Food and Drink #34 Big Pea!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@MaineCoonMama had a question and knew who to ask
Do Maine Coons eat substantially more than a normal house cat?
I'd have assumed it's the same as with a big dog based on weight but don't think I've seen one irl and not sure if these pics online are typical or particularly large specimens 😳

1666951643648.png

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
Morning ninnies, happy Friday? @Justacatindisguise cannot believe you’ve gotten food poisoning off vegan food, you’d think you’d be safe?! BK always confused me I never understood why anyone would go there when we’ve got McDs but their vegan stuff is really good! When it’s not causing gastrointestinal problems,
Listeria lives on veg, not just dairy, and happily grows in the fridge unlike most other food pathogens. (There was a big recall a year or two ago for frozen sweetcorn across all brands)

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
@MaineCoonMama had a question and knew who to ask
Do Maine Coons eat substantially more than a normal house cat?
I'd have assumed it's the same as with a big dog based on weight but don't think I've seen one irl and not sure if these pics online are typical or particularly large specimens 😳

View attachment 1684636
I try not to over feed my three, they are inside cats so they don't need a huge amount. They grow quite slowly compared to other cats, they don't reach maturity until about 4 or 5 years.
That ginger boy looks like a good sized MC, they are really big in real life.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Been back on another thread (my running one )for a week or so but couldn’t resist sending a tunnel (buttons?) face in return (please don’t say her fur is matted- she twirls around too much and it never stays perfect 😳).

Missed you all too much.

Slightly regretting my username but can’t do anything about that now.
View attachment 1684632

❤❤❤ (Is someone else here too? ❤)
Welcome baaaaaaaaack!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 20

Absolute yays that it's an OG Frau reunion! Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!! ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Just catching up.

@traumatised sideboard hope you passed an ok night. Here is Sunday School Cat in quizzical mode for you:

71EAF1E6-8BF0-45D1-9507-ED731F1602D0.jpeg

So exciting to see OG Fraus. As a mainly lurker on the MT, speaking to some of you genuinely feels like chatting with proper slebs. Every thread is my thread #31!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
Been back on another thread (my running one )for a week or so but couldn’t resist sending a tunnel (buttons?) face in return (please don’t say her fur is matted- she twirls around too much and it never stays perfect 😳).

Missed you all too much.

Slightly regretting my username but can’t do anything about that now.
View attachment 1684632

❤❤❤ (Is someone else here too? ❤)
Waves excitedly at you both! Missed your humour, and of course that amazing brown mop top.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Peas for breakfast, where is that laugh/vom combo reaction I asked for? There were mushy peas for lunch but I had three slices of toast instead as I'm not remotely hungry and that's easy to get down. There are some proper hench seagulls here that were eyeing it up.

Lovely to see you @zetta buttons and of course the stunning princess, we've missed you.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Morning ninnies, happy Friday? @Justacatindisguise cannot believe you’ve gotten food poisoning off vegan food, you’d think you’d be safe?! BK always confused me I never understood why anyone would go there when we’ve got McDs but their vegan stuff is really good! When it’s not causing gastrointestinal problems, obvs.

@traumatised sideboard how are you? Pls confirm you did not have peas for breakfast?

Off to the dump at lunch cos we put our bins out half an hour too late. I’m now a frau on wheels and dare I say doing well with my driving so excited for this new challenge / not excited for how my car is gonna smell. Then gonna take a cheeky longer lunch and nip to markses for weekend dinners / treats 🥰
Right?! I've eaten them loads of times and been fine! This is the first time I've had them since they disappeared for a while though so dunno if they've changed something, someone new fucked up cooking them or they gave me chicken. Just waiting for McDonald's to start doing a decent veggie nugget of some kind cause the dippers are like eating sawdust 😂 On the plus side deliveroo refunded me but not before I had to scar about 5 people with the gross details lmao

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I bringeth to y’all my dearest tender ones the answer to the age-old question “Hmmm, I wonder what a 4ft inflatable zombie baby in Burt Reynolds-style early 80s cammo bikini briefs with an inflating valve that looks kind of like a butt plug would look like?!”
4D110B16-FDC9-4F88-9C67-234A71721BF5.jpeg

18D5B7D5-D64F-4C7C-8F31-0D8CC65AF7B8.jpeg
And having thought that up, you’d then take it one step further and make it even more amusingly horrific
219E8AD9-FF35-4C21-AA96-1470E6FAEDDD.jpeg
ETA apologies to the upside down dwellers, I wanted to time it for the majority of you so you have plenty of time to think of raindrops on roses and lovely cattos and other favourite things before bedtime so you don’t have nightmares about these.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
Listeria lives on veg, not just dairy, and happily grows in the fridge unlike most other food pathogens. (There was a big recall a year or two ago for frozen sweetcorn across all brands)
Well tit, according to Dr Google I think it may well have been listeriosis 😂 😭

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
I bringeth to y’all my dearest tender ones the answer to the age-old question “Hmmm, I wonder what a 4ft inflatable zombie baby in Burt Reynolds-style early 80s cammo bikini briefs with an inflating valve that looks kind of like a butt plug would look like?!”
And having thought that up, you’d then take it one step further and make it even more amusingly horrific
I'd be shooting that thing with silver bullets and calling in a priest.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Lovely ninnies, I hope you don’t mind me posting here but I’m feeling shaky and know you’ll appreciate why. Months ago, my narc close relative messaged me to say she and the violent, unstable partner she’s currently weaponised herself with would visit my little town for a long weekend. I didn’t let it get to me but that weekend starts today and she hasn’t cancelled. She is part of the reason I’ve stayed hundreds of miles away since leaving to study in the late 80s. I’m meeting up with them this evening and really don’t want it to happen. However this evening might go I know she’ll be utterly toxic about it later.

