Food and Drink #42 Cleopatra, coming atcha

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
mackie lured to squigs's gaff by the scent of bbq when we visited in july 2019

IMG_20230623_185145.jpg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
FF have made a surprise appearance… sorry for non cat chat. This is the extent of my life. Watching festivals with the windows open.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Pics or it didn't happen 🤣 joking obviously but I love when cats have "human"names I just find it so hilarious, listening to neighbours calling out "Peter,Peter where are you?" Etc also why I love little friend Susan @MaineCoonMama
Tunnel cat had a name like Dave (we adopted him when he was 8 so he kept his Dave-like name).

Colin and Dave are better than naming pets after obscure characters from a niche literary tetralogy.

🍉🙄.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Tunnel cat had a name like Dave (we adopted him when he was 8 so he kept his Dave-like name).

Colin and Dave are better than naming pets after obscure characters from a niche literary tetralogy.

🍉🙄.
But how else can I flex my superiority complex for a sense of smug satisfaction?!

(I jest, my animals both have human names)

• Haha
Reactions: 13
That’s a lovely colour, did he find two ginger box dyes?
---

Buttons is a great cat name 🤔
I love buttons! Ages ago a friend had a cat called boxes which I also thought was so cute (and apt, let's be honest)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
When we were discussing content (Laurie) on the Mt and the thing with naming dogs with a 2-syllable name with different vowel sounds I was all “huh?” I kept repeating Tunnel dog’s name to see if the vowel sounds were more different than lau-rie but I still don’t have a clue.

She doesn’t listen to me anyway. She went into a student house today, right into their living room and rolled around getting tummy rubs from a load of squealing students.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
When we were discussing content (Laurie) on the Mt and the thing with naming dogs with a 2-syllable name with different vowel sounds I was all “huh?” I kept repeating Tunnel dog’s name to see if the vowel sounds were more different than lau-rie but I still don’t have a clue.

She doesn’t listen to me anymore. She went into a student house today, right into their living room and rolled around getting tummy rubs from a load of squealing students.
Honestly a highlight of my final year of uni, stressed to the max with studying etc. I lived in halls with strangers (some of whom became friends of course). One evening the mum of one of my flatmates came over with the 3 kittens her cat had had so she could go to dinner with her daughter. Without exaggeration one of the best evenings of my life they came bCk and I left my room just covered in cats. Heaven!!!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
pets with human names are ace! I mean, tilly has a human name, henry did, frank and benny do

and, ofc, there is the gorgeous colin from accounts!

IMG_20230623_194346.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Sorry to interrupt but who do I need to thank for the tip about using powder rather than tablets in my dishwasher? You're a gem, no more half dissolved chunks on the eco cycle and my glasses are sparkling!
Might have been me (might not) but much cheaper than tablets and you can adjust the rinse aid salt etc to match the hard/soft water

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Most of my pets have had human names , with the exception of a goldfish called Sharky.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I knew someone that had a big tom cat called Brian 😂. My girl is called Marjorie 🍰.

I tackled some of my housework today using a guided cleaning session, don't know if anyone's familiar with The Organised Mum Method by Gemma Bray? I signed up to her patreon today, £3/m, she puts out audios each week, that you can clean along with. I did the messy home bootcamp session for the front room today and it really helped! Definitely recommend to frauen that get frazzled with housework. 😊

• Heart
My cousin swears by TOMM, I tried it and it didn't work for me but she loves it.

• Heart
Early Facturday for you all. Calling someone a 'macer' as an insult back in the day used to mean they were a professional cheater.

I learnt that from Assassin's Creed and it reminded me of Jack. duck off you macer!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
🎶 crime busters of the sea🎶

View attachment 2260967

I once had a goldfish named coddy. they were not a deep sea detective, unfortunately
Sharky did indeed have a tank mate called George . Eventually they moved into a pond, alongside their live in cleaner, Simon ( the sucker fish) and for years I believed that they were just hardy goldfish who were going to live forever , but i realise now it’s more likely they were multiple goldfish .

• Haha
  • Heart
Early Facturday for you all. Calling someone a 'macer' as an insult back in the day used to mean they were a professional cheater.

I learnt that from Assassin's Creed and it reminded me of Jack. duck off you macer!
Gypsies use that word! Macer, you macing bastard, I've been maced up etc etc. 😊

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
My oldest brother had a pair of cats called Eric and Rhonda, when they died they were replaced by Simon and Adrienne.
Poor Rhonda, I couldn't take her seriously. (🎶 Help me Rhonda, yeah, get her out of my heart)
I've known cats called Phillip and Des plus one of the posters on the My Cat thread had a Dave (RIP)

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.