Food and Drink #42 Cleopatra, coming atcha

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We have a thread title courtesy of Bubbly D via @MavisBeacon congrats to you both. You win a voucher for Shop4Ducks (not spon) where you can apparently buy lots of Union Jack tat as well as this cursed carnival fellow. Continue all off-the-clock mithering!

20201114_171206_2_1024x1024@2x.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Thank you for the new thread TS! I think this is my favourite title ever, I loved that song.

Question. If a good looking person quote tweets a tweet about Question Time, does it mean a cutie QT’d QT?

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Loving the new title, I don't follow the MT anymore but Jack is on BBC question time now for anyone else who watches..

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 15
Completely veering in with a random topic change-

Has anyone else been watching SpringWatch? Rah it's bloody brutal this year. duck that Jay.

Cute baby foxies though.

• Wow
  • Sad
Loving the new title, I don't follow the MT anymore but Jack is on BBC question time now for anyone else who watches..
yeah, we have survived this. it was, as someone once said, "terrible"

IMG_20230602_015007.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Actual photo of me after the iPlayer QT, the GBeebies and BBC Schofe bomb, then fecking actual broadcast QT appearing uninvited on my telly NOT AGAIN MONROE, NOT TODAY

• Haha
I'm doing a Factur-Catur-Friday because it's too interesting to wait until tomorrow.

Did you know that cats played an important role during the Black Plague? In the highly superstitious cultural climate of Medieval Europe, cats were deeply feared by Catholics and were thus killed in massive numbers. The killing of cats led to a huge spike in the rat population which spread the plague like wildfire. It eventually became evident that those few who remained loyal to cats were not falling ill to the plague—because the cats were exterminating the rats that carried the illness! As communities welcomed the propagation of cats again, the rat population declined and the plague lost its vigor. Good job, community cats.

Also they killed the cats because they were associated with wise women (aka witches) and the Catholic Church didn't want anyone else, especially women, to hold any knowledge or be seen as the people to turn to when you were in need of healing etc.

The women knew that to avoid disease, you had to keep a clean house - so they had brooms to sweep with and cats to catch vermin.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
I have a fact learned yesterday, until yesterday when it was standardised to the rest of the world Koreans had 3 different birthdays!

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Because Michelin stars,fashion and gourmet food has completely passed me by can I just say that microwaved mint KitKat is divine, microwaving it for 1.5 mins, with a brief stop as 45 secs to move the fingers on the plate results in amazing chocolatey goodness.

• Haha
  • Heart
I have a fact learned yesterday, until yesterday when it was standardised to the rest of the world Koreans had 3 different birthdays!
and now the change has been brought in, some people are 2 years younger!

• Wow
I have Covid, you guys. I've managed to dodge it all this time. but here I am and no sir, I don't like it.
Send blankets , paracetamol and hot tea by the gallon-o.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 34
I have Covid, you guys. I've managed to dodge it all this time. but here I am and no sir, I don't like it.
Hope it's a mild one and you feel better soon.

I saw some embarrassing trousers on Twitter today.
Screenshot_20230602_135719_Twitter.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Oh no you're having the worst luck! I hope it doesn't last long.

---
Hope it's a mild one and you feel better soon.

I saw some embarrassing trousers on Twitter today.
View attachment 2212522
I love The Lark Ascending. It's one of my absolute favourites.

Great music, TERRIBLE trousers.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.