Food and Drink #25 Collaborative coconut chaos

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Today is Star Wars day (May the 4th be with you), no smol pixie will spoil that for me.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
As an aside. I was in the doctors today and while I was waiting, a posho student came in for “a medical to renew his firearm license.”

Huh?

I bet he had a Gu for his dessert this evening.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
I can't even with the MT. Jesus she is awful.

Lightening the mood by recommending the BBC sitcom 'Here We Go'. It's a bit cheesy, you'll see the jokes coming a mile off, but all the cast make it work. The fifth episode, the mum (Jen off IT Crowd) thinks she can speak Italian and wants Limencello. 100% how I imagine Jack crawling about the alleys of Venice. Sniffing Salamis and huffing gelato.
I just looked it up and can’t believe how old Alison Steadman is looking. Does anyone else imagine actors as whatever age they were when you first saw them in something?! I forget they’re ageing too

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I just looked it up and can’t believe how old Alison Steadman is looking. Does anyone else imagine actors as whatever age they were when you first saw them in something?! I forget they’re ageing too
Granny is the best character.

Honestly, it's the type of show I'd normally eyeroll hard at, but, I really enjoyed it and binged them on iplayer.

Reactions: 11
Another Simpsons memory has just been unlocked. In our Religious Studies lessons the teacher used to put The Simpsons on all the time and that was it, that was the studies. This is why I have half an E in RS but can deploy Simpsons memes 15 years later so swings and roundabouts really.

Also please enjoy this old picture of our tortoise devouring a slice of courgette with menace.

View attachment 1240140
to be honesti know which skill is more useful 😂 reminded me of the epiosde where mrs krapabble is just loading video after video on the projector 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Yeah it was depressing to see how old she looked. At least she’s got the sense to play her as scouse pam.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Yeah it was depressing to see how old she looked. At least she’s got the sense to play her as scouse pam.
I still see her as Beverly in Abigail’s Party and that was out in 1977!

I’ll definitely add Here We Go to my ever growing to watch list

Reactions: 15
I couldn't put my finger on who it was at first, the accent threw me. 'Scouse Pam' has made me hoot!

Reactions: 11
I’ve never seen Abigail’s party, would I like it if I saw it for the first time now? I saw 4weddings and a funeral only about 5years ago and didn’t get why it was so popular, would this be similar or is it still good?

I’ve never seen Abigail’s party, would I like it if I saw it for the first time now? I saw 4weddings and a funeral only about 5years ago and didn’t get why it was so popular, would this be similar or is it still good?
I’d say Abigail’s party is of it’s time. I was born in 1991 and even though it’s a bit old fashioned it’s gloriously camp.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I think it's one of those things like Monty Python (which I personally can't work myself into a froth for) that's such a British cultural touchstone it's more education than entertainment at this point. I think I saw it in the 90s when I was about 19 so possibly the wrong age and era for it.

Abigail's Party is very cringe comedy too. I do feel awkward for the characters in certain scenes.

Definitely old fashioned but it has some hilarious moments. It’s so awkward to watch because of the cringe but I’d definitely give it a go @emm

Plus Jacqueline off Benidorm is in it and I just want her to suggest a threesome with everybody.

• Haha
Omg this is Dizzee rascal for me! Even worse I just googled his expecting late 40s and he’s only 37? This doesn’t really answer your question does it knowing he’s not in fact that much older he just looks like someone’s uncle now?

@EddieBeds the edit to that cake 😂😭 was the zoo very busy? We went to a farm over bank holiday weekend and I was so surprised at how empty it was?!

• Haha
Reactions: 15
you will all no doubt be thrilled to hear that our cooker is fixed!

turned out the wires in the switch on the wall were completely fucked up and burned out and it seems we were very lucky to have avoided a horrible accident 😶

we are celebrating with barbecue pork skewers and mashed potato

• Heart
Reactions: 31
you will all no doubt be thrilled to hear that our cooker is fixed!

turned out the wires in the switch on the wall were completely fucked up and burned out and it seems we were very lucky to have avoided a horrible accident 😶

we are celebrating with barbecue pork skewers and mashed potato
✨✨🥳 TOOT TOOT!!! 🥳✨✨

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
Hoping our beloved dear heart @MancBee checks his notifications but oh my love 😞❤ It’s so heartbreaking to hear lived experiences like that and I’m so sorry that was ever even allowed to be said. You were tagged by another frau (sorry can’t remember who?) on this thread in your absence but imagine you came back to a billion notifications so may have missed it! But welcoming you to our safe space whilst the MT is a hellhole. How have you been? x

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.