Food and Drink #21

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What a gorgeous dog! I love seeing all the cats, dogs & sheep. Pretty much any animal.

It's just me for Xmas. The cat can be grateful for a pot of Sheba on the big day. Me? Over the top? Ordered a leg of lamb from M&S! Will eat over 3-4 days. I will be cycling a lot so needing a good 3000 calories a day - roast dinner leftovers are always good after exercise.

I am working & on call over Xmas so decided to spent my ill gotten gains from on call on food and booze. No expense spared this year, for me food is the one thing to look forward to at the moment, so I will eat what I want.

Gutted I can't see my family but it's too far to travel as I'd be on the train. I shall remain sensible and travel to them when it's safe.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
What a gorgeous dog! I love seeing all the cats, dogs & sheep. Pretty much any animal.

It's just me for Xmas. The cat can be grateful for a pot of Sheba on the big day. Me? Over the top? Ordered a leg of lamb from M&S! Will eat over 3-4 days. I will be cycling a lot so needing a good 3000 calories a day - roast dinner leftovers are always good after exercise.

I am working & on call over Xmas so decided to spent my ill gotten gains from on call on food and booze. No expense spared this year, for me food is the one thing to look forward to at the moment, so I will eat what I want.

Gutted I can't see my family but it's too far to travel as I'd be on the train. I shall remain sensible and travel to them when it's safe.
leg of lamb sounds yum! I had never really liked lamb until recentlyish (we always had lamb chops when IW as a child which I just find pointless, loads of fat and gristle), but having had leg of lamb, lamb shanks etc I now really like it. If you really want to spoil the cat (and for cheaper than sheba!) see if you can get chicken livers, I got some on sale in waitrose the other day (fancy!) about 90p for two meals for them each, I have two, and they LOVED it. Almost lost my hand serving it as the kitten tried to rip it from my fingers :ROFLMAO:

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I did order but they didn’t deliver them! no Waitrose near me.
Oh no, it’s the opposite of a Christmas miracle 😭 Perhaps Jack can rustle up some shortbread festive treats (from a packet) for you and spray paint them?

• Haha
leg of lamb sounds yum! I had never really liked lamb until recentlyish (we always had lamb chops when IW as a child which I just find pointless, loads of fat and gristle), but having had leg of lamb, lamb shanks etc I now really like it. If you really want to spoil the cat (and for cheaper than sheba!) see if you can get chicken livers, I got some on sale in waitrose the other day (fancy!) about 90p for two meals for them each, I have two, and they LOVED it. Almost lost my hand serving it as the kitten tried to rip it from my fingers :ROFLMAO:
Ooh nice idea. I'm going to Waitrose tomorrow so might try and get the mince pies AND some liver for the cats! Do you cook it first or give it to them raw?

Reactions: 10
Ooh nice idea. I'm going to Waitrose tomorrow so might try and get the mince pies AND some liver for the cats! Do you cook it first or give it to them raw?
I have a friend who gives it raw, but as i always buy it on discount I wouldn't do that... although probably safe anyway. I just throw it in my non stick frying pan and leave it tbh, you just have to wait for it to cool as (mine anyway) cats don't like hot food. Cutting it into pieces to cool on a plate as they scream for food was just....... but yes I will be buying more for their xmas dinner 😻

as clearly a cabal of cat lovers, is anyone else buying anything special for their cats for xmas dinner? (or just a kilo of dreamies :ROFLMAO:)

Last edited:
  • Heart
Can someone insert the GIF that is the Rik Mayall quote in The Young Ones as Rick saying 'Lets talk about me' (I think that's it from memory).

I am tipsy and I love you all. I still miss Rik Mayall too. I struggle when my children are with my ex, I dont have many people around me so its not always due to them being away but because I am alone a lot without them. I had a moan via message to the man I am seeing yesterday about filling the void. He surprised me by cancelling his meetings this afternoon and coming to see me for a few hours. Its a two hour train journey and we met in town (you all know where I live 🔺) so we went for an early lunch with 🍾 but no 🦉and he came to my house afterwards. He is now on the train home. Firstly, I cant quite believe someone put that effort in for me, secondly he is such easy company and I have had the best day.

On topic I like the Aldi stollen bites.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Can someone insert the GIF that is the Rik Mayall quote in The Young Ones as Rick saying 'Lets talk about me' (I think that's it from memory).

I am tipsy and I love you all. I still miss Rik Mayall too. I struggle when my children are with my ex, I dont have many people around me so its not always due to them being away but because I am alone a lot without them. I had a moan via message to the man I am seeing yesterday about filling the void. He surprised me by cancelling his meetings this afternoon and coming to see me for a few hours. Its a two hour train journey and we met in town (you all know where I live 🔺) so we went for an early lunch with 🍾 but no 🦉and he came to my house afterwards. He is now on the train home. Firstly, I cant quite believe someone put that effort in for me, secondly he is such easy company and I have had the best day.

A surprise afternoon of ❤. How beautiful.

Nothing else needs to be said other than a collective “☺

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 18

She shoots. She scores!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I wanted some suggestions. I want to buy some mont d'Or vacherin cheese. It is the first time trying it. I don't normally drink wine either, but for Xmas I thought f*** it, I'm gonna go all out and enjoy them. I just wondered, what would you guys suggest I drink with that specific cheese? Red wine or champagne? Tried white and red wine years ago and preferred the red, so red wine would be a better suggestion.

Reactions: 5
Usually port is darker and quite heavy. This one is sharp, sweet and a lot lighter. It goes well with cheese and chutney.

If you want to splash out on a nice wine then Chablis is a good one.

Reactions: 3
I wanted some suggestions. I want to buy some mont d'Or vacherin cheese. It is the first time trying it. I don't normally drink wine either, but for Xmas I thought f*** it, I'm gonna go all out and enjoy them. I just wondered, what would you guys suggest I drink with that specific cheese? Red wine or champagne? Tried white and red wine years ago and preferred the red, so red wine would be a better suggestion.
I would seek out a Pinot Noir as, in my opinion, it would go with most cheese. I cannot recommend one in particular, but do some research beforehand. Speak to the wine buyers in the shops. I had some great ones when I was in the States. You could also look at a Shiraz. I wouldn’t go for a sweet wine.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.