Food and Drink #44

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I agree with all the fantastic advice above.

Obviously every area of the country is different but where I work there are people (amongst others) who have been referred from the GP because of struggles like it appears you are going through. We are able to provide IT support, basic energy advice, a helping hand (and phone) if they need it for things like benefits etc. Some of them use us and then go on to the library and do things independently, others remain. We do home visits too.

If things really are getting overwhelming, please go to the GP, maybe with a list of all the things that you need to do and are worrying you. Being told you are intelligent enough to solve these things means nothing. Intelligence doesn’t come into it when we are struggling with MH difficulties and it is appalling that you were told that. The GP should be able to refer/signpost you to services that can help in your area, particularly given things like the library and CAB seem so limited.

Keep venting here. We can listen but there is support out there. The energy companies seem horrific but there are places that are designed to help ❤.
I agree @zetta buttons. Things are hard, there's cut-backs everywhere and everything is stretched. However, there ARE still lots of resources available. In my experience, it means having to stitch together a patchwork of services and resources from different places but between the council, the NHS, local churches and charities, it's just about do-able.

Also, plugging into local coffee mornings, food banks, community mental health services is often a good way to learn more about what's on offer.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Pocket ninnies are available 24/7 even if it’s for cat pics and facts (which we love)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
You’ve all been very kind. It’s very hard when living very rurally to access anything when disabled. GP is another problem. A lot of stuff, e.g. non emergency medical care/various outpatients clinics, simply disappeared with covid never to come back.

I don’t have pets to photograph for you lovelies. Though I’ve a pet cricket. Well it’s a wild one that’s around somewhere. Read The Cricket in the Hearth recently and it was considered a good sign! No idea how it got in!!

Thank you for all the 💗 and I adore all the pics on this thread so much!!

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Happy birthday Pooh 🐾🐾🎂🎂🐾🐾

---
Tunnel cat mid-yawn. This was before he went grumpy and loud ❤. God, I miss him.

IMG_3262.jpeg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
It's officially Pooh's birthday now, so here you all go. Fill your boots.
He's now 11 🐾
View attachment 2410215View attachment 2410220View attachment 2410227View attachment 2410230
I can never get over how different he looked compared to as a kitten! WS it a surprise how furry he got or did you know be was MC when you got him?

Sending everyone having a bad time lots of cat purrs, it's not a great time to be trying to access any kind of public services in the UK 😪

• Heart
@becca7721 Wales has a Digital Inclusion programme. There are orgs across the country that can loan out devices, update your skills, provide sims etc.
Lots of stuff online but taking into account your limited access (obvs) try contacting these people for info on finding your nearest support possibility
Screenshot_20230828-164401_Chrome.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 16
You’ve all been very kind. It’s very hard when living very rurally to access anything when disabled. GP is another problem. A lot of stuff, e.g. non emergency medical care/various outpatients clinics, simply disappeared with covid never to come back.

I don’t have pets to photograph for you lovelies. Though I’ve a pet cricket. Well it’s a wild one that’s around somewhere. Read The Cricket in the Hearth recently and it was considered a good sign! No idea how it got in!!

I'm not sure whereabouts you are situated but there are usually programmes such as this (this is Liverpool City Region) who can help you with such things. https://www.liverpoolcityregion-ca.gov.uk/what-we-do/households-into-work/

I'm really sorry things are so difficult for you. If you would like to give me an idea of what region you are in I can look for support for you. Totally understand if not though.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Pooh, have an amazing day. I guess most days are amazing when you are that good looking.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14

Becca, have you reached out to your MP for help? This is exactly the sort of stuff ours (similarly very rural area) loves to get involved with because he can make a real difference (and, with my cynical hat on, it's also good publicity for him if the person allows details to be shared). You can get their email address here: https://members.parliament.uk/members/Commons or phone the House of Commons switchboard on 020 7219 3000 and ask to be put through to their office. If you email, remember to include your address so they know you're a constituent.

• Heart
Becca, have you reached out to your MP for help? This is exactly the sort of stuff ours (similarly very rural area) loves to get involved with because he can make a real difference (and, with my cynical hat on, it's also good publicity for him if the person allows details to be shared). You can get their email address here: https://members.parliament.uk/members/Commons or phone the House of Commons switchboard on 020 7219 3000 and ask to be put through to their office. If you email, remember to include your address so they know you're a constituent.
That's really good advice. MPs have case workers in their offices and having them make a call or write a letter can open up all sorts of doors.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Sorry kids. Lol ETA, a bit fell off. Both adult kids, mums away , coming home Tomorrow so i was checking it was tidy ish...
Screenshot_20230828-185024_WhatsApp.jpg

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
I can never get over how different he looked compared to as a kitten! WS it a surprise how furry he got or did you know be was MC when you got him?

Sending everyone having a bad time lots of cat purrs, it's not a great time to be trying to access any kind of public services in the UK 😪
We already knew. My husband wanted to surprise me with a Maine Coon so he did all the research and even had a phone 'interview' with the breeder to make sure we were the right fit to have one.
We had to sign papers saying if we couldn't care for him properly we had to return him to the breeder, not give him away or sell him to someone else.
They do change a lot within a few months, one day there's a kitten nekminit it's a big, boofy Pooh.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I've never met a Maine Coon in the wild and this evening found myself Googling "Maine Coon sitting with normal sized cat" and the results were wonderful

1693248511941.png

1693248580228.png

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
I've never met a Maine Coon in the wild and this evening found myself Googling "Maine Coon sitting with normal sized cat" and the results were wonderful

View attachment 2410765

View attachment 2410769
If you get a chance go on YouTube for MC content. They're really popular in the US (being a US breed) and there are some fab accounts with big, happy MCs cuddling and playing.
The breed itself almost died out in the early part of the last century which would have been a real shame as they are wonderful companions. I always say Pooh is the glue that keeps me together.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.