Food and Drink #35

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
so sorry so many of us are having a tit time. love to everyone who needs it ❤

looking like we won't have the gas back before the weekend. it was 12c in here when we got back

bumped into our downstairs neighbour in lidl. apparently we're in zone 5 for getting it sorted, yes, that's the last one

and have i mentioned that our landlords have increased the rent by £100pcm? oh and there's loads of rats that have moved into our communal bins and have had loads of rat babies?

oh, and of course, i still have to see occupational health and my gp to prove I'm not about to croak cos i fall asleep at my desk sometimes

it's just all too much. and 15% off plants and flowers?? gtf m+s

apologies for rant. love youse ❤
Are you in Sheffield? 🔺 I heard about this on Hallam fm 🔺hope it’s sorted soon

• Heart
Reactions: 17
This makes me feel slightly better. I was doing the captions on a video for an Australian company the other day and wanted to cry when they kept talking about it being summer 😂 I say that like I wasn't moaning about the heat all summer lmao
It really depends on where you are as well. Where my brother lives it's 30+ degree days all year round and tropical. I go up there in winter to thaw out for a few days and he yells at me for wanting to swim in his pool. Then he comes down here and yells at me for wearing shorts when it's 25 degrees while he's shivering in jeans and a jumper. 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 16
so sorry so many of us are having a tit time. love to everyone who needs it ❤

looking like we won't have the gas back before the weekend. it was 12c in here when we got back

bumped into our downstairs neighbour in lidl. apparently we're in zone 5 for getting it sorted, yes, that's the last one

and have i mentioned that our landlords have increased the rent by £100pcm? oh and there's loads of rats that have moved into our communal bins and have had loads of rat babies?

oh, and of course, i still have to see occupational health and my gp to prove I'm not about to croak cos i fall asleep at my desk sometimes

it's just all too much. and 15% off plants and flowers?? gtf m+s

apologies for rant. love youse ❤
£100 a month?! The most I can do is 5% annually I think, idk it's linked to CPI and I refused anyway. Have you double checked your tenancy? 😞 Also feel your pain with the communal bin rats. Wanna borrow a cat? Mine used to catch about 3 a day at my old flat.

• Heart
  • Wow
So sorry Kach. You need a break from all of this. We have student bin rats. They stop by our living room french windows and wave before finding more discarded Dominos.

This makes me feel slightly better. I was doing the captions on a video for an Australian company the other day and wanted to cry when they kept talking about it being summer 😂 I say that like I wasn't moaning about the heat all summer lmao
I know. When I was walking home from the shop, I was thinking about how unbelievably hot it was in there on that 40 degree day and how worried I was about the dog. Today it was cold and I was still moaning and still worried about the dog.

There are probably 2 weeks in October and 2 weeks in March when I am happy.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Are you in Sheffield? 🔺 I heard about this on Hallam fm 🔺hope it’s sorted soon

🔺️i am🔺️ every single report just describes it as being stannington but it's affecting so many people right down into hillsborough

last thing i saw was 2000 homes affected and 500k litres of water pumped out of the gas pipes

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
🔺️i am🔺️ every single report just describes it as being stannington but its affecting so many people right down into hillsborough
I was just reading one from the Guardian that mentioned hillsborough, so many people affected by it! I can't believe it's taken so long to make national news.

• Sad
  • Heart
I'd love to send some Aussie summer sun to you guyses but it's LEFT. Feels and looks just like winter here.
View attachment 1790056
Holy tit, we have the same temperatures in my city this week, and it's winter here. 😳

(Although I am away for a few days on the other side of the Iberian peninsula and it is far colder, and when I get home a big drop in temperature is predicted!)

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Love and hugs to all 💕.

Saw this earlier and thought of here…
ECB36325-9B27-4581-9FB7-A4B10284EA75.jpeg

Think they should have had a picture of a toddler too. Also, genuinely beginning to think that Toddler Beds was a cat in his former life. Mr Beds decided we’d put up the tree before the nursery pick up - what a fool. Toddler Beds took one look at said Christmas tree post nursery and rammed his toy buggy into it before pawing at it 🤪.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Holy tit, we have the same temperatures in my city this week, and it's winter here. 😳

(Although I am away for a few days on the other side of the Iberian peninsula and it is far colder, and when I get home a big drop in Vtemperature is predicted!)
Melbourne is well known for its changeable weather. You know, if you don't like it come back in half an hour and it will be different! Tasmania is a lot colder with worse weather changes but they're just a dot at the bottom of Oz so they don't count.
Just kidding, Tassie is beautiful. Quick pre-facturday, a woman's pubic area is sometimes known as a 'Mappa'. The shape of Tasmania looks very like a pubic triangle - a Map of Tasmania.

• Haha
  • Wow
Melbourne is well known for its changeable weather. You know, if you don't like it come back in half an hour and it will be different! Tasmania is a lot colder with worse weather changes but they're just a dot at the bottom of Oz so they don't count.
Just kidding, Tassie is beautiful. Quick pre-facturday, a woman's pubic area is sometimes known as a 'Mappa'. The shape of Tasmania looks very like a pubic triangle - a Map of Tasmania.
Ahahaha I learned that long ago and I always think of it whenever Tasmania is mentioned.

