Food and Drink #39

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was a teen in 93 but found my own style from 94 onwards I’d say. That mostly meant shopping in Virginia Galleries (RIP) in Glasgow which was basically about 5 floors of tiny vintage clothes shops. I was lucky enough that my parents were open minded and supportive enough to fund this, and the gig tickets.
Velvet blazers, DM’s, 60s dresses or mini-kilts and kids T-shirts.
Nowadays, I’m a 43 year old and still wearing 60s style, still wearing velvet blazers, occasional vintage pieces or clothes that’s cut/styled to a 60s look with a slight mod cut/look.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Cutesy little girl hair clips in my 20s - there was one that had a tiny dog on it, itself wearing a hair bow.

imagine if the tiny hairbow on the plastic dog had an invisible-to-the-human-eye dog with a hairbow on it. Makes you think.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
I just remembered the fad for eyebrow piercings among boys when I was in Sixth Form. I personally thought it looked hot on some guys.

Funnily enough the school weren't keen, and made people cover them up with plasters. Which didn't look quite so hot.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I just remembered the fad for eyebrow piercings among boys when I was in Sixth Form. I personally thought it looked hot on some guys.

Funnily enough the school weren't keen, and made people cover them up with plasters. Which didn't look quite so hot.
God, teenagers are crazy!

The teenagers I know, I just agree with all their ideas, "that is a terrific idea", "I think that sounds great", "I love your hair", "Yes, I do think that being a YouTuber would be fun" and "do you want to roll down this hill?". The former wannabe YouTuber is now finishing her teaching degree, and nothing I said or didn't say has anything to do with that,
so, honestly, let's just adore the ones we know.

May I take this opportunity to tell you that I was wobbling a bit on the approach to a low/depression state, and am so relieved I have the tools to recognise and plan.

One part of the plan was to call my friends, two dads and a 9 year old, and say I need to be invited to dinner, please. Thus I spent Monday evening drawing mandalas and colouring in with Miss 9, while chatting to her and the dads. We ate delicious spaghetti bolognese. I'm pleased my brain went along with the proactive plan: it was a bit iffy at 5pm yesterday! And I had a hug. Awwwwww. I'm corny. Sorry

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Laz, I have the Bed Folk relaxed cotton bundles in Moss (fave colour and such a good neutral) and White and they are LUSH. May have also just bought the Navy 😬. We have a super king bed but have single duvet sets. Not as aesthetically pleasing but a game changer for sleeping better, especially if your partner is a duvet hogger.

I say treat yourself to the BF ones 🥰
Linen bedclothes are a weakness. @Lazarus have a look at bedthreads too. They do a bundle deal which was still expensive enough to make me do a sharp intake but let me mix and match colours and sizes. I have a standard double bed, so got sheets for that, but like a king size duvet, so got that cover. Cover and two cases in petrol, two cases, flat and fitted sheets in pinstripe (which is slightly rougher because of the way it’s manufactured, but I love it: it’s like being tucked in by an excellent nanna, even though my nanna had nylon sheets, but it’s an emotional thing).

I’ll say that I probably won’t get another linen duvet cover, I’ll stick to normal cotton. Sheets though? I sleep between a fitted and a flat and it’s linen all the way. La Redoute also do range of linen bedding in good colours and have frequent sales.

• Heart
cross posting from the taylor thread, idc

my first ever taylor merch came today! now, I bought it late at night and the only sizes available were s or 4xl, but I had to treat myself, I know you all understand!

It's gonna be really comfy 🖤

20230328_192558.jpg

the stars are confetti that come in the package!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
I've just ordered the whole Iceland / Twisted range to be delivered tomorrow :eek:
I need food, the freezer is empty, and I am incredibly lazy. I'm trying to decide what to have for lunch tomorrow and thinking the chicken tikka lasagne.

• Haha
I feel like I'm missing out on top notch bedsheets, is linen really much better than plain old cotton? In the middle of decorating my bedroom at the mo and could get some new bedding to coordinate 🤔

Reactions: 11
Hi ninnies, I feel terrible barging in on this thread when I haven't been keeping up with it but I
I feel like I'm missing out on top notch bedsheets, is linen really much better than plain old cotton? In the middle of decorating my bedroom at the mo and could get some new bedding to coordinate 🤔
I'm not a linen fan. Relaxed cotton on the other hand...

• Haha
The nicest stuff I've come across working in the laundry is Mitre Linen's Savoy collection. It's beautifully soft.

The only linen sets we look after are made in Denmark, but I'm not sure where they're from, my boss is the only person allowed to process them, so they're probably hideously expensive!!

