Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Frauen must have thought I was in a state of perpetual amazement over the last week as I kept accidentally 😲 reacting to posts. I have big man hands (even though I am a bird (in traazers)) that are not suited to a smol phone screen.

It's finally burger time! The bloke who delivered it had already legged it by the time I opened the door which was a shame as I'd put on my least flattering joggers and fox slipper socks specially to lure him in.

not peas or potatoes.jpg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 44
Good news lads, I'm being discharged at 4! Unfortunately that does mean one last round of accursed toast. Thank you for all of your positive vibes ❤ now you won't have to read about execrable slop any more and I can have a cig.

• Heart
Reactions: 43

SeeleyBooth

I have got the laptop out to write a longer post as it is a pain in the arse typing things out on my phone (not an old Nokia).

I tend to just dip into this thread when the MT is quieter. I don't comment much because

1. I'm relatively new so feel like I'm intruding on personal topics
2. It's a pain writing long posts on my phone and takes a lot of effort to use the laptop
3. I have issues with my brain. It can be hard to process (?) what I want to say. I can often be well enough to read and take things in but struggle to formulate a response (verbally also). It's a side effect of a neurological illness 🔺. It's not life threating, I'm under a neurologist and I manage. I'm still adapting to being like this and am mainly house bound so I find you ninnies a welcome distraction. I feel safe writing quick, short comments on the MT but anything longer that requires thinking literally hurts my brain. There's a very good chance it would be incoherent too so you would all think I'm drunk :rolleyes::LOL:

If I don't feel able to comment or just having a very quick dip, I'm unsure whether to like posts. It shows I'm 'here' reading and fraus may think I'm being rude by not offering condolences/congratulations etc. (Yes I have far too much time on my hands now and am a over-thinker!)

I want to show my support though so thought if I explain my situation..... you could overlook my random post reactions and lack of comments please?

While I am typing properly ....

Congratulations to @definitelynotvlad 👶
I hope @traumatised sideboard has lovely food tonight with not a pea in sight!
My thoughts are with @jenny2603 Hoping the chemo is going as well as it can

Oh another side effect can be nausea. I've been pretty lucky the last few months with the periods not lasting long. These last two weeks though...food I normally love has been turning my stomach when I thought I was feeling ok. Following the Jack thread has been like a rollercoaster! :sick::LOL:

• Heart
Reactions: 42

zetta buttons

VIP Member
Massively triggered by the MT today. Ugh.
Have some feety bundles, my friends.
Courtesy of PoohBert.
View attachment 1684518
Been back on another thread (my running one )for a week or so but couldn’t resist sending a tunnel (buttons?) face in return (please don’t say her fur is matted- she twirls around too much and it never stays perfect 😳).

Missed you all too much.

Slightly regretting my username but can’t do anything about that now.
9D8E18B1-1ACD-4A45-A285-CF4B3C1C4DD8.jpeg

❤❤❤ (Is someone else here too? ❤)

• Heart
Reactions: 39

mince

Lovely ninnies, I hope you don’t mind me posting here but I’m feeling shaky and know you’ll appreciate why. Months ago, my narc close relative messaged me to say she and the violent, unstable partner she’s currently weaponised herself with would visit my little town for a long weekend. I didn’t let it get to me but that weekend starts today and she hasn’t cancelled. She is part of the reason I’ve stayed hundreds of miles away since leaving to study in the late 80s. I’m meeting up with them this evening and really don’t want it to happen. However this evening might go I know she’ll be utterly toxic about it later.

I’m feeling triggered by stuff on the MT, but reading there is also helping as it affirms these people exist, they do these things, and I’m not deluded. Just knowing some of you will read this and send good thoughts will help me out this evening. Not-slop to you all and thanks for being here.

(Whilst typing this almost a packet of Jaffa cakes by my elbow has vanished. Good times)

• Heart
Reactions: 38

BubbleDuck

VIP Member
I’ve just treated myself to a very small bowl of dreamies and a much larger bowl of ice cream because it’s my 40th birthday today and the only envelope waiting for me on the doormat was a sodding gas bill 🔺 mr duck forgot, which I’m trying to pretend is not a big deal etc but I’m hurting a bit tbh

i went a bit maverick and tried sprinkling some dreamies on to the ice cream and it was so bad, I fear I may have accidentally stumbled on a future slopgoblin recipe 😂😂😂

hope everyone else’s tea/dinners have been slightly more successful ❤

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 36
@SeeleyBooth I felt the same when I first joined the canal, it gave me the fear to even like posts let alone respond to them. Post as little or as much as you like or are able to, everyone here is an absolute banger of a ninny. Hope the nausea settles soon as well, it's rubbish feeling sick all the time. Buttony recommended me Nairn's ginger oat biscuits a couple of months ago that were perfect for settling my stomach.

