Food and Drink #22 Off-topic Jacktivities

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@Sideboard Bob I sang Blondie 'Heart of Glass' to my cat while she was in my arms earlier, complete with stroking her tum along with the guitar parts which she loved even though I am legitimately worse than Jack at singing. The cat doesn't know any better, bless her. Next time try Huey Lewis & The News 'The Power of Glove'. You can change a hawk to a little white glove, because that is - indeed - the power of glove. Or acute COVID, I forget.

I get particularly melancholy about being alone when I'm ill because I want to be dramatic and fling myself on the sofa like a reclining woman in a Renaissance painting and be able to send someone out to Sainsbury's to buy doughnuts and a sweet potato katsu curry. That makes me sound high maintenance, I promise I'm not really. I don't generally like people doing things for me because they do it wrong which on reflection sounds even worse. This may be why I am alone 😬
Hello, fellow ungreat at relationships! Solo life is wonderful, and the best way to have it all is to stock up the side table, then languish!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Regarding Valentines Day, I'm 1) perennially single and 2) and emo teen at heart. So this is my contribution:

• Heart
Reactions: 14
We don’t do Valentines Day or anniversaries or any set date thingy really. Mrs T has done this morning’s rainy dog outing though for me.

Sorry to all those that are feeling ill. Sending tissuos and well wishos.

Spring needs to have sprung already.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I am completely tone deaf but Pooh gets really happy when I sing. Rolls on his back, bites my cheek and boops my nose. I sing 'You are my Pooh-Bear, my only Pooh-Bear' 'Hush little Pooh-Bear' and a French-Canadian kids song called Alouette which my Maman used to sing to me. That's why I love Pooh the best, he doesn't care that I sound rotten or look bad, he's just a big ball of love.
I remember learning Alouette in French lessons here in the UK :)

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I remember learning Alouette in French lessons here in the UK :)
Oh, wow! Alouette, gentille Alouette 💖
The lyrics are weird, after our mum passed my brother started singing it to me. We decided to google the lyrics and it's a bloody weird song.

• Heart
Morning Frauen!

I have been MIA from the jack threads for a week or so, they are too much at the moment - I have finally admitted I need some help with my mental health and it's been a rocky week. Got myself some happy pills now though, so hoping to see an improvement in the coming days and weeks.
I assume she's still a thundercunt so I won't bother grunking!

Just wanted to say I hope you are all well and, well, a general "hi" I guess. I've missed the chatter!

• Heart
Reactions: 24
We are not V Day people either but our 9 year old daughter is, so we cooked a nice meal and exchanged cards and it was lovely. The cats had a treat of fresh cooked chicken which predictably, was not alive enough for them so they left it. I then had to wrestle the wishbone out of the ginger ones mouth after he jumped up on the worktop and nabbed it.

P.S also now singing Alouette

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Came into the office today as I started a new job and my manager would be in so I can just learn via osmosis around him. And he's gone home unwell so now I'm in a huge open plan office alone which I drove through the snow to get to. I could be at home with my blanket 😭

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
Came into the office today as I started a new job and my manager would be in so I can just learn via osmosis around him. And he's gone home unwell so now I'm in a huge open plan office alone which I drove through the snow to get to. I could be at home with my blanket 😭
Good luck with the new job!! Sucks re your manager though. Is there another team member you can osmosify from? (If that isn't a word already it should be I think)

So glad I decided to take a look at this thread! MT was winding me up and the light in my eyes is currently OFF so this was a wholesome treat ❤

Please accept a photo of my incredibly lazy (non) working cocker as a thank you gift. He apparently has a very heavy head so must have a chin rest at all times

IMG_20200422_133533.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Good luck with the new job!! Sucks re your manager though. Is there another team member you can osmosify from? (If that isn't a word already it should be I think)
Haha it is a good word and should be if not. Sadly team of 2 currently. Luckily it was a departmental move rather than new new! And I got some mushroom lasagna so I'm feeling less sad haha.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Just wanted to say thank you to the lovely fraus who gave me advice about my bird feeder - used your suggestions of fat balls (had to chop them a bit so they'd fit) bit of bacon grease on the stands and scuffing it up a bit - and it worked! I am getting a few regular visitors now, including a rather plump sparrow (who I've named Terry obvs) who has also taken up residence in the little bird house left by the previous owners :) he is often spotted darting between the house and the feeder!

I now want to get an owl house but Mr C said no :( he knows what I can be like, give me an inch I take a mile, next thing you wouldn't be able to walk through the garden due to bird attracting paraphernalia.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
We also learnt Alouette at school. The context was to teach parts of the body in French, so we would sing about the different parts of the bird we were going to pluck. My favourite was je te plumerai les genoux because the idea of a bird with proper knees and therefore human legs was very funny to me.

alouette's knees.png

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I remeber this from school
:ROFLMAO:
how crazy is it how much you can remember from songs as a child? I remember a whole song that I never understood as a child in a language I speak now but then didn't so I can finally understand :ROFLMAO:

• Heart
Just wanted to say thank you to the lovely fraus who gave me advice about my bird feeder - used your suggestions of fat balls (had to chop them a bit so they'd fit) bit of bacon grease on the stands and scuffing it up a bit - and it worked! I am getting a few regular visitors now, including a rather plump sparrow (who I've named Terry obvs) who has also taken up residence in the little bird house left by the previous owners :) he is often spotted darting between the house and the feeder!

I now want to get an owl house but Mr C said no :( he knows what I can be like, give me an inch I take a mile, next thing you wouldn't be able to walk through the garden due to bird attracting paraphernalia.
My dream is a bat sanctuary because I too never know when enough is enough. A very distant dream!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
My dream is a bat sanctuary because I too never know when enough is enough. A very distant dream!
Bats are so cute! Bit smelly though as I discovered walking into a cave full of them 🤣. My dream is a donkey sanctuary (or Highland Coo obv but I don't think they need a lot of rescuing)

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.