Food and Drink #38

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
JD Sports is 100% likely to be the nickname of a lad who robs trainers to order
I know that NOW but didn't THEN! I'd like to pretend it was when I was new to the city but I was over 30..

I remember when I first used to go for an (underage) drink in the village and you would have random people asking if you wanted to buy bacon, batteries or cheese.

Love how you had to explain the 110s.

OMG just googled NFC ring. WTF. Like something from Tomorrows World.
I knew the Scouse Fraus would know 110s but I don't think it is a phrase that travels well!

Yes, the ring of power was a great purchase. Got it in April 20 when we were all nervous about touching things, and taking covid back home from the supermarket. So now if you see round South Liverpool a scruffy female, wearing Nike trabs or cycling gear, paying by ring, you've spotted me in the wild ;)

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
I remember when I first used to go for an (underage) drink in the village and you would have random people asking if you wanted to buy bacon, batteries or cheese.

Love how you had to explain the 110s.

OMG just googled NFC ring. WTF. Like something from Tomorrows World.
We had a bloke on Tuesdays who was nicknamed Tony Slattery

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
I know that NOW but didn't THEN! I'd like to pretend it was when I was new to the city but I was over 30..

I knew the Scouse Fraus would know 110s but I don't think it is a phrase that travels well!

Yes, the ring of power was a great purchase. Got it in April 20 when we were all nervous about touching things, and taking covid back home from the supermarket. So now if you see round South Liverpool a scruffy female, wearing Nike trabs or cycling gear, paying by ring, you've spotted me in the wild ;)
🍉
Too short. Whats our password?
---
We had a bloke on Tuesdays who was nicknamed Tony Slattery
Ah I loved him (the real one). There was a heartbreaking story in The Guardian about him a couple of years ago.
---
@EddieBeds how are you doing today?

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
I'm going to see Cocaine Bear on Monday 🍉
I really want to see that! They used the same idea in an episode of NCIS recently , but obviously a lot less graphic then Cocaine bear looks 😂

( can’t wait for the sequel either, cocaine panda 😉

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
I was boggled when I realised that almost everyone with a nice car got it on PCP or through work (though that's much less common now, obv). I just always paid cash and drove bangers.
Same. I think we might be on our final year together so am coppering up and checking the sofa cushions.

Could also be dealing Cheetham Hill goods. The scouse economy is super complex, also a place where someone would spend on a real montcler (sp?) coat for £600 and just not eat or pay bills/rent.
I had my first two ‘rona jabs at Cheetham Hill 🍉. The little cards they gave me look genuine, the jabs come up on the NHS app, and the nurse (“nurse”?) even gave me a sticker, but who knows?

• Haha
Cocaine rabbit, just shags 24/7 but never cums.
---
Cocaine Shark, starves to death because it has ground its teeth to stumps (also isn't v hungry right now).
---
Cocaine Parrot, won't shut the duck up.
---
Cocaine Bonobo - all of the above.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Cocaine rabbit, just shags 24/7 but never cums.
---
Cocaine Shark, starves to death because it has ground its teeth to stumps (also isn't v hungry right now).
---
Cocaine Parrot, won't shut the duck up.
The collective noun is a Jack.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I'm in a lot of debt and have been since I was 18 and my student bank account gave me a credit card and an overdraft. It's been the bane of my life ever since and I'm now 41. It's currently well over £22k. I don't even check the amount anymore as it distresses me too much to think about it. I have big monthly repayments set up but as I continue to spend on credit cards the total amount rarely decreases.

I'm just shite with money and an impulsive spender. I don't spend on myself but on my children. Can't wait for payday tomorrow. I earn a good salary as does my husband but I can never seem to make any headway. And the last week of the month is always agony.

It scares me how easy it is to get into debt up to your eyeballs. We bought a house recently and the bank were offering to lend us up to £600k. Even with my debts. Luckily my husband is captain sensible. I'd be bankrupt many times over if it wasn't for him.

Um. Thanks for letting me unburden myself.
Sounds exactly like me and my inability to be sensible with my money. I’m over 50 now and am determined to sort it out. My husband is very good with his money.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I love how the film is based on a true story, in that there was a bear, there was some cocaine, the bear did get hold of the cocaine. What happened in between isn't really known.

• Haha
  • Wow
I love how the film is based on a true story, in that there was a bear, there was some cocaine, the bear did get hold of the cocaine. What happened in between isn't really known.
Maybe it is, but they just don't speak of it.

• Haha
That anteater missed out on the perfect role.
That sneaky bear and his cocaine pic-a-nic basket..

• Haha
Reactions: 11
The bear has its own ( pretty funny ) twitter account 😂
BB02BA92-2312-4545-AEDD-A3671E2EA71F.jpeg

( I know the real one lives in Kentucky Fun Mall , but I choose to believe Twitter bear is the “ real” one !)

• Haha
  • Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.