Food and Drink #36

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks, ninnies, really helpful to read your thoughts. I'm not going to mention it right now because I think that with the party only just gone, mentioning it now is a bit too close to pissing on her chips and I'd rather not, but I'll mention it when she starts organising next year's. 💖

Reactions: 24
Thanks, ninnies, really helpful to read your thoughts. I'm not going to mention it right now because I think that with the party only just gone, mentioning it now is a bit too close to pissing on her chips and I'd rather not, but I'll mention it when she starts organising next year's. 💖
Oh I think you mention it to the venue/supplier. No need to identify which party you were with.

Reactions: 16
In our (now virtual) office, there were always 1 or 2 people who would raise stuff on behalf of everyone. I am one of those who happily take points to HR or other managers. I am one who drinks, but if a colleague said that to me I'd happily raise to the organizers for future events. They'd know it wasn't me, but they'd also know I agreed with whoever had mentioned it. Is that kind of scenario an option?

Brits are largely assumed to be drinkers, especially when it's an occasion. Look at Enders, Corrie, Emmerdale - the pub is central to the storylines. Or it was last time I watched any of them.

Good to see you've got heat Kach! I am also softer than I used to be - I'd leave the heating at 16. This week been 20 and when it went off overnight the cat looked like she'd be reporting me....

• Heart
Reactions: 20
mr kcc's insisted it's warm enough now and turned the thermostat down. it's down to 21c in here now ☹

20221210_211216.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Can confirm: brownies are good. It's almost like THAT MAN has had multiple people test his recipes which isn't a very maverick way to do things. I've had to portion them up to take some to my family because eating a whole batch of brownies by myself is firmly in the realm of 'things I could do but shouldn't (or shan't)'.

I'm so pleased for you KCC and hope you are lovely and toasty.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
Can confirm: brownies are good. It's almost like THAT MAN has had multiple people test his recipes which isn't a very maverick way to do things. I've had to portion them up to take some to my family because eating a whole batch of brownies by myself is firmly in the realm of 'things I could do but shouldn't (or shan't)'.

I'm so pleased for you KCC and hope you are lovely and toasty.

thank you ❤ i am so warm 😊

brownies are just the absolute queens of baked goods. we have a lidl brownie as our free bakery item every month from the lidl plus app

• Heart
Reactions: 17
20% off slippers but they have added a money off granola into the normal offer part. So swings and roundabouts.

It’s snowed. Remaining students are going to go crazy when they get up.

I got a free vegan festive bake on my Greggs app.

• Heart
Morning all! This story from Jonah Hill really made me laugh. Contains bonus Mary Poppins at the start - WARNED!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
20% off women's baaaaaaags. Boo!

Ninnies I have slept for a glorious 10 hours. Feel much better for it. Hopefully the last vestiges of this cough will duck off soon. It's the work Christmas lunch tomorrow which I am slightly dreading. I hate enforced mingling. Gonna French exit as soon as is practicable.

Hooray for gas Kach! 🎊🎉✨

• Heart
@kachoochoo so glad you got your gas back before the snow fell!!

@traumatised sideboard have you tried pushing frozen black cherries into your brownie batter (sounds like an absolutely disgusting double entendre, sorry) and slightly increasing the cooking time? It’s good.

• Haha
  • Heart
Did I see a Frau was having skin issues in a previous thread? Can I help at all? I’m a nurse and have done a lot of work with Tissue Viability in the past, colleagues tell me I’m a bit of an expert, I wouldn’t mind having a looksie and seeing if I can help. Obviously don’t worry if not!

@kachoochoo are you warm today? Can I send you Nala for a snuggle? She’s not liking the cold either and is staying very close (and waking me many times overnight to make sure I’m also ok with the cold, which is mildly annoying).
Thank you for the offer dear heart ❤ nice to have a friendly oncologist nurse
They've really improved since I last posted, the gloves helped a ton 😁
IMG_20221211_114110.jpg

IMG_20221211_114145_edit_9599561088117.jpg

They're a bit cracked still but not sore or itchy anymore thankfully, one or two little blister things that I'm trying not to pop. Much less dry looking too. If they get worse again while I'm using gloves I'm gonna go back to the doctor. in hindsight I should have been taking photos this whole time to track it 🤦🏻‍♀️

@colouredlines thanks for the podcast rec a while ago, few episodes in to sold a story and it's fascinating

@Sideboard Bob Everything Everywhere All At Once is definitely one of my favourite films, I never felt a film "speak to me" so strongly.
I'm tearing up just thinking about this part 😭 honestly life-changing movie for me
FV93nICXkAQYWNY.jpg_large.jpg

Polish_20221211_120614147.jpg

me internally:

received_483608573745890.jpeg

I got through the shortlisting and my interview is in January 😁 so glad it's postponed and not this week, I'm going to be flat out as it is and I'll have more time to prepare

• Heart
You lot influenced me into watching EEAAO yesterday and the bit @binkbonk spoilered was my favourite bit.

Hurray for gas, boo for M&S.

I French exited my work do early on Friday night right around the time the free booze ran out, spooky. 10/10 would recommend.

• Haha
  • Heart
I'd like some advice re a website (who/how) that I have been thinking of doing for quite a while. Fairly simple - Kind of blogging, with the ability to have a "landing page" and a sidebar with links to individual pages/topics. I think it would be better not to have an open comments or Q&A (because trolls), nor do I plan to have a shop or aff links etc -it's intended as a MH resource - so cheap and cheerful for text (and maybe occasional photos if I'm feeling brave) and simple for ageing numpties to manage.
Thanks in advance to all you fancy frauen.

Reactions: 15
Wordpress is pretty easy to use. You can buy a domain name from somewhere like tsohost and then use Wordpress as the interface.

Reactions: 14
Wordpress is pretty easy to use. You can buy a domain name from somewhere like tsohost and then use Wordpress as the interface.
[ It was the first that came to my (inexpert) mind, though I was slightly worried that it might randomly break and it would take a team of experts 18 months to still not fix it ... ]
Thanks Smol Pixel :)

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.