Food and Drink #25 Collaborative coconut chaos

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Let the off-topic conversation continue. It's #Facturday every Saturday so bring your best facts, unless like me you're an idiot who doesn't know any facts and then you can constantly be astounded by facts. Did you know snakes have toenails? That's just one of the many facts we have learnt.

Some words we use on here and what they mean

Lots of us on here originate from the Jack Monroe threads, and because of this we use some in-joke words and phrases. Everyone is welcome, of course, so here is a post from Switch that might help:

I love that we've organically basically created our own phrases and words – it’s like the internet equivalent of a regional accent!

All are welcome here! Please do feel free to talk about food/drink/life in general! To avoid any confusion some common things/words you might see:

Fraus / frauen – the witty ladies and gentlemen of the Jack Monroe threads were once referred to as a ‘a cabal of sad little hausfraus’ or something like it and we all loved it and adopted it as a term of endearment (so you may see someone say ‘hey fraus!’ Or ‘how are the cabal today?’ Or sometimes bastardised to 'canal')

🔺️ – triangulation warning! (as in to make yourself potentially locatable/identifiable to a washed up food blogger with a 100% success rate in court and an obsession with tattlers)

Grunking/having a grunka/a grunka lunka – to catch up on lots of posts (named after the wonderful @GrunkaLunka )

'Now duck off xx' – you might see us put this at the end of our posts, but we're just joking around don't worry!

‘I’M BUSY/something about a piss and a sandwich’ again mocking Jack Monroe who on #31 of her threads joined Tattle and tried to turn it into her bloody diary with a bunch of long self pitying posts, but had the nerve to ask if she ‘could go now’ for a piss and a sandwich to which the cabal were like ... ‘Yes please. Go. We have been telling you to leave for hours.’
ALSO:

MT or Mother Thread means the Jack Monroe thread.
We might mention Vladimir Putin / ‘Vlad’ and be paid with bitcoin.
Please feel welcome to join in - the thread is about food and drink, but also everything and anything else.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
@Jay-cloth Cow No sign, but I was planning to get up early and take the quad up the peat tracks where my neighbour's missing ones would normally be. However, I've just stayed up to midnight finishing the last 300 pages of the most recent Robert Galbraith novel and so it might not be quite as early as I thought!

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
Thank you for the new thread 😊 we love the jazzing up, please never stop !

I have no facts, but I have been playing a game where you are dropped into a part of the world and have to guess where you are from a video clip

ETA aww, so close!
Screenshot_20220424-023146_Free Adblocker Browser.jpg
Screenshot_20220424-023215_Free Adblocker Browser.jpg
Screenshot_20220424-023155_Free Adblocker Browser.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Been out for an hour, covered about 12 miles of road and tracks, no sign of her :(

• Sad
Reactions: 32
@Jay-cloth Cow No sign, but I was planning to get up early and take the quad up the peat tracks where my neighbour's missing ones would normally be. However, I've just stayed up to midnight finishing the last 300 pages of the most recent Robert Galbraith novel and so it might not be quite as early as I thought!
A very long time ago I bought this book and fell in love with the cover, it's been my secret happy place for daydreams - you've made it so real, and knowing more about the hard work and sad/difficult everyday underpinnings has been really appreciated. That Robert Galbraith book was worth staying up with, I can't remember a bigger gulf between pre-publication chat and actual content!
Screenshot_20220424_080747.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 16
PXL_20220423_133037190-01.jpeg
PXL_20220423_133214020.MP-01.jpeg

A couple of pictures from my Dublin trip so far 🙂 So many libraries and book shops! First time here and a big fan already

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 40
Ahh @Falkor i hope you find your lost sheep, must be a worrying time. Let’s hope she turns up safe and well.
Thank you all for your birthday wishes; Mrs. B made the most delicious rum cake with Bailey’s icing, and I now have to loosen the old belt another notch 😋 There was so much rum in it Fraus, it made me cough 😂 Good times!!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
I opened the egg. Blimey.

20220424_091146.jpg

Normal sized coffee mug for scale!
20220424_091233.jpg

20220424_091244.jpg

Another tin!! Truly the storage Gods have blessed me this Easter!
20220424_091311.jpg

20220424_091336.jpg

20220424_091510.jpg

Still haven't eaten any of it - there's a little bit of backstory to this.

