Food and Drink #28

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Are those seed pods on the top? Has it been well watered? Has it been fed? 🥱
It’s been well watered. They look like pods to me but wasn’t sure if I should leave them to open by themselves or what to do with them tbh. I’m really not very green fingered. I buy loads of plants and put them in pots in our yard. I water them regularly and haven’t fed them for a while but will buy food later when I go to the shops.

Reactions: 11
It’s been well watered. They look like pods to me but wasn’t sure if I should leave them to open by themselves or what to do with them tbh. I’m really not very green fingered. I buy loads of plants and put them in pots in our yard. I water them regularly and haven’t fed them for a while but will buy food later when I go to the shops.
If they are seed pods, and not flower buds remove them. Once a plant has set seed it won't flower

Reactions: 13
I was nosying the background, I love your green collection!

I agree with @Captainmouse going to seed normally means no more flowers. The BBC gardener's world website has loads of tips and facts worth following. Also, there is an app called 'Picture This'. You can take a photo of a leaf/flower and it identifies plants for you and gives you tips for looking after them. That one is great for random little houseplants like succulents. I discovered one of my ferns was not even a fern, even though it's called asparagus fern. Helps me look after them better. (I use the free function, never subscribed.)

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Speaking of old animals, I was able to catch my OldWoohPony yesterday with ease (and a carrot.) I had a feeling that after the other day of human touch he'd be amenable for more!

He had a forelock trim, as really he's been as wild as a brumby for a senile year. Now he can see easily, and not think predators are all around him. He had lovely grooming, and he was so happy and comfortable. The other two were shocked that he was "getting all the attention" and played show off zoomies around the paddock, looking over their shoulders to make sure I was watching to see how special and interesting they are. They are going on one of our long trail bushwalks on Thursday.

I've slept from 6pm to 2am. OOPS. I'm back to bed for a couple of hours!

Here's some pony photos, old crazy first 💥💚
Screenshot_20220713-022844_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20220713-022828_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20220713-022754_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20220713-022652_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Sorry for chatting about this so much. It’s so warm this is all I can think about!

But if anyone’s interested, here‘s a link to the images released today from the James Web Space telescope. There’s some cool features where you can zoom in on the images, which is worth doing since they‘re so detailed.

This telescope is such a game-changer for our knowledge of the whole universe. It’s sending images from stars and galaxies as they were seen billions of years ago! It will help us understand what happened just after the Big Bang, as well as so many other cool things.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Speaking of old animals, I was able to catch my OldWoohPony yesterday with ease (and a carrot.) I had a feeling that after the other day of human touch he'd be amenable for more!

He had a forelock trim, as really he's been as wild as a brumby for a senile year. Now he can see easily, and not think predators are all around him. He had lovely grooming, and he was so happy and comfortable. The other two were shocked that he was "getting all the attention" and played show off zoomies around the paddock, looking over their shoulders to make sure I was watching to see how special and interesting they are. They are going on one of our long trail bushwalks on Thursday.

I've slept from 6pm to 2am. OOPS. I'm back to bed for a couple of hours!

Here's some pony photos, old crazy first 💥💚
View attachment 1411493View attachment 1411498View attachment 1411500View attachment 1411501
The silver brumby was a fav cartoon series! Ahhhhhh! Brumbies!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I’ve just made the mistake of having a lovely cool bath, thinking that drying off in front of the fan would cool me down even further . I have to be cautious when it’s hot weather because overheating and lack of sleep both lower my seizure threshold. The 10 mins I was in the bath were pure bliss but the downside is that now everything else seems even hotter by contrast 🤦‍♀️

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
You've done the right thing, though: lowered your core temperature

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I’ve just made the mistake of having a lovely cool bath, thinking that drying off in front of the fan would cool me down even further . I have to be cautious when it’s hot weather because overheating and lack of sleep both lower my seizure threshold. The 10 mins I was in the bath were pure bliss but the downside is that now everything else seems even hotter by contrast 🤦‍♀️
I go full white trash in the heat. Currently in vest and short pj's with feet in a bucket of icy water. It's as trashy as it sounds, really feels good though!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
I just learned that police dogs in Zurich get issued with booties when the asphalt is too hot:

la-policia-de-zuric-protegeix-els-peus-dels-gossos-perque-no-es-cremin-a-l-asfalt-quan-fa-calor.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Sorry for chatting about this so much. It’s so warm this is all I can think about!

But if anyone’s interested, here‘s a link to the images released today from the James Web Space telescope. There’s some cool features where you can zoom in on the images, which is worth doing since they‘re so detailed.

This telescope is such a game-changer for our knowledge of the whole universe. It’s sending images from stars and galaxies as they were seen billions of years ago! It will help us understand what happened just after the Big Bang, as well as so many other cool things.

Weird coincidence, the last two days I've been listening to the band WASP on repeat (they remind me of happier times) and here's an exoplanet WASP. I know the acronym stands for something else but it's heckin' metal enough to make me smile. Fangs, Sidey B. 😊
DBDCF877-C1B5-4F48-A66A-90DCFC9FE242.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Weird coincidence, the last two days I've been listening to the band WASP on repeat (they remind me of happier times) and here's an exoplanet WASP. I know the acronym stands for something else but it's heckin' metal enough to make me smile. Fangs, Sidey B. 😊 View attachment 1411526
Very happy to make you smile MCM! I hadn’t thought of it that way, but so much of space is so metal! 🤟🏻

@Sideboard Bob The Google Doodle is honouring it!

View attachment 1411529
Omg that’s too cute! 😍

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Here's the smol idiot, cooking herself like a potato. At least she's had the sense to go to sleep under the table now so she's getting some cool air from the fan. She's never attempted to eat Cornettos or Magnums @Hollaaa maybe because they're the vegan version? Although that's never stopped her drinking oat milk when I'm not looking. I really fancy one now but Sainsbury's is a 25 minute walk away and I'm SO TIRED. Send Cornetto-os.

smol idiot.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Just had ooooh ooooh ooooooh Nightmeat Nightmeat pop into my head. Maybe time for a pre-bed snacko...

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Sideboard Cat is sick of me performing violent dance moves around the flat singing OHHHHHHHH OHH OHH NIGHTMEAT as I've been doing it for about a week now. It was just that little snippet going round and round in my head for days before I started trying to make it. May I suggest a little snacko of cheap wet ham, snaffled directly from the fridge, fed slice by slippery sodden slice directly down your throat as if you were a sexy python à la Mom?

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.