Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Vanelope

VIP Member
Back in the mists of time - I was doing professional qualifications as well as working full time and supposedly having a relationship with someone we shall call AF (absolute fuckwit). This person always seemed to want to pick a fight and break up the night before I had an exam and then hook up again a few days later if I drove the 30 miles to theirs. It was one of my friends who noticed the pattern before I even did. AF was in the end a cheater who felt better when I was insecure.

Your friend’s partner is being an AF also and is possibly feeling insecure or covering up bad behaviour with projection.

• Heart
Reactions: 24

Vanelope

VIP Member
May I call upon the might of the ninnies today?

I have a job interview this morning for something I really, really want to get.

With the power of the fraus standing shoulder-to-shoulder with me, a mere simple kitten, I would feel able to shine and be the best version of myself.

I'm really nervous, typing this from the bath, unable to read my research notes one more time.

Thankyou
The power of Mariska compels you

• Heart

Sideboard Bob

VIP Member
There is a my naughty little sister story where she has chicken pox and is cheered up by some old dears treasure box. After I had children I discovered the little sister wasn't very naughty , just curious
That was the one, yes! It’s so interesting looking back and realising these things about stories.

I had to share this photo of my boys, they're sitting nicely together without Pooh either cleaning Thor or suffocating him with hugs.
No heckin' bork borks from da floofs.
View attachment 1375243
I for one welcome our new cat overlords.

• Haha
  • Heart

hollywood

Went to bed suffering from embarrassment at my inability to upload on here. My big cat didn’t show up and I told the kids to leave a window open . No sign of him all night. No shouting for his breakfast . Totally got the fear ,went out the back and shouted him and he unrolled himself from a chair in the garden like a big fat slug. He’s definitely getting food from some poor sucker because he’s putting on weight at some rate.
Anyway good morning troops .have a good one .

• Heart

Jay-cloth Cow

VIP Member
I can't offer any insight here, I think @heretoreaditall2019 and @Rekyavikgirl might be the best women to give you some advice but just wanted to send huge hugs, it's a hell of a position to be in and I'm so sorry you have this decision to make.

PS I've grunked but cannot find who it is that's dealing with an inquest. I have a friend currently going through similar (I don't think you're the same person!) and I know how hard it can be. Sending sparkly vibes to you too, just know this internet stranger is thinking of you xX
Thank you lovely - it's tough and v sensitive so don't want to overstep boundaries! Xx

• Heart

bowiethesdmn

VIP Member
Awww, I love elderly pets. He looks so sweet.
I had to take Pooh to the vet today (he's fine, got some antibiotics for a cough) and there was a puppy there called Douglas.
Douglas, I was trying so hard not to laugh.
This reminds me of a female sausage dog I met in a pub. She had a sparkly pink collar and was called Barry

• Haha
Reactions: 23

EddieBeds

VIP Member
@Froggies not sure how to quote across threads when a thread is closed but hope you’ve enjoyed Goodwood?
I have really fond memories of when I went with a friend (and her parents) as a late teen and met a lot of my dad’s motorcycle hero’s - gave up meeting Ewan McGregor who I was in love with at the time to meet Mick Doohan! To be fair the heroes of my dad I met were great and happily chatted to me and I met Nicky Hayden (RIP :cry:) who was really sweet. Also met Jenson Button who hands down was absolutely gorgeous at the time and very friendly.

I (still) watch motorcycle racing and Wayne Rainey who was left paralysed from the chest down as a result of an accident in the early 90s got back on his Yamaha, which had been adapted and went up the hill at Goodwood this week. It was so emotional to watch (they showed it ahead of the Moto GP race today) - it was the first time he got back on his bike since the accident. I was too young to remember it other than my parents reaction to it.

Loving the nostalgic book chat. Sweet Valley High was pure trashy gold as a pre teen and I loved the Babysitters Club. I remember reading a lot of Enid Blyton as an early reader - anyone remember Amelia Jane?

• Heart

Switchstreetz

VIP Member
Sending my love to Hotes, JCC and all the fraus, I can't offer any advice, just that I hope all turns out well for you (and for your friend JCC).

What a cutie!

I managed to get interviews for both jobs I applied for, please send good luckeroos for next week please 🤞
Have a 4 leaf clover-o, good luck!

• Heart

Scotty1976

Chatty Member
Congratulations JCC on your engagement 💐 your dog is absolutely gorgeous they get big so quickly. Hotes so sorry for your loss hope you have people round you at this time .I wish I could take everyone that's struggling and give them a big cuddle and just listen to them if they need it

• Heart
@heretoreaditall2019

Didn't want to derail the main thread, but, got excited that you're about Soho work-wise. Babes, same! I bet we've seen each other without ever realising it!

