Food and Drink #38

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
šŸ‰
Too short. Whats our password?
---

Ah I loved him (the real one). There was a heartbreaking story in The Guardian about him a couple of years ago.
---
@EddieBeds how are you doing today?
Ok-ish.
Mr Beds went to the appointment and came out looking quite shocked and said the Dr had said about for him to return home the right conditions need to be in place.

Heā€™s adamant he needs a diagnostic review and saying I lied to the Dr at the previous appointment and that he hasnā€™t done XYZ behaviour or anything to endanger the children (his parents are colluding with this). Today Iā€™ve been told the Dr said something completely different about him coming back home and heā€™s claiming itā€™s just relationship issues. Itā€™s so obvious heā€™s lying and spinning tales. I get heā€™s ill and itā€™s easier to make me the villain but itā€™s still hurtful. It also feels like itā€™s verging on gas lighting? It was like dealing with a child having a tantrum when I reinforced boundaries and he didnā€™t like it.

The only analogy I can think of and I sincerely apologise if this isnā€™t right or causes any offence (not my intention) is that itā€™s like listening to somebody who is addicted/dependent who wonā€™t take accountability for their actions - heā€™s just blaming anything or anyone else. Though I appreciate while heā€™s ill and in the middle of this mania he wonā€™t recognise what he is doing or be able to be accountable for his behaviour.

He also vaguely threatened me that it ā€˜will get difficultā€™ as he can just come home whenever he wants. He is so unrecognisable from who he is ordinarily itā€™s scary. And Iā€™m also genuinely concerned he might just show up now (Iā€™ve double locked everything so he shouldnā€™t be able to get in/make sure weā€™re safe) and do something stupid as heā€™s so unpredictable.

I just hope the mania breaks soon so he can engage with the relevant professionals to get the right things in place for recovery short and long term. Sorry for being a revolving door of doom and gloom.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 33
@EddieBeds please don't apologise I'm sure venting here is good for the soul. Can you get help from social services so him returning home is flagged up as a risk. I'm not really sure how to put this but am thinking a panic alarm or just local police station being aware any disturbance at yours is a priority call.
I think I would need to keep repeating to myself that part of his diagnosis is impaired judgement.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Eddiebeds, I do hope that he comes out of it soon, this must be so hard for you all. Thinking of you xx

received_1322801561902181.jpeg

She stopped there to ask for a final decision on cowl or scarf - I'm going with a cowl. It comes up well over her ears when she showed me both options and I shall be toasty in the winter winds from now on.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Financed up to the hilt mainly. Credit card debt and loans. Both myself and my husband have decent salaries, a small mortgage. We are doing ok financially but weā€™re not able to afford lots of holidays and a posh car. We have no loans or financed items, we just live off our salaries. Yet I see people up and down our street with expensive cars and lots of holidays etc. I know they donā€™t earn as much as we do (this is not meant to be a braggy postā€¦ I live in social housing (shared ownership home) so I know the situations of most of my neighbours.) so Iā€™ve come to the conclusion that most of it is bought on credit cards or finance.
It's a hard thought process for me; I don't want to feel jealous nor validate myself by assuming negative things about others, by which I mean, thinking they've taken debt on. I'm a single woman, my money and time has to do a lot of work. I find it "challenging". I've had to learn to love the freedom and pride that gives me. Recent large car and vet (bloody pony!) bills have me feeling a bit tense (actually reeling, but still fine.) The last year of big flood/life replacements is 5 years away from being amortised (it's cost me so much in funds and heart.) Yet here I am, glad to say it loud and no point other than šŸ˜¬ and šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø and šŸ˜½

It's not over until we say it's over! X

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Iā€™m absolutely tit with money. Have two credit cards Iā€™m paying off with about 5k combined on them. I spend too much in waitrose. I donā€™t meal plan. I have to have what I fancy on the day. I think I have really bad problems with executive function.
Same, I used to be really careful with money, when I lived with my parents so I saved a lot and ended up (with shared ownership and also family help) being able to buy a flat. Weirdly now I do need to be careful with money as I live alone on a not great income I am really careless. I think also since the pandemic it is worse

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Ok-ish.
Mr Beds went to the appointment and came out looking quite shocked and said the Dr had said about for him to return home the right conditions need to be in place.

Heā€™s adamant he needs a diagnostic review and saying I lied to the Dr at the previous appointment and that he hasnā€™t done XYZ behaviour or anything to endanger the children (his parents are colluding with this). Today Iā€™ve been told the Dr said something completely different about him coming back home and heā€™s claiming itā€™s just relationship issues. Itā€™s so obvious heā€™s lying and spinning tales. I get heā€™s ill and itā€™s easier to make me the villain but itā€™s still hurtful. It also feels like itā€™s verging on gas lighting? It was like dealing with a child having a tantrum when I reinforced boundaries and he didnā€™t like it.

