Food and Drink #25 Collaborative coconut chaos

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
bleeping LJC @panda-eyes how on earth did you triangulate that?! Yes, that's the one. Now please imagine that with the phone in, aerial sticking out, clipped to the waistband of some baggy jeans (with wallet chain attached, obvs) being worn by a smol child with a longish kind of bowl cut riding an Argos skateboard with a graphic of an alien on it. I've tried to 🔺 the skateboard but it's just giving me loads of results of those creepy Argos aliens.

And no, I did not have any friends although that was probably unrelated to my fashion sense I'm sure it didn't help 😂

ETA: please make mushroom dust HTRIA. You've grated a mushroom, now you must dust one.

So behind but I have one week old orange peel to grate for us still! Maybe if the toddler nap gods blesseth I can do it tomorrow. I’m not sure why Jack is making me mix it with sugar but we shall see!

ETA - so sorry @Falkor for the insensitive timing of that post! Condolences 😞❤ xx

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Babe, same. If that was quorn or tivall I’d be in there 100%.

I love my air fryer soooo much but I’ve really only been using it for chips, sweet potato chips and quorn so far. My plan is to explore roasting frozen squash/cauliflower/sweet potato rubbed with oil and spice to add to a shop bought curry sauce. Also adding plain to salads.
ooh two chubby cubs have a roasted saag aloo Gobi that is lovely. Basically mix cauliflower and potato with oil and spice mix and while roasting them salute onions and spinach as you usually would and mix together at the end

• Heart
Reactions: 13
ooh two chubby cubs have a roasted saag aloo Gobi that is lovely. Basically mix cauliflower and potato with oil and spice mix and while roasting them salute onions and spinach as you usually would and mix together at the end
I’m not a veggie, but I am old, salute onions 🧅 we don’t know them

• Haha
Sorry to hear your news about April @Falkor. Do you do anything to commemorate those you have a close bond with?

• Heart
@Falkor can you make a cairn for her? Also I think she’s just bleeping with you, get the cairn up and she’ll saunter back.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
We make a cairn if they're buried in the fields, purely for practical reasons, to keep foxes from digging - we're so far from the fallen stock people that we're about the only mainland area still legally allowed to do on-farm burials - but no, we'll just remember her as we go about our day-to-day sheep jobs. Mr F is now very against putting the rest back out on the hill again, but I don't have enough grass to keep them in all year round.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 24
So sorry @Falkor . Animalos are buggers aren’t they. Worry us, make us sad, make us laugh, worry us some more.

Will you still look for her?

• Heart
We make a cairn if they're buried in the fields, purely for practical reasons, to keep foxes from digging - we're so far from the fallen stock people that we're about the only mainland area still legally allowed to do on-farm burials - but no, we'll just remember her as we go about our day-to-day sheep jobs. Mr F is now very against putting the rest back out on the hill again, but I don't have enough grass to keep them in all year round.
Whatever has happened, you know we‘ll remember her too xx

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Coming in so late to these discussions, but Top Gun is my favourite film of all the films. I can't explain it. Guess I'm just a maverick.

Every meme based on the Steamed Hams ep of the Simpsons makes me howl laughing. This one is a fave.

Edit: So sorry @Falkor, didn't mean to stomp in at a sad moment :(

• Haha
  • Heart
So sorry @Falkor . Animalos are buggers aren’t they. Worry us, make us sad, make us laugh, worry us some more.

Will you still look for her?
I will, but in all honesty, this is a ewe who, if she was on the hill and thought I wasn't taking food up often enough, would come to a spot on the hill fence where she could see me going between our crofts, would stand there and wait until she saw me and then bellow at me until I looked up and saw her and went and got a bucket. If she was capable of coming home, she in all likelihood would be bellowing at that fence. My last real hope was that she was with that other flock, because she's come in with them before. There is a very, very slim chance she may have drifted so far out that she's got in with a flock from the next village (no fence between their commons and ours) and sheep from our village do end up there occasionally, but no one's rung our grazing clerk to say that they think they've got a ewe from our village, and all their flocks are in for lambing now too. The only sheep out there are a few not in lamb ewes and last year's ewe lambs being kept as replacement ewes.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
One of my kids had their birthday this week - I’ve had to put the cake through the JM witness protection filter programme to minimise 🔺

F81D5229-42D5-449A-89E8-D827159DC39D.jpeg

Also had a bit of weird week…here it is in the style of gifs:

At a family wedding at the weekend:

and

09A25DA2-AA9C-4FE2-AAC4-162A7F80967D.jpeg

One child head butted an animal at a zoo over the Bank Holiday (they are fine, as is the animal - it was funny/horrific but too 🔺 to share):

Trying to get through my evening class:

At work today:

It’s been a rollercoaster🎢.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
I will, but in all honesty, this is a ewe who, if she was on the hill and thought I wasn't taking food up often enough, would come to a spot on the hill fence where she could see me going between our crofts, would stand there and wait until she saw me and then bellow at me until I looked up and saw her and went and got a bucket. If she was capable of coming home, she in all likelihood would be bellowing at that fence. My last real hope was that she was with that other flock, because she's come in with them before. There is a very, very slim chance she may have drifted so far out that she's got in with a flock from the next village (no fence between their commons and ours) and sheep from our village do end up there occasionally, but no one's rung our grazing clerk to say that they think they've got a ewe from our village, and all their flocks are in for lambing now too. The only sheep out there are a few not in lamb ewes and last year's ewe lambs being kept as replacement ewes.
❤.
Your stories are always filled with so much love for your sheep. It must be so sad for you.

Sending sheepo love up to the (real) north.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
F5EAAA31-1C6E-4104-B49F-53023E8D5136.jpeg

I’ve not done sock spam in many months and I love these ones.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
I can't even with the MT. Jesus she is awful.

Lightening the mood by recommending the BBC sitcom 'Here We Go'. It's a bit cheesy, you'll see the jokes coming a mile off, but all the cast make it work. The fifth episode, the mum (Jen off IT Crowd) thinks she can speak Italian and wants Limencello. 100% how I imagine Jack crawling about the alleys of Venice. Sniffing Salamis and huffing gelato.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
I’ve grown so tired of Jack that I have no will or
Inclination to look on the MT much at the moment. I’ve kind of realised it’s just the same old same old, rinse, repeat cycle and the media fall for it every time.

anyway, I hope everyone’s well. @Falkor I’m truly very sorry for your loss.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.