Food and Drink #35

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Kach, are you still getting the £65/day or is there another payment if it goes on longer? Is your shower electric and can you go anywhere at the weekend to keep warm during the day? A library/warm space etc?

seems the compensation comes when it's all over, so we'll see what happens

shower is plumbed into the mains :( we are, somewhat jack-esquely, spending ages boiling pans of water for a quick bath every night

yeah, a couple of the libraries and pubs are open with free hot drinks and the local leisure centre's letting people in for showers and stuff, but tbh, we'll probably be ok with the fan heater on and in several layers

honestly, 0/10 experience this, do not recommend!

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I'm eating fairly well now HTRIA, I've been cooking as much as I can to ram in as many vegetables as an adult should be consuming. It's a gochujang (or Korean barbecue, I haven't decided yet) tempeh rice bowl for dinner tonight. Feel like an absolute energy vampire on this thread as it seems like I just come here to mither about my own life. That's why I want to get the Slopmas puddle done as a smol virtual token of appreciation, even if it is another book on tanks.

❤ ❤ ❤ for everyone to keep you toasty.
Well behind but just wanted to share in the gochujang love. I'm getting through about a pack a fortnight atm and have also been getting loads more veg in since I discovered you could cover stuff in it to roast 😋

I haven't been on the thread for a while cos I've been cleaning my house for the tree (no really!) It was also a bit of a chaos pit before but I have a new organising method that seems to be working well - remains to be seen if this is permanent or just excitement at a shiny new system. But so far it's looking more presentable than it has in years 😊

@Falkor I was about to tell you I saw the chocolate popcorn in my local M&S, glad you've located some! Maybe we should all buy it whenever we come across it in hopes they realise it's popular. They're really annoying for swapping out good products with no notice - my nearby one has suddenly stopped doing their own brand oat milk and only stocks the inferior Alpro one, boo.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
The surprise babies are off to forever homes this weekend and my other Queen is ready to pop she looks so uncomfortable bless her let me see if I can get a picture of the fat cat place your bets on how many…
7066AD50-3A54-4177-8513-1D47808A01B5.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 26
The surprise babies are off to forever homes this weekend and my other Queen is ready to pop she looks so uncomfortable bless her let me see if I can get a picture of the fat cat place your bets on how many…View attachment 1794342
Omg you are living my dream, i would never be able to give them away through 😆 do you know what the dad looks like? So excited to see what colours they are!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
We use a NFC stud usually who is a silver feather duster but these ones are your local tabby Tom they always have tabby or tuxedo when it’s him. I actually trapped and neutered a BSH stray who was in a bad way through the RSPCA he kept impregnating the girls and whilst they were gorgeous round faced but longhaired beauties I was worried he would end up catching one of his daughters… so snip snip he hasn’t been back since fallen out with me. I’ve not been able to get close to this new guy he’s a stealth shagger

top photo is a half and bottom is a full

931E14E1-F26A-4C7A-881D-252B6514F90D.jpeg
0C6EBA44-744B-4C27-9D45-C52C673790EC.jpeg

Omg you are living my dream, i would never be able to give them away through 😆 do you know what the dad looks like? So excited to see what colours they are!
It’s very easy to give them to new homes by 9 weeks as they are very naughty trash Christmas trees, climb in the bin, run up your legs and curtains and there’s usually another litter due. Hate to see them go love to watch them leave haha

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
@Smol Pixel What a bleeping jobsworth numpty! I bet she felt really proud of herself for being 'in the right' even though that's what you said. head.

@heretoreaditall2019 - I'm sorry your MIL wasn't at all sympathetic - it's horrible when you think you have the person you can turn to for comfort/regulation and they don't come up to scratch. The rebuff is painful as you've exposed yourself, asked for help and they are like 'actually, nah".

Lovely @Falkor and @Cariad who have suffered parental loss is such shocking ways - I'm so sorry for what happened and also that you didn't get the support you needed at the time.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Level of crankiness is off the scale. I had a haircut the other day and yesterday in the shop another volunteer asked me if I had cut it myself. Ffs. I might look tit and knackered and fucked off with life but I stopped doing that (with the dog clippers) when lockdown ended.

Sending hugs (or no hugs depending on what is preferred) to everyone out there who also might look/feel like tit, have no gas, generally is having a rough old time of it.
Dear Buttons, I do wish people would keep their opinions to themselves, how rude! Good evening to everyone apart from the lady at the till in the Co op I visit nearly every day who asked if I wanted to use my pensioner's discount when I was 51. I was not impressed.

i don't want to get into a row, but hadley freeman has become extremely transphobic recently and she's defended woody allen for years. she's not been the funny fashion columnist for a long time
What is wrong with all the Guardian writers? First Rayner, now this. And why do I still read it? Someone else said they had to stop reading it, it was the sad end to a 30 year love affair. I feel the same.
(Sorry about the double post chaos.)

