Food and Drink #45

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Baby lizard/chameleon I met in Marrakech many years ago (not my hand)

IMG_7998.jpeg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
Side note. When I tried to access the site I got a blue screen saying it was checking I’m human, I’d take a few seconds.

Five minutes later it was still checking. I’m not saying in human or anything, or I already knew about Susan being catnapped and returned (I’m NOT returning Pooh if he gets in the beam up ray next time) but it struck me as odd. Not much does so thought I’d mention it.

As you were..
I’ve had that a few times, I reported it in the problem forum, but no response

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
Yes! The tabby has, but only for 3 nights because that’s her weird rule she has in her tiny, stripey head.

Will find some really good pics of Rosa Diaz ( hard to photograph as she’s tiny and rapid )and yes, they will be behind a spoiler 😁

Ok found some images and I think I’ve done it right - my biggest apologies if it’s not and I’ll get the mods to sort it!

ETA - thank duck that worked 🤣🤣 I was literally sweating waiting to see if it posted ok!!!
Soooooo cute!!❤

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I’m taking a tattle break as RL is too confusing and upsetting.
I’ll pop in, check out pics.

Last time I took a break I was back in two days! That was before I found you with your cute pets! Which you can all now concentrate on 😉

• Heart
Reactions: 20
It’s my birthday today. My OH and I aren’t speaking, it’s been 2.5 weeks, he always expects me to put in the emotional labour if we disagree (in this instance he was just a knob) and I’m just not anymore, but now we aren’t really talking and the couple of times I have he’s shouted over me which I’m not having, I’d rather have the peace of silence.
He got the kids the same generic card I get every year and a couple of bottles of wine. The same as most birthdays and Mother’s Day but usually there’s some other gift. I have wine aplenty already from a massive online shop where I was hedging my bets on stock issues but everything came so I had tons of wine, and they gave me six extra bottles by mistake. I’m feeling so hurt I’m not worth any effort. I know things have been crap between us but literally no thought has happened here. It was a last minute thought yesterday as I even found the receipt left on the bathroom floor. I’m no contact with nearly everyone in my family so it’s a bit lonely. To top it off I’ve had a migraine, I just about could see to get home after taking myself for birthday coffee alone. Flashing lights set it off -two shops with horrendous lights, and I was stressed from my cat’s death anniversary yesterday. It’s been ten years now but it breaks me every year. I didn’t cry all day yesterday which I thought was good but I just stored up all the tension I guess. Everything is a bit tit. I’ve had loads of pain and rested but I just feel sad. I recently bought him a pixel phone as his broke as an early birthday present and he hasn’t even bothered to switch to the cheaper network which was the whole point. I always plan gifts well in advance
and they just don’t. There’s evidence of the things I like all over our house but my whole personality is apparently just someone who likes wine. Even a book token would’ve been thoughtful. Thanks if you read all this. Going to go and give birthday Chelsea bun cake to my kids now.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 30
It’s my birthday today. My OH and I aren’t speaking, it’s been 2.5 weeks, he always expects me to put in the emotional labour if we disagree (in this instance he was just a knob) and I’m just not anymore, but now we aren’t really talking and the couple of times I have he’s shouted over me which I’m not having, I’d rather have the peace of silence.
He got the kids the same generic card I get every year and a couple of bottles of wine. The same as most birthdays and Mother’s Day but usually there’s some other gift. I have wine aplenty already from a massive online shop where I was hedging my bets on stock issues but everything came so I had tons of wine, and they gave me six extra bottles by mistake. I’m feeling so hurt I’m not worth any effort. I know things have been crap between us but literally no thought has happened here. It was a last minute thought yesterday as I even found the receipt left on the bathroom floor. I’m no contact with nearly everyone in my family so it’s a bit lonely. To top it off I’ve had a migraine, I just about could see to get home after taking myself for birthday coffee alone. Flashing lights set it off -two shops with horrendous lights, and I was stressed from my cat’s death anniversary yesterday. It’s been ten years now but it breaks me every year. I didn’t cry all day yesterday which I thought was good but I just stored up all the tension I guess. Everything is a bit tit. I’ve had loads of pain and rested but I just feel sad. I recently bought him a pixel phone as his broke as an early birthday present and he hasn’t even bothered to switch to the cheaper network which was the whole point. I always plan gifts well in advance
and they just don’t. There’s evidence of the things I like all over our house but my whole personality is apparently just someone who likes wine. Even a book token would’ve been thoughtful. Thanks if you read all this. Going to go and give birthday Chelsea bun cake to my kids now.
I know it's not been the best day, but I am sending you solidarity, love, and happy birthday x

