Food and Drink #48

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Chiz/TizCat is home! Thank you lovely fraus and ninnies for being so kind.

He’s had a rough time of it bless him. They had to drain fluid from both his lungs and his heart, and has been sent home with medicine to help continue with this. They know it’s heart disease, but he’ll need a proper heart scan to assess what kind, what the damage is, and the impact it will have on his life. I hope it isn’t something he’s been sat in pain with for ages and I’ve been missing the signs 😭.

So for now it’s just a case of keep a close eye and take things as they come. He’s sleeping all tucked up and tuckered out under my jumper now 🧡 and he’s been eating, drinking and using his litterbox okay, and was as chatty as usual about telling me he needed to/was using/has used said litterbox (legit every time that boy does a poo he will scream at me until I flush it for him) so I guess he’s starting to feel more like his usual precious, pampered self!

• Heart
Reactions: 26

He’s had a rough time of it bless him. They had to drain fluid from both his lungs and his heart, and has been sent home with medicine to help continue with this. They know it’s heart disease, but he’ll need a proper heart scan to assess what kind, what the damage is, and the impact it will have on his life. I hope it isn’t something he’s been sat in pain with for ages and I’ve been missing the signs 😭.

So for now it’s just a case of keep a close eye and take things as they come. He’s sleeping all tucked up and tuckered out under my jumper now 🧡 and he’s been eating, drinking and using his litterbox okay, and was as chatty as usual about telling me he needed to/was using/has used said litterbox (legit every time that boy does a poo he will scream at me until I flush it for him) so I guess he’s starting to feel more like his usual precious, pampered self!
Brilliant news! Don't feel bad about not picking up that he might have been in pain, cats are notoriously bad at letting their humans know they're not well.
Give him a kiss/pat/chin tickle for me ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 17
nige totally knew what he was doing 😆

and, laurel? here's laurel thomas nee potts in her first appearance in classic emmerdale. cleaner extraordinaire. currently (Oct 2004) volunteering in africa (to cover for the actor's mat leave)

IMG_20231217_210713.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 10
It was probably all the fire fighter thirsting going on at the MT but I had the sweetest dream last night about my first boyfriend. Haven't seen him in decades and he certainly never looked like a hunky outdoorsy type. I treated him horribly because I was stupid and didn't have good role models for romantic relationships. So, I always think of him with regret and sadness, he was a lovely guy who didn't deserve what I put him through.

Anyway, the dream was set in present day and it was lovely. Hoping that, on some parallel plane, he doesn't hate me.
If you’re capable of this much self-reflection and exploration, then he is too. If he still hates you after this much time has passed, that’s more of a reflection of the man he is now, than it is of the (I assume) young woman you were back then. Not to take away any agency you had back then, but he has just as much agency over his life, resentments and all 🫂

• Heart
Reactions: 18
If you’re capable of this much self-reflection and exploration, then he is too. If he still hates you after this much time has passed, that’s more of a reflection of the man he is now, than it is of the (I assume) young woman you were back then. Not to take away any agency you had back then, but he has just as much agency over his life, resentments and all 🫂
Wise words, thank you @chizontiz. xx

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I’m a pigeon. How are my canal?
---
Oh my cat is good. I’ve been neglecting him recently and having bad dreams. He’s still… a cat. I love him so much but I’m so torn. I will keep this rented place forever. Ex old Harold isn’t great at cats or SBs.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Positively balmy today. Windows open. Big regret over mega duvet. Tunnel dog has no regrets obvs.

Covid going through work but so far I’ve avoided it. No one seems to be really ill which is good.

Hope the animalos and those suffering ailments are feeling ok.

We watched Vigil last night. Apart from being in a hump that thingy from Line of Duty copped it straight away, watching Rose Leslie from GOT and The Good Wife for a good few hours resulted in a lovely evening 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Has anyone had a Royal Mail delivery recently that has the tracking message “Sorry, we're currently unable to confirm the status of your item with reference …… . Please try again tomorrow”? It was a big letter send via special delivery by 1pm on Fri afternoon, so possibly not processed until sat , but I’d have thought it would be in the system by now . I don’t know if I’m just panicking prematurely

• Heart
Reactions: 9

Am also glad ChizCat is back and recovering, and I second what MCMama said; cats are awful for pretending they aren't in pain and all is fine. That or you have a cat like my massive Flump who will do the usual hiding and looking sad when she's ill, but also does the same if something has offended her. The other week I was convinced she was ill because she was cowering under my bedside table all day and ran back under if I picked her up. Eventually figured out she was just upset because her feral sister had been laying on my back all day and that's HER spot.

Brilliant animals.

Mad how it seems to be getting warmer recently, if these short days could just hurry up and bugger off then this time of year would be quite pleasant.

edit: I lost my beautiful daft Ragdoll earlier this year and honestly I cried more than when my wife and I split up in February. She did too, I rang her to tell her as I'd been on the way to visit when I found out and she absolutely broke down, despite having pretended she couldn't stand him when she lived here. My poor boy. One of the worst parts was seeing feralcat grieve, the two of them had always palled around on a night winding up dogs on the street and causing havoc and they'd curl up next to each other to sleep on a night. For nearly two weeks all she did was lay next to me and look dejected. Barely ate, wouldn't purr, wouldn't go outside at all and she's usually so active I'm convinced she has cat ADHD. It was awful. It's amazing how much they can mean to you