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Solidarity with "atchoo" today x

oof, you beat me! 11c in here when we got in today 🥶 1c outside

we had a bit of snow last night too

mr kcc's mam's back on now at least - she lives up the hill in stannington

it's just so exhausting trying to keep at least a bit warm and clean!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
Is anyone else watching the Harry and Megan doc? I’ve only watched the first episode so far - but one thing that is amusing me is that Megan, a lot of the time refers to him as ‘H’ and in my head it’s a mash up of the mythical H from Line of Duty and H from Steps 🤪. Not sure that was the intended take away they wanted viewers to have 😂.

@Nottonightbabe a nice veggie soup with a stack of bread is one of my winter comforts or toad in the hole (aka frog in a bog as my Aunt calls it!). More🔺 - I don’t drink tea or coffee (though I love the smell of coffee) so a hot blackcurrent (Ribena is top choice but a good blackcurrent cordial will suffice). Don’t mind the odd hot chocolate but has to be made with milk, not water. We sometimes buy squirty/spray cream to do ‘fancy’ hot chocolates but I really struggle if I then open the fridge not to just spray some directly into my mouth even if I’ve gone to get something else out of said fridge. Maybe it’s a suppressed childhood thing trying to break free? 😂. I feel like this confessional could be my chewed up crisp or dreamies moment!
I watched one episode but got bored. I’ve never had strong opinions of them either way but the fact a friend told them to film themselves felt off. What for, if not to sell for big bucks? And I just couldn’t warm to her.

oof, you beat me! 11c in here when we got in today 🥶 1c outside

we had a bit of snow last night too

mr kcc's mam's back on now at least - she lives up the hill in stannington

it's just so exhausting trying to keep at least a bit warm and clean!
I wish I could help! ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Love, hugs and warm thoughts to anyone who wants them this evening.

Sorry, totally different topic, but aahhh check this out! On one hand, it’s pretty cool, but on the other, “rise of the machines”! 😱

• Heart
  • Wow
Hope you are ok HTRIA, I feel like the older generations way of dealing was “oh don’t worry about it/be silly/you’re exaggerating,” ie minimising things?

I’ve had a lot of convos where I’ve explained that isn’t helpful, and the answer is always that the intentions are good but they’re trying to get you not to worry. Like I’m already worried and freaking out about it, this is the wrong answer 😂😂😂 so glad we are more aware now.

Anyway hope you are ok now and work isnt too wild
Yes!!! Word for word this! Like it’s from a place of kindness but like hun if I could positive my vibes out of childhood trauma and anxiety I would have years ago and therapists up and down the country would be as shooketh as Jack Monroe not booking any Q4 campaigns!

Thank you guys for being so lovely though and also sending love and light back. What are your weekend plans and has anyone watched the Harry and Meghan thing yet??? Yay glad Eddie had already asked! ☕

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Top-tier grifter Amanda Palmer wrote a song about that.

@Kittypops I am so sorry for your loss and your (understandable) slip-up. Please remember to be a friend to yourself - you stopped before, this can be a one-off. Just forgive yourself, be honest about it and move on love. xx
An acquaintance of mine once went to London, got extremely drunk and vomited all over the steps of a posh house in the middle of the night, only for Amanda Palmer and Neil Gaiman to emerge from the front door on their way out to some event. Apparently they were both very nice about it, let her take a selfie with them and helped her get a taxi home. Not relevant but it's always the first thing I think of when I hear her name - just goes to show that even the worst people sometimes have redeeming features!

Edit: also meant to say earlier that I've been listening to Do Go On and I love it, thanks for the tip @colouredlines! Do you have any episodes you particularly recommend?

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
oh, and if anyone's wondering if i accept hugs, I'm basically olaf at this point

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
Lots of virtual hugs to everyone. Not up to date on MT but seen enough to know there are issues. And other stuff, just know there are people here. Sometimes nodding with familiarity, sometimes sympathy.

Watched the H&M thing. I don't think they came off well. She was rude to his grandmother. They met on Insta when she was sporting a dog filter. When you meet a partners family for the first time, you should be given the heads up by the partner. Topics to discuss and avoid. Any traditions. Appreciate this is more extreme in this case but think she could have asked advice, employed an etiquette coach.
All in all, it was odd.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
not watched the h+m doc, but i do remember the curtsey story from somewhere else and she seemed to just be taking the piss out of herself if anything?? like, she's the clueless american who couldn't believe she had to actually curtsey to her new grandma-in-law, but harry told her she did have to, and she accidentally overdid it and has felt embarrassed ever since

honestly, they're best off out of it and the sooner we don't have a monarchy the better

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Nearly finished the second ep of H+M and omg this is loooong, it needs a 1.5x speed on it. They both talk so slowly and then there’s slide shows of pictures in between talking too 😴 why did they film their footage in portrait too?

Still have an ep to go but this doesn’t really cover anything gritty or controversial? Like it’s not saying anything anyone who has scrolled the daily mail website in the past half decade couldn’t have told you? 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.