The only analogy I can think of and I sincerely apologise if this isnā€™t right or causes any offence (not my intention) is that itā€™s like listening to somebody who is addicted/dependent who wonā€™t take accountability for their actions - heā€™s just blaming anything or anyone else. Though I appreciate while heā€™s ill and in the middle of this mania he wonā€™t recognise what he is doing or be able to be accountable for his behaviour.

He also vaguely threatened me that it ā€˜will get difficultā€™ as he can just come home whenever he wants. He is so unrecognisable from who he is ordinarily itā€™s scary. And Iā€™m also genuinely concerned he might just show up now (Iā€™ve double locked everything so he shouldnā€™t be able to get in/make sure weā€™re safe) and do something stupid as heā€™s so unpredictable.

I just hope the mania breaks soon so he can engage with the relevant professionals to get the right things in place for recovery short and long term. Sorry for being a revolving door of doom and gloom.
I have nothing useful to add, but ugh Iā€™m thinking of you, and sending so much love and strength xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 18
@EddieBeds I don't have any helpful words of wisdom in this difficult situation as all my experience is being on the other side of it but I hope both you and Mr Beds get the help and support you need ā¤

Hotes you asked if there's ever a time when Sideboard Cat doesn't look affronted - the answer is a resounding no.

affronted catto.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 32
@EddieBeds I don't have any helpful words of wisdom in this difficult situation as all my experience is being on the other side of it but I hope both you and Mr Beds get the help and support you need ā¤

Hotes you asked if there's ever a time when Sideboard Cat doesn't look affronted - the answer is a resounding no.

View attachment 1984713
Imagine my surprise at seeing Sideboard Catā€™s little face peeping out, looking like sheā€™s just smelled a lingering honk. Then I went on to read what you wrote šŸŽ© chapea, le chat noir et la sideboard traumisee

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Friday night cat. She's had a tough week so ready for a good documentary while sat on my lap.

IMG_20230224_200015.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Cocaine rabbit, just shags 24/7 but never cums.
Oh god. This just made my mind hurtle back to about 2004, and not in a good way.
Canā€™t remember what was worse, cocaine rabbit or ket rabbit. Both totally tit, in different yet similarly pointless ways. (edit - by rabbit I mean boyfriend, the other stuff always seemed like such a good idea at the time, but never actually was.)
Makes me almost glad my Friday nights these days are largely spent cleaning/washing up, then going to bed early and getting sat heavily on by cats.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
@EddieBeds please don't apologise I'm sure venting here is good for the soul. Can you get help from social services so him returning home is flagged up as a risk. I'm not really sure how to put this but am thinking a panic alarm or just local police station being aware any disturbance at yours is a priority call.
I think I would need to keep repeating to myself that part of his diagnosis is impaired judgement.
Thank you and yes trying to link up with Early Help as a starting point but might have to go via safeguarding team if it continues.

I saw these on Insta and thought of you lovely supporting ninnies.

ETA: The first link wonā€™t work - it was someone making a rat dance to Lizzo, very cute I promise.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Thank you and yes trying to link up with Early Help as a starting point but might have to go via safeguarding team if it continues.

I saw these on Insta and thought of you lovely supporting ninnies.

ETA: The first link wonā€™t work - it was someone making a rat dance to Lizzo, very cute I promise.
Wishing you luck lovely ā¤

That song really is such a cat anthem, itā€™s all true!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
We were talking about Radio 2 on the Celeb Gossip thread, (justice for Ken Bruce āœŠšŸ»), but this feels like a safe place to share. Sometimes, Iā€™ll be going about my life, and my brain suddenly sings,

šŸŽ¶
ā€œSOOUUNDS OF THE SEVENTIES! With Johnie Walker! BBC Radio Twoooā€

Does anyone else get things like that?

• Haha
Reactions: 13
We were talking about Radio 2 on the Celeb Gossip thread, (justice for Ken Bruce āœŠšŸ»), but this feels like a safe place to share. Sometimes, Iā€™ll be going about my life, and my brain suddenly sings,

šŸŽ¶
ā€œSOOUUNDS OF THE SEVENTIES! With Johnie Walker! BBC Radio Twoooā€

Does anyone else get things like that?
No but Iā€™m getting ā€œGary Davies on your radioā€ and ā€œDave Lee Travis - so run and tell your mummyā€ so thanks for that. The Yewtree lads really had the evidence just resting in the BBC didnā€™t they?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.