Food and Drink #28

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Much cooler ladies :) I have Badger's fleece plus the other five Shetland crosses separately and they're going off to a lady in Aberdeenshire to be made into something. It was going to be a rug, but they're so lovely and soft I'm thinking chunky cowls instead. Our shearer this year was superb, they were really calm with him and not one of mine got a nick.

View attachment 1377845
They look so strokeable. 😍

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Hi all, finally found this thread. Haven't grunked or anything but just wanted to share this recipe I've made a few times, it's the nicest cheesecake I've ever had. Hopefully it's legible! I had to stop making it so often because "keeping some in the freezer for when friends come over" somehow turned into "having a big slice every night after dinner". According to the book you can half the recipe in a 20x20cm tin or quarter it in a bread loaf tin, but I haven't tried that
IMG_20220629_143433.jpg

After reading through this thread and seeing some lovely black cats I can't not share a few pics of my two
Screenshot_20220629_150519.jpg
Screenshot_20220629_150506.jpg
Screenshot_20220629_150400.jpg
Screenshot_20220629_150451.jpg
Screenshot_20220629_150349.jpg
Screenshot_20220629_150430.jpg

Screenshot_20220629_151346.jpg
Screenshot_20220629_150412.jpg
Screenshot_20220629_151357.jpg
Screenshot_20220629_151406.jpg

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
that’s Ed kimbers book isn’t it. V good. Not tried that one yet.
Yep, I've only made that and the vegan PB&J cheesecake so far, wasn't expecting to like it as the combo sounded a bit weird for a cheesecake but it was actually really nice

Reactions: 13
Hi all, finally found this thread. Haven't grunked or anything but just wanted to share this recipe I've made a few times, it's the nicest cheesecake I've ever had. Hopefully it's legible! I had to stop making it so often because "keeping some in the freezer for when friends come over" somehow turned into "having a big slice every night after dinner". According to the book you can half the recipe in a 20x20cm tin or quarter it in a bread loaf tin, but I haven't tried that
View attachment 1378173

After reading through this thread and seeing some lovely black cats I can't not share a few pics of my two
Your cats are glorious!

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Your kitties are gorgeous @binkbonk :love: welcome to the cat canal.

Sending toe beanos to everyone who wants them. You can look but don't be tempted to touch, unless you have very quick reflexes. I'm still not allowed to sit on this chair because I don't have the heart to boot her off just so I can put my feet up.

more toe beans.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Your kitties are gorgeous @binkbonk :love: welcome to the cat canal.

Sending toe beanos to everyone who wants them. You can look but don't be tempted to touch, unless you have very quick reflexes. I'm still not allowed to sit on this chair because I don't have the heart to boot her off just so I can put my feet up.

View attachment 1378387
Forbidden beans 😻

(All your worry was for nowt dear T-S, that cat is so happy and content back at home with their slave owner who adores them ❤ )

• Heart
Reactions: 20
#notallbrontes - this is the brilliant Kate Beaton (Hark A Vagrant) explaining why Anne is the best Bronte. The MT really does have the most fascinating diversions.
Screenshot_20220629-174123_kindlephoto-2171960937.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
@binkbonk your black kitties look so much like one of our dearest family pets that shuffled off this mortal coil not long ago 🥲 black cats are so lovely

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I feel like I should add to the cat canal. Here's Mr B giving me the side eye because I disturbed his snooze. Sister cat is out and about doing cat things because she's a cat - unlike this dope who thinks he's a baby.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Oh your cat pictures are making me want my own. However as I have 3 dogs that’s probably not sensible. Especially as the puppy is going through an annoying stage of biting all things.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Any Scottish frau/herr getting eaten alive by midgies just now? Normally I don’t get bothered by them but the past few evenings I’ve been covered in bites ffs wee b*st*rds

• Sad
Reactions: 15
you'd better believe I'll be joining in the catto spammo next week when we're up in the proper north with 4 kitties!

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Any Scottish frau/herr getting eaten alive by midgies just now? Normally I don’t get bothered by them but the past few evenings I’ve been covered in bites ffs wee b*st*rds
Have you tried Avon's skin so soft original body oil spray ? I find it stops any wee beasties biting if I spray it on my bare arms and legs.

Reactions: 16
Have you tried Avon's skin so soft original body oil spray ? I find it stops any wee beasties biting if I spray it on my bare arms and legs.
Thank you - I’ve not completed it mate !

Need to track some down - funnily enough a customer mentioned that to me the other day and I completely forgot because I’m a doofus

Reactions: 17
Second the Skin So Soft - they'll still land on you, but they won't bite.

Haven't had any up here yet, but we're coastal and it's often too breezy for them.

Reactions: 16
Sending hugs @Into_the_tunnel Jack is so harmful with her words.
Thank you. ❤ It’s just been a weird few days, exacerbated by the MT. It is also difficult to express oneself without hurting or annoying others- I don’t want to always come across as the “naive one” or the one who continually bangs the same drum.

(Hotes, thinking of you and Traumy S-piddly weights came into the shop- it’s like we are selling stuff for you, obviously not the piddly bit, I mean the weights!)

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Thank you. ❤ It’s just been a weird few days, exacerbated by the MT. It is also difficult to express oneself without hurting or annoying others- I don’t want to always come across as the “naive one” or the one who continually bangs the same drum.

(Hotes, thinking of you and Traumy S-piddly weights came into the shop- it’s like we are selling stuff for you, obviously not the piddly bit, I mean the weights!)
FWIW I always appreciate your contributions. You come across as a genuinely kind, decent person when you highlight your concerns about Jack, and you're also so very knowledgeable on so many things.

I would tell you to please never think twice before posting, but that would be denying your thoughtful nature, which is one of the reasons your posts are so valuable.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.