I've had a shower and a couple of cigs. I'm about to whack a Plant Kitchen hot and spicy pizza and sweet potato fries in the oven. Sweet potato fries are allowed as they have not been tainted by the nefarious mendacious NHS.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Three Christmases ago Morrisons did incredible gingerbread custard doughnuts that were accidentally vegan and I've never forgiven them for not bringing them back. I would walk seven miles and I would walk seven more for them.

Lads after my successful home training I went to the gym for the first time since the end of July and they've completely rearranged half the place to fit new equipment in. It was totally overwhelming and they have got rid of the perfect pull-up bar they had. All the others are either too wide for my shoulder-width grip or slippery and too thick in diameter, even for my huge man hands. Send pull-up bar-os.

• Heart
  • Sad

MrsFawlty

Chatty Member
Did someone mention Jellycat toys? 😏
Meet Fruitbat!
20221031_162246.jpg

20221031_162209.jpg

Note the handy velcro on his ankles so he can hang anywhere and the highly practical zipped wings. 💜

• Heart
  • Wow

Toffee finger

VIP Member
My mum is now home from hospital 🍾 She’s been diagnosed with a few things which hopefully can be managed with medication so maybe she’ll stay out of hospital for longer this time!

@SeeleyBooth I’m terrible for not posting properly and do feel rude just reacting to things but the canal is welcoming to all whether you post daily, monthly or just give the occasion like. There’s always someone around to chat with if/when needed.

Dear hearts - I have finally officially caught the Covid and feeling rough AF. Midnight fever chills putting on extra clothes the lot. Not a happy Disney Princess right now. :(
Sorry to hear that, fingers crossed it passes quickly for you. Resting and paracetamol definitely helps ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 34

kachoochoo

VIP Member
everyone say hello to tilly

she's staying with us for 2 whole weeks while mr kcc's mam's away

she's stayed with us before, but she's a lot more confident this time (so far)

20221112_172120.jpg

• Heart
Thank you so HTRIA much, HTRIA. Having all you ninnies behind me is helping immeasurably. I actually am feeling a lot better, I have a review tomorrow morning so hopefully (everyone please cross your fingers) I can go home and stop this thread becoming a running commentary on the absolute state of my food. Incidentally my lunch options was sad mixed veg and potato. I had toast.

Also v sad news: they've painted over the lasagne lemon drizzle cake graffiti today. Rip.

• Heart

Nottonightbabe

VIP Member
My girl is having a grumpy couple of days. The weather has been soggy af recently and she is banned from lap sitting while she's wet and muddy pawed. As a prolific lap-sitter, she is not happy about this. When I thwart her attempts to sit up here, she goes over to a corner and starts clawing at the carpet, which is her telling me to fuck off. She then refuses to look at me for ages 🙄. Grouchy little mare.

20221101_163147.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 33

Scotty1976

Chatty Member
My neighbour died today at her work
. She was only in her mid forties and had just become a gran . She was a lovely caring woman, Give everyone you love a extra hug as nobody knows when they will lose someone

• Sad
  • Heart

Captainmouse

VIP Member
Saddo that I am, I have been chuckling about big pea. Then I saw this

DE61FCFC-DEA5-42DD-B47E-72D60CB1E93B.jpeg

🤣😂 I can’t explain why it’s so funny

• Haha

zetta buttons

VIP Member
I know this isn’t an airport but signing off for a bit. Again. 💃. I might buy a myself a blue tick while I am gone.

Having to disconnect Wi-Fi for decorating reasons and my data on my sim only is limited to say the least. Who knows what will happen for a week without Wi-Fi? Maybe dog and I will go to Starbucks and pretend to work like the students and use their free one so I can like all the jelly cat posts.

Anyway…

If I don’t come back it’s because I have frog taped myself to the dog.

• Heart
  • Haha

Emmapism

VIP Member
PXL_20221101_112441349.jpg

This made me so happy. All reduced. Cost me £6. Been wanting the light up Halloween houses but couldn't justify the cost.

Happy post Halloween deals lads! Running back to do a new thread catch up

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 32
I'm definitely having a shower as soon as I get home HTRIA. It's going to be delightful not having to ask someone to unlock it for me. You really take for granted the freedom you have at home once it's taken away and you have to depend on other people for everything you need, right down to getting you a clean cup.

• Heart

MaineCoonMama

VIP Member
I don't know why but for some reason I had it in my head that you were a Brit who'd emigrated to Australia. Now I'm curious - how did you and the other upside-downers come to hear about Jack? Is she 'famous' there too?
I'd never heard of her before, haha. I came to Tattle for an Aussie influencer, stumbled upon the Jack threads and stayed for the laughs and company. Most of Oz wouldn't have the foggiest who Jack is. 😂

• Haha
  • Heart