Food and Drink #42 Cleopatra, coming atcha

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@emm, wow didn’t know that re tortoiseshells. one randomly strolled into my house one day, no collar, merrily helped herself to some roast chicken on the kitchen counter top, gave me a look, allowed me to scratch her neck and never left. Despite thorough attempts I couldn’t locate her owner and the RSPCA had no reports of her being missed despite her very particular markings. She must have had an owner because she was desexed and had been stitched up from an injury at some point. She was like a spaniel, totally smoochy, would greet me by the door when I got in, sleep round my head and had a special habit of walking over marked essays with grubby paws, leaving light paw marks on GCSE coursework… oops! She was a delight.

Didn’t know they have a reputation as standoffish …. I love cats but have mostly had dogs so am not that knowledgeable. WowI do feel honoured to have lIved with a smoochy tortoiseshell.

There was an awful cat fight on my drive the other morning, a cat I didn’t recognise has upset the large regal ginger boy who belongs to existing neighbour ( he happily snoozes the day away in my fruit tree garden where my dogs are not allowed and are fenced off from) . There was fur everywhere, how long does it take for them to ‘agree’ territory? Was a terrifying sound and so upsetting to see the end of. Ginger’s Mum is elderly and I‘m in two minds about telling her as she’s had some health issues, I’m picking there is little she could do even if she knew? Conundrum …
What a lovely thing to happen 😍 she lives with my parents now and has mellowed in her old age but basically hates most people still 😅 my 2 black cats are like.chalk and cheese. Girl is quite quiet and not friendly to most people with a really loud purr and very independent. Little boy is (sometimes overly) vocal with a very quiet purr and veryyyy needy and friendly to everyone (luckily as it means that she tolerates him 😅)

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Happy Friday loves! Last day of my contract 😃😃😃 It has been so lovely. I have had a dream editor and we got great final notes back yesterday from the senior VP of programming.

Feeling very chuffed with myself as this is the first edit I've done since that nightmare one last year that made me have a breakdown. It's nice to have confirmation that you're good at what you do!

Am feeling like an admin dolt though as I thought we were getting paid today. Not until Friday 30th 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I always find it interesting how cats colourings have such an impact, not just on male/female but their personalities. I had never heard of jt until I took my tortoiseshell cat to the vet and I was explaining how she was quite shy but also quite moody/standoffish and the vet said "ah yes typical tortoiseshell" 😅 apparently black cats are the most genetically strong and least likely to get ill which is why, despite being feared across history and all of the superstitions about them, they haven't died out (lucky for me as I really don't have money for loads of vet bills 😅)
Yes! Can confirm we also had a vet say this to us about tortoiseshells. “Naughty Torties” apparently. And black cats are very people oriented usually.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
We've had a few gorgeous cats wandering into our garden lately, always lovely to see them. Our own fabulous feline overlord died a couple of years ago 😭😭💔🐾 and we sadly (but for the best, for us) decided not to get another cat. The heartbreak was just too much to bear. So now I enjoy cat visitors, and hearing about other people's gorgeous moggies.
Going to have falafels and rice later, yum. Not had much appetite in these hot sticky days. Have a lovely weekend. 😊☀

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I keep seeing lineups for festivals atm and realise I know about 2/3 acts out of he 100s there. Makes me feel so old
We are watching Texas on iplayer now. It’s been 24 years since they last played At Glastonbury and I feel ancient.

• Heart
I keep seeing lineups for festivals atm and realise I know about 2/3 acts out of he 100s there. Makes me feel so old
What, even on the Rewind line ups ? 😉
IMG_2334.jpeg
IMG_2333.jpeg

I currently have my annual Glastonbury envy/fomo. You’d think being able to watch the coverage on the bbc would ease it but nope.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Mr Duck wants to go to Weyfest this year , and although the line up is reasonable, the whole festival sounds so unbelievably up it’s self and pretentious that I don’t know if I can bring myself to go .
IMG_2335.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 12
If money, time, tunnel dog and travel weren’t an issue, we would want to go to the Wilderness festival.

IMG_3088.jpeg

• Heart
aw, orange cats can be so lovely, like poor buttered jorts. I like the internet theory that they all share one brain cell

also, it's reminded me that pachoochoo and step mum's cat squiggles (squigs for short) has an orange nemesis up the road, who goes by the name of mackie! very apt, no?

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Mr Duck wants to go to Weyfest this year , and although the line up is reasonable, the whole festival sounds so unbelievably up it’s self and pretentious that I don’t know if I can bring myself to go .
View attachment 2260608
Get yourselves to Shiiine On instead. The accommodation and having to fighting off seagulls kicks any pretension into the sea. Also the Facebook group is up there with Slow Cooked Wonders for drive-by entertainment.

• Haha
Sorry to interrupt but who do I need to thank for the tip about using powder rather than tablets in my dishwasher? You're a gem, no more half dissolved chunks on the eco cycle and my glasses are sparkling!

• Heart
  • Wow
aw, orange cats can be so lovely, like poor buttered jorts. I like the internet theory that they all share one brain cell

also, it's reminded me that pachoochoo and step mum's cat squiggles (squigs for short) has an orange nemesis up the road, who goes by the name of mackie! very apt, no?
there is a hulking great tom cat, who marauds a friend's home village and bullies all the other cats, called Dave, which deeply amuses me whenever I think about it. DAVE THE CAT

• Haha
  • Heart

We need pics, Chooey

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.