Food and Drink #28

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@TheDragonWithAFlagon I pushed myself out for a swim this morning with your lovely 'weighted blanket' comment from the MT as motivation -and it really helped, I know this must sound perverse but buoyancy is something I've been struggling with while getting back into the water (it makes me feel out of control, if that makes sense). Thank you!

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Yes, I have a kindle app on my iPad.
Happy Birthday Sweetie T and Cookie Junior!
ONLY FOR MAINECOONMAMA!!

If any one clicks on this I will know who you are, which will be a terrible person. Let's see if this works.

ETA was gonna say it's nothing fishy, but it's Courtesans & Fishcakes so that'd be a lie.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
ONLY FOR MAINECOONMAMA!!

If any one clicks on this I will know who you are, which will be a terrible person. Let's see if this works.

ETA was gonna say it's nothing fishy, but it's Courtesans & Fishcakes so that'd be a lie.
Omg, thank you so much. Unfortunately it says I can't accept it in my country. Thank you though, you special bear. ♥

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Omg, thank you so much. Unfortunately it says I can't accept it in my country. Thank you though, you special bear. ♥
Oh dagnabbit, isn't Amazon supposed to be dominating the globe FFS?
Could any fraus help me suck less at this please?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
It's my birthday soon, I usually get a book from my husband so I'll show him this and ask him to buy it for me.
I just checked and it's definitely affordable. Yay!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Kindle gets divided by country. My mother and I tried to set up a shared Kindle library for ourselves once and couldn't because we live in different countries.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
@TheDragonWithAFlagon I pushed myself out for a swim this morning with your lovely 'weighted blanket' comment from the MT as motivation -and it really helped, I know this must sound perverse but buoyancy is something I've been struggling with while getting back into the water (it makes me feel out of control, if that makes sense). Thank you!

I am so happy that it helped you!

I always find it harder when I go back after a long break (in this case, years, thanks to bloody Covid and the almost complete dominance of 'Booked for Swimming Club' every day of the week) - but after a few sessions, I love the sensations of moving through the water again.

• Heart
Kindle gets divided by country. My mother and I tried to set up a shared Kindle library for ourselves once and couldn't because we live in different countries.
That defies the entire point to me but I appreciate legal rights and whatnot are probably involved.

Well, because Amazon suck, the first UK bod with a kindle that would like to read the extremely interesting sounding book about the ancient Greeks may now click that link with my blessings.

I was very grateful for the recommendation and would like to pay the happy forward so please accept it and do the same in some small way ☺

• Heart
It's my birthday soon, I usually get a book from my husband so I'll show him this and ask him to buy it for me.
I just checked and it's definitely affordable. Yay!
548964D5-1493-4A46-8AA0-A83C7C735A42.jpeg
Couldn’t work out how to do it as a pre pay book for you to download , so hopefully this works ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 24
You guys.. I've had such a week. It cost us $300 to take Pooh to the vet, it was my (late mum's birthday on the 1st and I'm missing her. I'm overwhelmed. Thank @PunkyMonkey and @BubbleDuck. I hope your kindness comes back tenfold and your gods bless you.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
You guys.. I've had such a week. It cost us $300 to take Pooh to the vet, it was my (late mum's birthday on the 1st and I'm missing her. I'm overwhelmed. Thank @PunkyMonkey and @BubbleDuck. I hope your kindness comes back tenfold and your gods bless you.
A couple of years ago I was out for my birthday and I asked the barman if I'd missed the happy hour; when he said no I expressed my relief and told him that I was celebrating my birthday and now I could try more cocktails.

After our first round he brought over a free shot of the most expensive tequila they had, for everyone at my table, just because I didn't ask.

That stuck with me, and although I like to help people who ask for things I'm more aware of those who don't <3

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Reading today's F&D, um, I seem to have something in my eye, oh no, now it's both of them! @BubbleDuck, you lovely thing

❤ to you, @MaineCoonMama on your tough week
And
❤ to the all the unruly fraus here.

Now duck off!

• Heart
Reactions: 21
My eyes are watering so much since Sideboard Cat came back. That must be what it is. And pollen. Lots of pollen that I don't normally react to. Has there ever been a lovelier canal? No, now get to absolute duck.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.