Food and Drink #24

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh I dropped to 4 days a few years ago. I have Wednesdays off and it is the BEST !!! Breaks up the week beautifully. Much better than a Friday off I think.
Similarly, I always preferred Thursday as my day off. In the office to deal with customary end of week dramas and enjoy that Friday feel, loving all the running around errands even hair appts, and life-admin being done so that Saturday and Sunday were days of gardening, entertaining, friends, family and REST and enjoying home

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Mine would definitely eat my face should I collapse in my flat instead of meowing for help, but luckily she's very cute so I let her stay...

Let's hope he doesn't have Google alerts set up for his pictures, otherwise he's going to discover he's leading a double life that even he wasn't aware of!
one of mibe would probably claw me to death trying to get attention, the other would probably just remain indifferent 😂

Similarly, I always preferred Thursday as my day off. In the office to deal with customary end of week dramas and enjoy that Friday feel, loving all the running around errands even hair appts, and life-admin being done so that Saturday and Sunday were days of gardening, entertaining, friends, family and REST and enjoying home
i hve never been able to do 4 days but i used to do tues-sat, not working Monday was amazing

• Heart
Reactions: 15
@Universal - my mum used to work 4 day weeks with Wed off. As did my old boss come to think of it. I like the idea of Wed, I think that's what I'd do if I had the option. It breaks the week up, I think it's easier to ignore things if you know you'll be back to deal with tomorrow rather than feeling like a whole 3 days will go by before you catch up and lots of people have Fridays off, or take it easy, so anything non-work you do will be busier on a Friday than a Wed!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Aw @Silver Linings I hope you stick around over here but I know what it's like to need a break, so do what you need to. Receipt-keeping and calling out bullshit is the most important part of the threads, the rest is just window dressing.
Apologies for re-raking and not sure where this will land. I rarely post as I’m always mega grunking and have a few MTs not complete yet:oops: but I saw mention to look over here and just wanted to add solidarity and thanks to @Silver Linings for all the thread starting. I don’t see on Twitter but remember the original planetary chaos🙄 Am so slow to catch on though as I take most people at face value.

By the way, loved The Dodo stoat clip back on the thread.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Well thank you friends! I have agreed with my boss to do compressed hours and so have one day off every other week (not yet decided what day!). This means that my salary remains the same which is what was concerning me (I am not one of the poors but I am a single mum). I have a lots of holidays so will be able to take leave to keep some of my other weeks shorter too. I can start as soon as HR process the paperwork.

Now I have a whole day every two weeks to ignore domestic chores and spend on Tattle instead 🦉 🍾

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Well thank you friends! I have agreed with my boss to do compressed hours and so have one day off every other week (not yet decided what day!). This means that my salary remains the same which is what was concerning me (I am not one of the poors but I am a single mum). I have a lots of holidays so will be able to take leave to keep some of my other weeks shorter too. I can start as soon as HR process the paperwork.

Now I have a whole day every two weeks to ignore domestic chores and spend on Tattle instead 🦉 🍾
Pretty much exactly what I’ve done all morning 😂😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 18

This sounds perfect! Especially having the extra tattle time 😂 it's my dream to work part-time hours for full-time pay, but I've only managed that so far when I was on reduced hours following cancer treatment - a bit of a drastic measure to get some time off, alas

• Heart
Reactions: 21

I do longer hours too it’s not so bad once you get used to it as you’re already there 😂🤣

I’m allergic to animal hair so this is all I have to offer I’m afraid although he could outrun all your animals even the horses

D37184A8-3A97-40CC-BFE3-D0B7D6A9F1B7.jpeg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 35
I do longer hours too it’s not so bad once you get used to it as you’re already there 😂🤣

I’m allergic to animal hair so this is all I have to offer I’m afraid although he could outrun all your animals even the horses

View attachment 1191233
My grandparents had tortoises , I don’t get why they have such a reputation for being so slow, you turn your back for one second and they have reached the other side of the garden 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
My friend found a tortoise, it had travelled 5 miles from its home, without getting run over

• Wow
  • Haha
What ho Frauen and Herrs! It’s been a while, RL has kept us BUSY and to be honest, I just can’t Jack at the moment (I’m not on Twitter, but have read a few pages of the recent threads which seem somewhat dark and odd in tone), so I thought I’d move over here instead, if you’ll have a smol Herr amongst you?

Mini Bellend successfully made toast this morning, then tried to cook ‘a egg’ in the meecro-wahve this morning. Whole. 🙄😳😬 I may have to knock the kitchen down and start again. Quite how egg managed to travel up to the ceiling beams is anybodys guess…

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
My grandparents had tortoises , I don’t get why they have such a reputation for being so slow, you turn your back for one second and they have reached the other side of the garden 😂
Forgot to add thy also adopted my cat when I went to uni, she never stopped looking totally bemused at the toirtoises, will try and hunt down a pic to share with the cabal 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Tortoises are the best. My nans popped up from hibernation in the hot week in March then it turned to freezing snowy weather so he fucked off back underground again and has only just re emerged. That’s never happened before so my Nan was getting a little worried for him. I figure if he can last 6 odd months without any food he can handle anything!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
Tortoises are the best. My nans popped up from hibernation in the hot week in March then it turned to freezing snowy weather so he fucked off back underground again and has only just re emerged. That’s never happened before so my Nan was getting a little worried for him. I figure if he can last 6 odd months without any food he can handle anything!
Being able to hibernate is actually my dream 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
We are at my parents and Little Beds has adopted a couple of garden snails 🐌. I’m working and he brought them through to me and tried to thrust them on me. No thank you :sick:.

@heretoreaditall2019 - virtual hugs. Sickness bugs are just grim all round. We had norovirus early last week - even though he was the only one who didn’t come down with it Mr Beds wasn’t particularly helpful with the clean up. Poor washing machine is probably relieved it’s got a mini holiday while we’re away!

On topic - we had cheese and biscuits for lunch and the brie rinds reminded me of the horror of the ‘Xmas cheese left over rinds cheese sauce’ Jack made :sick:. Mouldy cheese sauce, yum.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.