Food and Drink #37 Happy New Year

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So we have had a sad/happy weekend- mr v mum sadly passed away this weekend, she’d been ill for a while and poor mr v has been very stressed and sad. To cheer him up we brought forward plans to extend family & now have a new friend Clemmie 🥰
What a cutie 🥰 very striking
condolences to mr V ☹

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
Apparently I have a crescent shaped cervix which may make smear more ‘uncomfortable’ than usual- nurse who mentioned this at last test was so reassuring etc that it was least uncomfortable by far

[ISPOILER blood test ][youngest v has had underactive thyroid since she was 8, her veins are still really tiny so practice nurse always uses a baby needle to take blood, maybe this could help other grays?]

So we have had a sad/happy weekend- mr v mum sadly passed away this weekend, she’d been ill for a while and poor mr v has been very stressed and sad. To cheer him up we brought forward plans to extend family & now have a new friend Clemmie 🥰
So sorry to hear about mr V’s mum. Clemmie is absolutely adorable. I want to squish her 😍

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I worked in Liverpool for a bit 🍉 in the mid-late noughties and the place I used to go to for my smears had big posters of George Clooney and Robbie Williams on the ceilings of the exam rooms. I suppose lying there thinking “god I hate that gurning twit” while gazing at Robbie is one way of taking your mind off what’s going on!

They put you in stirrups to do them over here which is truly horrible. It feels so much more vulnerable than just flat feet, knees flopped out. I have a lovely gynecologist but still…

Anyway, changing the subject here is a very lovely, handsome and gentle big ol bull. Just look at that lovely tuft of hair ❤
04A6E6C7-AF00-40FA-91EA-7854E05929BD.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 22
My iPhone updated last night and now the address bar is at the bottom on Safari and I hate it.

• Sad
  • Haha
My iPhone updated last night and now the address bar is at the bottom on Safari and I hate it.

You'll get use to it! I hated it too at first, but it's much more practical with the size of the screens now. No more shifting it in your hand to reach things at the top of the screen. Lazy Lady Life.

• Haha
Nah Apple are shitheads, every so often an update will put the bar at the bottom or once, it was in the middle of my page! You can move it back to the top where it belongs.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Nah Apple are shitheads, every so often an update will put the bar at the bottom or once, it was in the middle of my page! You can move it back to the top where it belongs.

I wish I knew this before I got use to it being at the bottom. Lol.

Techie Fraus- is there a way to get rid of the torch function on my locked homescreen? I'm always accidentally switching it on in my pocket. Annoying AF.

Screenshot 2023-01-24 at 09.20.35.jpg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
I wish I knew this before I got use to it being at the bottom. Lol.

Techie Fraus- is there a way to get rid of the torch function on my locked homescreen? I'm always accidentally switching it on in my pocket. Annoying AF.

OMG I would love to know this, I am always doing that too as well as taking accidental screenshots of the lock screen

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Fact finding - is it ok to mention a dog rescue charity and their affiliate link to Amazon here?
They do fantastic work in looking after the dogs no one wants/can’t be rehomed because of their problems.
They are in West Wales, in a location which is regularly flooded, and they can’t afford to move. They have fund raising “events “, but could always do with extra money (they have high vets bills because of the ages and problems the dogs have).
As no one has said it’s not allowed - the dog rescue is called Lizzie Barn. If you visit their website you can click on the Amazon affiliate link. 💕

• Heart
Reactions: 16
London based fraus, QI is filming in feb and booking audience members . I assume it’s like most shows in that the overbook and even getting a ticket doesn’t guarantee getting in, but if you are local enough to take the risk -
I have applied for the 28th! fingers crossed! if some of us get tickets on the same date meeting beforehand might be nice! (obviously in our courtroom costumes)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
If you sign up for free membership at seat filling companies, you can get guaranteed TV show audience seats plus more.

I use Central Tickets, Show Film First, and Applause Store. (Applause Store is pretty much all TV audience tickets)

Really recommend the first two places if you live in London and love live shows, you can get some bargains on there, even for the big West End Shows.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.