Aussie slang also ruined the word root for me...

• Haha
Reactions: 12
£100 a month?! The most I can do is 5% annually I think, idk it's linked to CPI and I refused anyway. Have you double checked your tenancy? 😞 Also feel your pain with the communal bin rats. Wanna borrow a cat? Mine used to catch about 3 a day at my old flat.
they need us to sign a new contract, we haven't had a new one, or indeed a rent increase for a few years

they're claiming it brings it in line with "market value", the landlords that own the land and buildings outright who are multi millionaires. it's pure greed.

but

we like living here, section 21 still exists and every other flat nearby is now going for a similar amount, so we have no choice 🤷‍♀️

• Sad
My new boss has a daughter at another northern uni. There are 5 of them in a house. Unlike this place where the rooms for 2023 got released in the 3rd week of term and made the national press (again!), they have more time to decide where to live in their 3rd year. They want to remain where they are but the landlord/lady has asked for a £40 increase per room/week. They will get an extra £10,400 a year from this group of students if they decide to keep this HMO on.

I was/am speechless.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 23
Top-tier grifter Amanda Palmer wrote a song about that.

@Kittypops I am so sorry for your loss and your (understandable) slip-up. Please remember to be a friend to yourself - you stopped before, this can be a one-off. Just forgive yourself, be honest about it and move on love. xx

• Heart
bleeping tit, ive messed up and chosen drink today, my partner died this day a few years ago, it's still going through my mind, I was walking the exact route I did on that day and it was like yesterday. Can't tell anyone about it, I'm sending thoughts to anyone with loss xx ps. Will reset days tomorrow, promise. I'm not enjoying the drink.
Huge love, kittypops, and thank you for trusting us with that. I'm so sorry you're struggling.

• Heart
You are all such thoughtful and caring ninnies it's enough to bring a sideboard to tears which tbf is not all that hard at the moment. I had to go and get blood tests done this morning because my GP wants to do my annual review, even though I already had one done in June. Two annual reviews, what a treat! My sister suggested making mince pie brownies which I might do at the weekend if I can get the ingredients. I'm sure a puddle will provide, we've many of those as it's been raining every day for at least a week.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
they need us to sign a new contract, we haven't had a new one, or indeed a rent increase for a few years

they're claiming it brings it in line with "market value", the landlords that own the land and buildings outright who are multi millionaires. it's pure greed.

but

we like living here, section 21 still exists and every other flat nearby is now going for a similar amount, so we have no choice 🤷‍♀️
Similar here. Mine’s going up by £150pcm and tbf that still doesn’t bring it in line with market value. And I’ve lived here 4 years and not had an increase in that time. Still crappy though because £150pcm is a lot. I hope I manage to appeal this pip decision successfully and get a chunk of back pay cos otherwise things are gonna get tight.

• Sad
  • Heart
M&S replied to my DM on Twitter - THE CHOCOLATE COVERED BUTTER TOFFEE POPCORN IS NOT DISCONTINUED!!!!! Just in a reduced number of stores at the moment. They've told me the nearest ones to Paddington that stock it are Waterside (literally just outside the station), Edgeware and Tottenham Court Road :) :) :) :) :)
Hooray for delicious treats! Are any of these locations easy for you to get to? I can go to TCR and leave some bags in a puddle nearby if you need.

I had a very nice few days away for Christmas markets and now am 99% potato. Also as of the beginning of December hit my two remission anniversary, which was pretty cool.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
My new boss has a daughter at another northern uni. There are 5 of them in a house. Unlike this place where the rooms for 2023 got released in the 3rd week of term and made the national press (again!), they have more time to decide where to live in their 3rd year. They want to remain where they are but the landlord/lady has asked for a £40 increase per room/week. They will get an extra £10,400 a year from this group of students if they decide to keep this HMO on.

I was/am speechless.
Leeds by any chance? Sounds like some Hyde Park bullshit

Reactions: 11
A fruit ( or possibly drain ) fly just flew into my eye . Am I correct in assuming that I should follow the same procedure as for swallowing , and poke myself in the eye with a variety of ever increasing sized creatures or am I best leaving my tear ducts to deal with it ?

• Haha
  • Wow

I was/am speechless.
When we were looking for this house in some areas you do get some HMOs in the search results and it was 🤯. Like they’re all mutilated houses but it’d often be a building that clearly had some public service before so is sizeable and grey and needs work, a developer buys it and chops it up, and there you go it’s marketed as an investment opportunity.

I remember yeaaaars back there was the suggestion that HMOs were dying a death as LLs couldn’t resell Victorian terraced houses they’d mutilated into 6 bedrooms but it’s as if the whole HMO thing has gone into overdrive since and now the days of single digit houseshares feel quaint? I’ll try and find an example of the sort of madness on rightmove it’s wild

ETA - no interiors but what I mean by grey lol

Some entire blocks of flats

Idk if it’s always been like this but it’s so bleak.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.