Food and Drink #45

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@griftalo I'm so sorry, it's horrible to feel unappreciated and disrespected in your own home.

Happy Birthday from Me and My Cat and the Hedgies in the garden and I promise if I knew you IRL, I would buy you a gift with thought that you actually wanted.

That was exactly what I wanted! Thank you. If it will be tolerated send a gentle head kiss from me (or sub acceptable form of affection ❤).
---
Happy birthday, Queen. I am so, so sorry for this inconsiderate tit show. I’d have reacted in a similar way. I don’t have much advice to offer and nothing I can say will make it better, but I’m telling you girl, spite treat yourself. Make yourself feel good; don’t rely on him or anyone else to do it for you - easier said than done but pleasing yourself is *so* worth much more.

if you say anything it’ll just piss you off even more, so go and do something nice for yourself that suits your interests or likes. A facial, an hour in a bookshop and then a drink and a cake somewhere. Hell, even a glass of wine and a cheese plate in a nice bar in town with your book.
you go for it and don’t let your special day be ruined because of someone else’s thoughtlessness.

I’m working away from home this week, and on Saturday, Mr Laz went to the florist for no good reason and spent (I’d say) probably £50 on flowers for me. I’m not back from work until Friday night, and before I left I got loads of his favourite treats in and made some meals for him😐. I was so annoyed about the flowers, I couldn’t even be gracious - I ended up saying “I’m not sure if I should bin these now to save myself doing it when I get back”. I mean, I know that’s horrid but it’s just the lack of thought.

I’ve been dealing with work tit all week so far and all I keep going back to is those bleeping flowers!

big hugs xxxxxxxx
Thank you ❤ I had to spend the day in bed on cocodamol and gabapentin, but I watched a whole series and tried to be grateful I could lie in bed for a bit. I also signed myself up for some perfume and maybe some other things in my slightly impaired state 😬

omg the flowers, I’d be the exact same. It’s meant to be a nice gesture but is just thoughtless enough to actually be really bleeping annoying and a waste of money to make it that bit worse. I hope you can have a reasonable discussion about it when you’re back. Solidarity 🤛🏼
---
Are you feeling a bit better today, @griftalo? I say today because it's afternoon here, no idea what the time is where the griftalo roam.
I slept a long time, so somewhat better thank you ❤ I’m not in pain now. I’m still hurt one of my kids couldn’t even manage the effort of a text never mind a card or present. Sometimes I think about taking the smaller ones and just moving away. One of my cats did nurse duty with me yesterday which I wholly appreciated. He seemed to insist that bum on shoulder, tail across face, especially in mouth area was the best cure. I just let him get on with it 🤣 he does make me feel better even if it was a bit hairy.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Thanks for all the pocket ninnying but you can stand down. The chat has not gone ahead. Can't get hold of the chat-ee. Fingers crossed it can't have been that important.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
It's says it is time for a new thread. Could we big up primula? They are non profit cheese

Reactions: 8
hey, @griftalo hope you're ok now

also, I need to thank you for the mention of apericures 💙

I thought to my cheese loving self, these sound right up my street and I did some investigating

turns out that they were actually available here for a short time, under the guise of laughing cow mini cravings, which I was obsessed with and I have been mourning their discontinuation for some time! so I am so glad I can get them again

thank you!!! 💙

IMG_20231004_174216.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 10
All this soft cheese talk is making me question my vegan-ality ☹ Why are there no tasty alternatives?! Vegan cheese is mostly disgusting. Booooo.

I could cane a tube of Primula like a filthy beast back in my mere vegetarian days 😂😂😂

Also, New thread cheese lovers-

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.