Happier (sort of) edit: In more bizarre news, a few weeks ago I decided I'd have a quiet night with a few beers and a joint or two. Just as I was at that state where you're sinking into the sofa, Flump brought what I thought was a mouse in. I got her to drop it and after a fair chase I thought 'that's a really funny looking mouse'. Sure enough it was actually a dwarf hamster. Was absolutely baffled. I can't see a hamster surviving in the wild for long round here so I just assume she stole it from some poor child and the parents were like 'oh what a shame nevermind'. Wee thing was doing loops round my bedroom for a good hour before I managed to direct it into a box after ringing my ex for help but not getting through.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Has anyone had a Royal Mail delivery recently that has the tracking message “Sorry, we're currently unable to confirm the status of your item with reference …… . Please try again tomorrow”? It was a big letter send via special delivery by 1pm on Fri afternoon, so possibly not processed until sat , but I’d have thought it would be in the system by now . I don’t know if I’m just panicking prematurely
Yes, I had one recently. Was in October. The post here is a nightmare, I get letters once a week only. They not processing things in real time so the tracking is not up to date.

Dull bit.
The tracking you see is when someone physically scans the item. You should see receipt into sending depot, scan out, scan into your depot, then scan at your sorting office. If the item wasn't scanned, you see nothing. Or it was scanned but that didn't update the master system. Most likely they missed the scan (pointed device but not accurately enough / barcode is damaged) and it is in transit. The worst case is it has got lost, but unlikely. I'd expect it will turn up today or tomorrow.

I don't know which system RM use anymore - I used to know someone on the IT side so got the comedy updates! When it comes to parcel logistics, the truth is always stranger than fiction.

• Heart
Yes, I had one recently. Was in October. The post here is a nightmare, I get letters once a week only. They not processing things in real time so the tracking is not up to date.

Dull bit.
The tracking you see is when someone physically scans the item. You should see receipt into sending depot, scan out, scan into your depot, then scan at your sorting office. If the item wasn't scanned, you see nothing. Or it was scanned but that didn't update the master system. Most likely they missed the scan (pointed device but not accurately enough / barcode is damaged) and it is in transit. The worst case is it has got lost, but unlikely. I'd expect it will turn up today or tomorrow.

I don't know which system RM use anymore - I used to know someone on the IT side so got the comedy updates! When it comes to parcel logistics, the truth is always stranger than fiction.
Thank you , that’s put my mind at ease a bit and I shall keep my fingers/toes crossed it will come in the next few days . I’ve never seen that msg before so I was jumping straight to worst case senario .

I've just said "I've been mithering* about..." in a meeting with a couple of non-native English speakers and the whole thing got derailed into a English Like It Is Spoke discussion 😁

*pronounced "mithering", obviously.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
BIB for sure. At an old job I once had a meltdown when a package I had next-day couriered from London to, say, Portsmouth turned up in Northern Ireland. From what I can remember, that’s where the RM returns office is? Enjoy that 10/10 tea ninnies x

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Am also glad ChizCat is back and recovering, and I second what MCMama said; cats are awful for pretending they aren't in pain and all is fine. That or you have a cat like my massive Flump who will do the usual hiding and looking sad when she's ill, but also does the same if something has offended her. The other week I was convinced she was ill because she was cowering under my bedside table all day and ran back under if I picked her up. Eventually figured out she was just upset because her feral sister had been laying on my back all day and that's HER spot.

Brilliant animals.

Mad how it seems to be getting warmer recently, if these short days could just hurry up and bugger off then this time of year would be quite pleasant.

edit: I lost my beautiful daft Ragdoll earlier this year and honestly I cried more than when my wife and I split up in February. She did too, I rang her to tell her as I'd been on the way to visit when I found out and she absolutely broke down, despite having pretended she couldn't stand him when she lived here. My poor boy. One of the worst parts was seeing feralcat grieve, the two of them had always palled around on a night winding up dogs on the street and causing havoc and they'd curl up next to each other to sleep on a night. For nearly two weeks all she did was lay next to me and look dejected. Barely ate, wouldn't purr, wouldn't go outside at all and she's usually so active I'm convinced she has cat ADHD. It was awful. It's amazing how much they can mean to you

Happier (sort of) edit: In more bizarre news, a few weeks ago I decided I'd have a quiet night with a few beers and a joint or two. Just as I was at that state where you're sinking into the sofa, Flump brought what I thought was a mouse in. I got her to drop it and after a fair chase I thought 'that's a really funny looking mouse'. Sure enough it was actually a dwarf hamster. Was absolutely baffled. I can't see a hamster surviving in the wild for long round here so I just assume she stole it from some poor child and the parents were like 'oh what a shame nevermind'. Wee thing was doing loops round my bedroom for a good hour before I managed to direct it into a box after ringing my ex for help but not getting through.
I'm so sorry to hear about your Ragdoll, I know how much you loved him. 💔
What will you do with the dwarf hamster? I'd happily take it but hamsters and gerbils are illegal to keep in Australia. I don't think I've ever seen one.

• Heart
  • Wow
My experience of dwarf hamsters is they like to bite you on the finger till they hit bone. Vicious fuckers.

• Wow
  • Heart
Thinking of Laurens made me remember this song.
Has there ever been a been a better collaboration than Aretha Franklin and Lauryn Hill?!

Why have I never even heard this before? 🤯
---
Lots of love to everyone and their pets both with us and not. I’m absolutely mentally exhausted this eve. I couldn’t even remember Tyrone from coronation st’s name before. It’s like winter sucks my brain dry.

Last edited:
  • Heart
If it's any consolation for the winter-affected ninnies it's grey and dull in my part of the UpsideDown as well.
I've found the loveliest relaxation podcast, various people with soothing voices and a modicum of fame describing train rides around Norway and Ireland, Muir Forest and other places of beauty.

1702972715804.png

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.