I’m feeling triggered by stuff on the MT, but reading there is also helping as it affirms these people exist, they do these things, and I’m not deluded. Just knowing some of you will read this and send good thoughts will help me out this evening. Not-slop to you all and thanks for being here.

(Whilst typing this almost a packet of Jaffa cakes by my elbow has vanished. Good times)

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Lovely ninnies, I hope you don’t mind me posting here but I’m feeling shaky and know you’ll appreciate why. Months ago, my narc close relative messaged me to say she and the violent, unstable partner she’s currently weaponised herself with would visit my little town for a long weekend. I didn’t let it get to me but that weekend starts today and she hasn’t cancelled. She is part of the reason I’ve stayed hundreds of miles away since leaving to study in the late 80s. I’m meeting up with them this evening and really don’t want it to happen. However this evening might go I know she’ll be utterly toxic about it later.

I’m feeling triggered by stuff on the MT, but reading there is also helping as it affirms these people exist, they do these things, and I’m not deluded. Just knowing some of you will read this and send good thoughts will help me out this evening. Not-slop to you all and thanks for being here.

(Whilst typing this almost a packet of Jaffa cakes by my elbow has vanished. Good times)
Hope I’m not overstepping the mark here, but I can definitely relate dearheart, a relative that I was very very close to (as in they pretty much raised me) up until quite recently is a total controlling narc and also has an abusive and controlling partner who’s isolated them from the rest of the family.
It’s not until it literally got to a police incident that I finally had enough of it and cut them out.
It’s horrible feeling like you can’t get away from them.
Honestly, you’re a better person than me! If this said relative asked me to meet up with them I’d tell them to do one, do you have someone you can go with? And is it in a public place where you feel comfortable?
I’m sending you lots of strong and positive thoughts, but just remember that you’re doing them a favour by giving them the time of day, no matter how much they might try to gaslight you into thinking otherwise.
You don’t owe them anything! Especially not just because you’re related to them (something I only just got to grips with recently).
And also I would say that you’re clearly a very strong person and you’ve got this 🤍

Here’s Daphne for you and anyone else who’s feeling rubbish, she’s in a very snuggly mood today!
2C907558-EAE4-4AFC-8A0C-BB6BBC9DE0E5.jpeg
CA2908BA-3BD1-4F08-BF1C-7495B01DD893.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Hope I’m not overstepping the mark here, but I can definitely relate dearheart, a relative that I was very very close to (as in they pretty much raised me) up until quite recently is a total controlling narc and also has an abusive and controlling partner who’s isolated them from the rest of the family.
It’s not until it literally got to a police incident that I finally had enough of it and cut them out.
It’s horrible feeling like you can’t get away from them.
Honestly, you’re a better person than me! If this said relative asked me to meet up with them I’d tell them to do one, do you have someone you can go with? And is it in a public place where you feel comfortable?
I’m sending you lots of strong and positive thoughts, but just remember that you’re doing them a favour by giving them the time of day, no matter how much they might try to gaslight you into thinking otherwise.
You don’t owe them anything! Especially not just because you’re related to them (something I only just got to grips with recently).
And also I would say that you’re clearly a very strong person and you’ve got this 🤍

Here’s Daphne for you and anyone else who’s feeling rubbish, she’s in a very snuggly mood today!
View attachment 1685062View attachment 1685060
Thank you @MistyWindows and Daphne 💚, and @SundaySchoolTeacher that really helped. I’m sorry you went through that with your narc relative and their partner MW (who’d have thought so many narcs would choose violent partners?). I think one day there will be a clear cut off, however there are probably a couple of key funeral events in the future that it will be easier to navigate with quiet distance.

We’re meeting in a public place, yes, in my home town. The bars here are largely staffed by youngsters who all attended the school I worked at before I left at lockdown🔺, so there will be familiar faces, heh. I’m choosing to go alone as my husband is a precious thing to me, however, his gob gets him into trouble and I’m fucked if I’ll dangle him in front of the pair of them for an evening’s sport. That said, he’s on the other end of the phone and will come down for the last drink and to walk back with me (my idea). Sunday we’re having lunch out and he’ll be there for all of that.

Thank you for the positive thoughts and the gaslighting reminder. My job is to watch myself: I knock it back without realising when I’m nervous, so need to remember that Diet Coke or low alcohol beer is my friend (see also, ex pupils in bars). Thank you again, and well done on making the break 💚

• Heart
Reactions: 25

Best of luck dear heart, could you safely cancel this plan? Cos if so… I would 😳🫣🤭 like sorry if this is majorly inappropriate and/or overstepping a mark but just having had narc experience (and then had them cut me off when I put boundaries in place?) I wish I spent less time ppl pleasing/playing the game and sat indoors by myself more. Also it’s not just that meal it’s the dysmorphia it gives u for days after where they’ve said a load of tit that just can’t be true and the emotional comedown after, by the time you feel alright again you’re back in work on Monday morning (assuming a 9-5 frauhood) and who wants that. I’d sooner sit in and watch some tit on tv and eat chocolate buttons??

Speaking of which did anyone watch that jimmy carr destroys art show?

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.