Easter eggs are what started my binge eating habit about 40 years ago. This is sort of an experiment, done with my counsellors approval, to see where my feelings are around them. Part of the reason for splurging on an Ostrich was that I simply cannot physically eat this much chocolate in one go, although I could probably do it in a single day. The fact that it has been here nearly 24 hours and I haven't yet eaten any of it is a good sign that the changes really are sticking.

• Heart
Reactions: 43

View attachment 1217019

View attachment 1217020
View attachment 1217022

View attachment 1217025

View attachment 1217026

View attachment 1217027

Easter eggs are what started my binge eating habit about 40 years ago. This is sort of an experiment, done with my counsellors approval, to see where my feelings are around them. Part of the reason for splurging on an Ostrich was that I simply cannot physically eat this much chocolate in one go, although I could probably do it in a single day. The fact that it has been here nearly 24 hours and I haven't yet eaten any of it is a good sign that the changes really are sticking.
That’s a really big step forward. Ex ED Herr here, saying a massive well done x

• Heart
Reactions: 24

View attachment 1217019

View attachment 1217020
View attachment 1217022

View attachment 1217025

View attachment 1217026

View attachment 1217027

That’s such good news. Sending hugs up north across the wall ❤

(still concerned about how to actually break it open)

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I hate the way every time I get sick I think it's Covid! Woke up with a sore dry throat and sniffles. I can't get hold of a rapid test until tomorrow afternoon, everything will be shut until 1pm as it's ANZAC day. I'm sure it's not Covid but I was on public transport last week.
I don't know. I feel bad whinging when I should be thinking of war heroes and the fallen at Gallipoli but I feel like pooooooooo.

• Heart
@Jay-cloth Cow and anyone else who would like to know: to close an old thread you have to report your own post about the new thread in the old thread and put 'new thread, please close' as the reason. You could spice it up by adding 'thanks babe xx' or 'cheers pal' just to sweeten them up for when the name change solstice comes around.

Bloody hell @Falkor that's even more substantial than I thought. I retract my earlier statement that I would punch it like a flying officer brother at Christmas. I would not.

I forgot to thank @Captainmouse for being the creator of the coconut chaos and the original thread title suggestion, sorry dear heart ❤

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Just noticed there's a cat photo thread in Advice on here, called Share My Cat 😻

• Heart
Reactions: 21
A very long time ago I bought this book and fell in love with the cover, it's been my secret happy place for daydreams - you've made it so real, and knowing more about the hard work and sad/difficult everyday underpinnings has been really appreciated. That Robert Galbraith book was worth staying up with, I can't remember a bigger gulf between pre-publication chat and actual content!View attachment 1216900
Excellent surname there too. I love old/weird books, regardless of topic. Got one somewhere that's a history of the colour mauve which I need to get round to reading.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Tonight’s dinner was ham, champ and these adorable mini carrots! Inadvertent Tassimo product placement but I’m POOR and don’t have any pods in.

Hope you’re all well xx

8FA53500-E501-4F8B-8BA4-3CEE040D1463.jpeg

• Heart
Tonight’s dinner was ham, champ and these adorable mini carrots! Inadvertent Tassimo product placement but I’m POOR and don’t have any pods in.

Hope you’re all well xx

View attachment 1218799
This is probably a stupid question but do they keep their colour when they're cooked? My mum gave me some purple runner beans which when cooked are ordinary green.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
@Jay-cloth Cow and anyone else who would like to know: to close an old thread you have to report your own post about the new thread in the old thread and put 'new thread, please close' as the reason. You could spice it up by adding 'thanks babe xx' or 'cheers pal' just to sweeten them up for when the name change solstice comes around.

Bloody hell @Falkor that's even more substantial than I thought. I retract my earlier statement that I would punch it like a flying officer brother at Christmas. I would not.

I forgot to thank @Captainmouse for being the creator of the coconut chaos and the original thread title suggestion, sorry dear heart ❤
I didn’t coin it, but I think I inadvertently caused it.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.