Food and Drink #38

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
No but I’m getting “Gary Davies on your radio” and “Dave Lee Travis - so run and tell your mummy” so thanks for that. The Yewtree lads really had the evidence just resting in the BBC didn’t they%.
Oh yikes. I didn’t know about those jingles, but the DLT one in particular is really dodgy.

Reactions: 9
MCM are you recovered from your funny episode/mega snooze? Had Dr Pooh finished his shift?

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I hope so ❤ He’s always “ooh Gary Davies“ to me, he’s still with the Beeb, and I’ve never heard anything bad about him.
He was on breakfast telly last week. Look! I said to Oh Aitch. Who’s that? he asked. It’s Oo Gary Davies! I replied. Blimey, so it is! he reply-replied. (Our chemistry, frauen, eh.) He looks older and has had a haircut. Far nicer. Was talking animatedly about something, not sure what, I arrived at the end. Seemed something he was passionate about and yet there wasn’t a sniff of Smashey or Nicey in his manner. Seemed alright.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Apparently Steve Wright in the afternoon isn’t a very nice person. I vaguely knew his cousin Doreen.

• Wow
Reactions: 14
MCM are you recovered from your funny episode/mega snooze? Had Dr Pooh finished his shift?
I feel much better now, thank Hotesy. I must be better as Pooh has gone back to sleeping on the couch instead of on my head.

I did get a fright last night, our friend popped over and as we were sitting there chatting I noticed a spider just chilling on his forearm. I nearly died, it didn't phase him in the slightest.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
We were talking about Radio 2 on the Celeb Gossip thread, (justice for Ken Bruce ✊🏻), but this feels like a safe place to share. Sometimes, I’ll be going about my life, and my brain suddenly sings,

🎶
“SOOUUNDS OF THE SEVENTIES! With Johnie Walker! BBC Radio Twooo”

Does anyone else get things like that?
I am old, I listen to radio 4 on occasion, but I don’t feel old enough to listen to radio 2

• Haha
I am old, I listen to radio 4 on occasion, but I don’t feel old enough to listen to radio 2
Although there are programmes I do like on radio 4 my mum always ysed to listen to it on Sundays when I was a child so I sort of hate it, it reminds me of Sunday evenings and dreading going to school the next day 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Been to Wales this morning. Cycled there, train home. Which reminded me of a Facturday to share. It is quite niche. Ok, very niche.
Football stadiums have the main stand with directors boxes facing east so the sun set isn't in their eyes during the traditional 3pm kick off. Only Chester has theirs facing west - the stadium straddles the border, this means the directors are in England.

IMG20230225110750.jpg

Burton marshes. I like to think of the sheep as border security - I'm in England here, but the end of the boardwalk is Wales.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
Been to Wales this morning. Cycled there, train home. Which reminded me of a Facturday to share. It is quite niche. Ok, very niche.
Football stadiums have the main stand with directors boxes facing east so the sun set isn't in their eyes during the traditional 3pm kick off. Only Chester has theirs facing west - the stadium straddles the border, this means the directors are in England.

View attachment 1986432

Burton marshes. I like to think of the sheep as border security - I'm in England here, but the end of the boardwalk is Wales.
Has anyone made you walk up Moel Famau yet? I think it’s a condition of being Scouse.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Has anyone made you walk up Moel Famau yet? I think it’s a condition of being Scouse.
Never walked it. Have run it and cycled it though! Long time ago since I did it. Perhaps this year is time for a trip there and one round Delamere. Mix it up a bit!

I actually used my egg rings for eggs the other day, first time ever. Made us all fake Mcds brekkies 😋
Sounds amazing - I keep meaning to try these, as there are so many people doing varieties of them. All the healthy versions look tasty as well.

• Heart
I walked to the beach and back with the dogs - definitely pretty much mended now :) I've got a GP review on Tuesday morning, I'm hoping she'll give me the okay to start going to the gym and lifting again. It's funny, it's only now that everything's being sorted out, like cholesterol, iron levels, Vitamin D levels and so on, that I've realised how rubbish I've been feeling for the past couple of years - just exhausted all the time. Whereas now, even though I don't have the strength and stamina back yet that I had before, I've got a load more energy. That crushing feeling of being permanently knackered has gone.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Although there are programmes I do like on radio 4 my mum always ysed to listen to it on Sundays when I was a child so I sort of hate it, it reminds me of Sunday evenings and dreading going to school the next day 🤣
The bloody Archers every single eve.
And again on Sunday just in case the parent had missed something crucial. Argggg

Eta: wish me luck. Trying to trap a particularly evil stray tom at the mo. The problem is going to be trying not to trap any of the rest who have already seen the vet!!!!
---
Oh, useless Facturday thingy. Years ago, I was at a conference about rural issues with a load of Beeb people, and a few of us were chatting over coffee. The Archers came up as there were quite a few Radio 4 folk present. Apparently, The Archers started post-war in conjunction with what was then the Ministry of Agriculture in order to rapidly get news out to Farmers of things like TB, Foot and Mouth etc, as well as be the sort of vaguely Tomorrow's World of farming to share new technologies, methods etc. I pointed out that I've lived in farming communities most of my life and never met a single farmer who fessed up to listening to it. They were quite shocked!!
---
@EddieBeds wishing you strength in these times. Must be very stressful, but we are all here if you need us.

Once upon a time, a couple of years ago, there was a thread on the mum site that sounds quite similar. I (still) don't know the rules here about giving hints to find it, but the reason I mention it is she came through in the end and her and her kids were doing very well in a new future (after her husband going utterly off the rails) the last time I visited that site months ago. So, just to say, all will be well, it just may take some time for him to get through it. I do think ensuring the local police are aware he is being treated is sensible. :love:

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.