Linen bedclothes are a weakness. @Lazarus have a look at bedthreads too. They do a bundle deal which was still expensive enough to make me do a sharp intake but let me mix and match colours and sizes. I have a standard double bed, so got sheets for that, but like a king size duvet, so got that cover. Cover and two cases in petrol, two cases, flat and fitted sheets in pinstripe (which is slightly rougher because of the way it’s manufactured, but I love it: it’s like being tucked in by an excellent nanna, even though my nanna had nylon sheets, but it’s an emotional thing).

I’ll say that I probably won’t get another linen duvet cover, I’ll stick to normal cotton. Sheets though? I sleep between a fitted and a flat and it’s linen all the way. La Redoute also do range of linen bedding in good colours and have frequent sales.
I’ve always slept between a flat and fitted sheet too, usually with a duvet on top but because of the flushes (IM 43 FFS, CANT MOTHER NATURE LET ME BREATHE?) I have little need for the duvet at the moment. I don’t think I could cope with ironing a linen duvet cover 😏 it would drive me potty. At least with the sheets they don’t really need ironed.
the duvet cover with matching pillowcases I like is from Bedeck and I think the contrasting linen will be nice with it. I’ve ordered a few colour swatches from Piglet in Bed before settling on a colour, but now one of my sisters AND @Brian Butterfield have said about relaxed cotton and I’m distracted on that.

Also looking for cushions for our new sofas which is another minefield, and really annoying as Mr Laz *hates* feather cushions and all the ones I really like don’t have a non-feather alternative meaning we’d need to buy the cushion with the feather inner and get rid of it to end up buying a non-feather one. It’s all first world probs round my way atm.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Not tried relaxed cotton but the name’s a winner. @Nottonightbabe linen seems more comforting than fancy, like I’m being looked after. It gives me the feeling it’ll be around forever and I’ll not stick a foot through it. I don’t iron it though, which fair doos might make some twitch, but it’s my bedroom, and there’s usually an old spaniel on it by morning, arthritis permitting.

Laz, I’ve a pair of Piglet in Bed pyjamas I bought when they were on big time sale. Worst pjs ever. The waistband was so tight, even though I ordered a generous size for me because I like them baggy. Like a fool I didn’t return them but unpicked the waistband, removed the elastic, replaced it with a long bootlace for a drawstring and resewed the waistband as narrow as possible because originally they cut right up the unrulies. Felt so proud before realising the drawstring was on the inside. Only then I noticed the side seam was coming undone. When I sleep in them they bunch up roughly and are just a pain in the backside, but at least not in the labs anymore. Avoid.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
I used to cycle round on a Barbie pink bike in men's tweed jackets, patchwork skirts and my trusty DMs. Well till I got my skirt stuck in the bike chain and fell off and tore my skirt. In retrospect ankle length button through skirts with splits halfway up each thigh are not analogous to lycra cycle wear and I'm lucky I didn't fall in the canal that made up most of the green ring road

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
Aurora Australis (Southern Lights) seen in New Zealand. They show up in Tasmania sometimes as well. I love Mr Zheng's quote.
78441050-260B-4616-BC77-E0699BC8ACB1.png

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
Lads I cannot recommend the cheeseburger kebab thingies from Iceland. I'm not the fussiest Frau but nah. NAH. I have one left that I will eat tomorrow but only because the pack was £6 and I'm not a wastrel. Save your money 😂

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Lads I cannot recommend the cheeseburger kebab thingies from Iceland. I'm not the fussiest Frau but nah. NAH. I have one left that I will eat tomorrow but only because the pack was £6 and I'm not a wastrel. Save your money 😂
Oh no! I had the chicken tikka lasagne. It's ok - topped with cheese sauce and spicy potatoes. I need to get a French stick and some cream cheese so I can have the foot long pigs in blankets.

I have very wide ranging standards for food (anything from a dirty donner to Michelin guide restaurants) so maybe the cheese burger will hit the spot on a bad day.

I am still trying to get fitter for the 100 mile ride I signed up for. A drop of adult grape juice had been taken. Managed a 101km effort at the weekend, so just need to find 1.6 times the effort! This week is the first time I've felt I might finish it. Only 2 months to go - will be touch and go to get there....

• Heart
Reactions: 15

Iceland have Chicago town 'cheeseburger' pizzas* that are so tasty, I'll recommend them to salve your cheeseburger kebab disappointment. :LOL:

*They're vegan, but meat eating OH scoffs them down pretty sharpish, he endorses on omnivore's behalf.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.