• Heart
dunno how I'm processing this, but I had to tell my dad today that a friend of his from years ago has passed away

I barely use facebook anymore, but I had a message this am from a mutual acquaintance I've not seen for about 15 years, telling me that said man had passed

I mean I remember being a kid and him staying with us, sleeping in the living room and i couldn't go in to watch the telly till he got up

anyway, it just felt so weird being the one to break the news to my dad and not the other way round

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
@griftalo I'm so sorry, it's horrible to feel unappreciated and disrespected in your own home.

Happy Birthday from Me and My Cat and the Hedgies in the garden and I promise if I knew you IRL, I would buy you a gift with thought that you actually wanted.

• Heart
I'm watching PartyGate and I'm not sure why as it's making me sad and angry.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Happy birthday, Queen. I am so, so sorry for this inconsiderate tit show. I’d have reacted in a similar way. I don’t have much advice to offer and nothing I can say will make it better, but I’m telling you girl, spite treat yourself. Make yourself feel good; don’t rely on him or anyone else to do it for you - easier said than done but pleasing yourself is *so* worth much more.

if you say anything it’ll just piss you off even more, so go and do something nice for yourself that suits your interests or likes. A facial, an hour in a bookshop and then a drink and a cake somewhere. Hell, even a glass of wine and a cheese plate in a nice bar in town with your book.
you go for it and don’t let your special day be ruined because of someone else’s thoughtlessness.

I’m working away from home this week, and on Saturday, Mr Laz went to the florist for no good reason and spent (I’d say) probably £50 on flowers for me. I’m not back from work until Friday night, and before I left I got loads of his favourite treats in and made some meals for him😐. I was so annoyed about the flowers, I couldn’t even be gracious - I ended up saying “I’m not sure if I should bin these now to save myself doing it when I get back”. I mean, I know that’s horrid but it’s just the lack of thought.

I’ve been dealing with work tit all week so far and all I keep going back to is those bleeping flowers!

big hugs xxxxxxxx

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
Are you feeling a bit better today, @griftalo? I say today because it's afternoon here, no idea what the time is where the griftalo roam.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Griftalo I'm sorry to read your update. I agree that you should go out and treat yourself, even if you feel a bit low. Anything that you want to do that's gonna give you a little boost.

Then I would say a conversation needs to happen about how that lack of attention made you feel. Chin up chook. Sometimes people get consumed by life and forget about what they have right in front of them. Keep a close eye on what happens after this and even though it's easier said than done, don't let anyone keep treating you poorly.

• Heart
  • Haha
I have a we need to talk scenario happening this afternoon. I've been feeling sick over it since I was asked to clear some time in my diary on Monday. Send positive vibe-os.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I have a we need to talk scenario happening this afternoon. I've been feeling sick over it since I was asked to clear some time in my diary on Monday. Send positive vibe-os.
896B393E-584A-4E06-A490-A3F27B747C82.jpeg

Suki sending you some big paw.
Hope it all goes well ♥

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
Petition to outlaw people saying that more than 5 mins in advance of meeting.
Sending strength vibes

• Heart
Reactions: 12
@Hollaaa Keeping my fingers crossed it is something good rather than scary. You still need to have verbal and written warnings before you are fired don't you?

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.