If you see a miserable mare riding a pastel green Pendleton, give me a wave! xxx
Omg hello dear heart! You cycle?! Omg you brave soul! How is that for you? Tbh that area doesn’t look as bad as Shoreditch way which feels like hell for cyclists.

I’m very rarely in the office these days thankfully/sadly 😭 are you in a lot? And are you in fashion or books or theatre loool if you don’t mind me asking? It still feels less busy than pre pandemic doesn’t it. I read some research that said it’s -20% but it feels like less than half ngl.

Also so excited the American candy shops are getting busted 😂

• Heart
  • Haha

Kittypops

VIP Member
Lots of love to all canalers on this hot/cold Sloppurday ❤❤❤ (@traumatised sideboard --Landslide (drum n bass mix) has just come on here!)

Fact fans: the word 'slop' dates back to the mid-16th century and comes from 'slushy mud' - early sightings of a puddle, perhaps? And cow dung. One for the 1578 truthers.

• Haha
  • Heart

Cookiecookie

VIP Member
It sounds like a struggle @Into_the_tunnel She manages to just set so many people's buttons off, with no thought whatsoever. I hope Tunnel dog doesn't scare you like that again.

We had air con put in last year, and the dog became such a dickhead about it. He'd come in, start panting heavily, and then look pointedly at it. He's too cold just now, so we've been letting him sleep inside. Not that he's any good as a guard dog, unless you have flowers. He hates florists. Never, ever gives a shit about any single other person who comes near or on our property, but heaven forbid you're carrying a bouquet, he goes mad.

• Haha
  • Heart

Hollaaa

VIP Member
Congrats JCC!

I am a pilates fan, that and swimming and stomping about moodily in unsuitable footwear are the only kinds of exercise that have stuck for me. Oh and dancing in my kitchen or on nights out.

• Heart

Sideboard Bob

VIP Member
@Jay-cloth Cow I get that your friend is your priority just now, but please make sure you look out for yourself too, it can’t be easy seeing someone you care about going through that.

Like others have said, you’re a wonderful and considerate friend and she is lucky to have you looking out for her.

• Heart

MistyWindows

VIP Member
61BC4F10-0C09-4799-8232-0A7EC2E70F19.jpeg

Another vintage children’s book illustration, I don’t even want to know the context 😅

My favourite ice lollies are those fancy (ohhhh fancy) orange ones that supermarkets do, bloody lovely.
63D5C6BA-27EE-4CE6-8123-03409A2DBB23.jpeg

• Heart

Falkor

VIP Member
Tobermory! Haven't been for years, but if the Mull Bakery is still on the front, I still have fond dreams of their oat crumblies.

Add me to the list of smear tested fraus too, had it on Monday. I have a small Bartholin's cyst at the moment, so got that checked while she was down there! Sadly not burstable, but not infected either.

• Heart

Captainmouse

VIP Member
Years ago, I had a cat who used to go out in the rain, get soaked, come in and jump all over you, yelling, until you rubbed him down with a towel. He would then go out again

• Haha

colouredlines

VIP Member
I really am in awe of gym Frau. I come from a very sporty family- I have newspaper clippings of my great grandfather swimming in the St Lawrence river in Montreal. Father played for the Montreal Canadiens hockey reserves. Mum was a swimming instructor, brothers play footy and cricket yet I am a dedicated bookworm/gentle walker. If I wasn't a carbon copy of my mum I'd swear I was adopted.
Anyhoo, it's a gorgeous winter day here, I'm going to drop some pasta off at the street food bank and go look at some ducks.
Fingers and eyes crossed for the Canal job seekers. Blessed be ♥
My mum is a long-distance runner, and my dad was a big rugby player until a certain age, but I didn't do any sport until I was 30. Went for a run on a whim one day, couldn't even manage 1km, and felt so embarrassed that I started a Couch to 5K programme the next day.

I ran for a couple of years until I injured my knee in a half-marathon, but I never really enjoyed it - I just liked the feeling of having finished. When I got into yoga, something clicked - I love that a good yoga programme combines cardio, strength, and flexibility, and I'm so happy whenever I feel myself making progress.

I hike a lot too, and I love it so much, but summer here is not the best time. Speaking of which, our mosquitos seem to have evolved this year, the plug-in does nothing... 😖

• Heart