to be no more than 46cm and rams 49cm, so they're about knee high.

olOjm2HoQqmH9Yxy1CFGxQ.jpg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
There are cats that look like sheep.
Do you mean LaPerm cats?
If I had one of those I'd call it Kath Day-Knight.
My godson wanted a Munchkin kitten for his 18th but I had to say no for ethical reasons. I get the cuteness of the stumpy legs if it's just the way they're born but to purposely breed like that isn't something that sits right with me.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
I always wish London was like this during a sold snap, rather than the wet, grey cityscape we usually get. How beautiful.

1705453603988.png

Keswick, UK
Canoeists, kayakers and paddleboarders in snowy conditions on Derwentwater in Cumbria. Much of Britain is facing another day of cold temperatures and travel disruption after overnight lows dropped below freezing for the bulk of the country.

(Source: The Guardian)

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Hope everyone is ok.

Tunnel dog has just slipped over on the pavement. She’s ok but I am about to do my weather hierarchy. To anyone who wants to listen.

Tunnel dog then.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
Hello ninnies!!

I'm binging old episodes/youtube clips of Would I Lie To You and came across this with Tara Palmer Tomkinson. I'm totally captivated by her! Does anybody know if there was ever a documentary made about her? I don't know anything about her beyond the headlines of posh, 'troubled', and drink/drug problems. I assumed her death was addiction related but a cursory google tells me she had a perforated ulcer 😔. I suspect she might be under the influence of something in the above so I feel a bit icky about whatever this fascination is that's come over me. I'm intrigued and sad I suppose!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Hello ninnies!!

I'm binging old episodes/youtube clips of Would I Lie To You and came across this with Tara Palmer Tomkinson. I'm totally captivated by her! Does anybody know if there was ever a documentary made about her? I don't know anything about her beyond the headlines of posh, 'troubled', and drink/drug problems. I assumed her death was addiction related but a cursory google tells me she had a perforated ulcer 😔. I suspect she might be under the influence of something in the above so I feel a bit icky about whatever this fascination is that's come over me. I'm intrigued and sad I suppose!
There are definitely documentaries about her, I remember seeing at least one in the early 2000s, you should look around on YouTube most of the earlyn2000s stuff like that isnon there

Reactions: 12
Hello ninnies!!

I think she's delightfully funny in this clip, so endearing. She comes over as actually very self aware and intelligent and a bit bonkers, which I love.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Hello ninnies!!

I have her book “the naughty girls guide to life”, it’s really good fun, better than the usual of those kinds of books from that time (late 90s/early 2000s). She really did seem like a fab person, and really well-love by those who knew and met her.

• Heart
Hello ninnies!!

I can’t remember if I knew she’d died or not now. I remember her being all
over the media at one point. I didn’t realise she was only about five years older than me. That’s awful.

I was watching super size vs super skinny for the first time ever the other day, I didn’t realise it was dead old and went to look up how everyone got on afterwards and then I was really sad to see Lauren Hickson had died. You know when you’re really rooting for someone?

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
I have her book “the naughty girls guide to life”, it’s really good fun, better than the usual of those kinds of books from that time (late 90s/early 2000s). She really did seem like a fab person, and really well-love by those who knew and met her.

oh, I loved that book! the "advice" about pulling a sickie lives rent free in my head. she recommended having a "stunt lunch" to make a big show of throwing away, while you've got another, better, lunch stashed away. and while you're off, "try not to make any live television appearances" 😭

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Another day. Will it get above 0? Who knows?

I was nodding along to all your TPT chat but thinking she was still alive and an absolute knob. Then I realised I was thinking of Lady Victoria Hervey, not TPT who is still alive and an absolute knob. Poor Tara.

• Heart
Tara was very endearing. I remember when she did IACGMOOH and had her cuddly toy rabbit 'lapin' with her. I remember seeing a reality show she did looking for a new house to buy and went to see the Pierre Cardin house that's all domes near Cannes. She was so pissed on Frank Skinner's chat show, they shouldn't have let her go on - I think she cleaned up (at least for a bit) after that. In her will she said she wanted to leave her estate to her 'future children' - it's sad she never got to make much of a go of adult life. I wish things could have been different for her - she had an amazing sense of humour.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
OMG, hit the Bex Kitchen @wolfnsunflowers thread asap: we have a Thread 31. Repeat: Thread 31

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.