Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Vroo

Hello all, been lurking all night whilst watching bake off on catch up. Idea for cauliflower (sooo many pages back soz) Joe wicks madras recipe- have made for veggie son leaving out the lamb, was still very tasty although visually very slop like. Love to you all ♥

• Heart
Reactions: 16

ChocolateTeapot

Fraus - I wanted to share my good news! I hope this doesn't come across as boasting as I really don't mean it that way - not sure if anyone remembers, but I went through a really tough time about 2 years ago, my MH was at an all time low mostly due to my job and being bullied by my manager - had 3 months signed off for anxiety and depression, went back for 6 months then left and got the job I'm in now. I absolutely love it, and am in a great place right now - and the other day my manager called me into a meeting room and said they are so happy with me that they wanted to promote me, but because there are redundancies going on in the business HR (where I work) can't be seen to be making people redundant then promoting within, so they gave me the pay rise I would have got if I was promoted, and a £100 amazon voucher as a little bonus 'it will help you buy stuff like toilet brushes and oven gloves that you need but don't want to buy for your new house'. I just wanted to share it as it's made me feel so good about myself and so valued, after being at a job which drove me to telling mr C I didn't think I could go on living anymore. Soppy moment too - you guys have been a real lifeline and comfort to me during the bad times and the good, so I want to thank you all ❤❤❤
I’m so thrilled for you! Congratulations! (I’ve had, what sounds like, a very similar awful, awful work and bullying situation before, and the despair is brings is incomparable isn’t it? How brilliant that you’re somewhere that recognises you and makes you feel valued now!)

• Heart
God this thread is a v good kick up the arse to actually get my booster thank you guys, this is defs self neglect but I’ve not felt the burning urge as I did the first two as it feels like a flu jab level of urgency (something I also need to do) rather than a pandemic level. That’s so bad isn’t it 😳 has anyone felt the same?

I’ll get the flu jab tomorrow after nursery drop off as that’s a v easy thing to tick off, thank god for you guys ❤

• Heart

Universal

Chatty Member
@HotesTilaire how are you feeling today? As another south Liverpool Frau I am patiently waiting for Chris's Chippy to reopen...

@Sideboard Bob sometimes a work crush just sneaks up on you doesn't it? I have worked with a bloke for 12 months and about 6 months ago suddenly realised he was gorgeous and funny! I make a special effort for those meetings. All very innocent but a nice distraction.

• Heart
Thanks to the current MT title (Poca), I've watched Rocket Man! Not a huge fan of Elton per se (Taron Egerton on the other hand...) but loved it. A great cheery up film with a happy ending and a chance to sing a long.

PS. When fake Elt was singing Tiny Dancer, I had visions of how Jackie must have pranced around the bungalow every time the John Lewis advert of a couple of years ago was shown.

Attachments

• Haha

Universal

Chatty Member
Hello Frauen! It's been a long time since I've posted, so forgive me for jumping straight in to me-rail mode...

I was wondering if anyone would be able to share any advice with me? There's a chap at my workplace who is my age and I think I have grown to like him just a little more than a little bit (squee!) The only problem is I feel like I keep on getting mixed messages. A general example is that, when we are in a group, he's quite chatty with the others but always seems a bit awkward/shy or as if he's holding back around me (I've been at the company longer than him) but we have good banter when we are alone together. It was our work's Christmas party the other day and we left the venue at the same time. He walked a few paces with me, hugged me quite tightly, and then told me it was lovely to see me and asked me to text him when I was home. Despite all this, it seems like he doesn't want to make a move. What could this mean? Is it worth the effort? Now that Boris has ordered work from home again I don't quite know what to do.
As you have his number I would start a text conversation with him that's non work related and see where it goes. Is it a work phone? If it is I would send him your personal number and say that you are not going to be looking at your work 'phone over Christmas so if he wants to contact you to do it on your personal 'phone. That in itself is an invitation!

I think in general though people are wary of going out with someone from work, so it might be that he likes you but wants to keep his home and work life separate. Could this be the case?

It sounds really promising though! Please do post back here so its not just me posting about relationship woes.

• Heart

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
thank you. I know I slagged xmas off earlier, but the way it falls this year and having had my annual leave approved for 29th-31st means I get a good break. just need to get these last few days out of the way and then I can chill
I think the mood in the UK is a bit down generally with the covid latest and fears about further restrictions as well, it’s a lot plus you have a lot on top of that.

• Heart

Into_the_tunnel

VIP Member
Our power went off on Friday and we abandoned the house for a hotel, so have been eating pub grub all weekend. I’m looking forward to getting home and having a few vegetables! I know I could have ordered something “healthy” but it’s kind of the law that you don’t in these situations 🤣

Hope everyone is well ❤
Hope you are ok. Some of the people I used to work with still don’t have power. 🥺. Luckily parents in law are back on so major worry is over.

Deffo need nicest food when in a hotel. Read chips.

• Heart

Into_the_tunnel

VIP Member
Congratulations @Universal ! And thank you for sharing your experiences of being a working mum, it’s still something that’s not really spoken about because we all feel compelled to squash our family life down in the work place so this is a thing too! Pregnant then screwed posted some fabulous news about a woman who won £300k cos she’d recorded her discrimination, I really wish I had so strongly advise any women to record these sorts of convos cos sadly employers are still bellends!

Condolences @Falkor ❤

Hoping you’re well @traumatised sideboard ❤ I know it’s much easier said than done but one day at a time - the next big thing is the PCR then you can review what the situation is.

Is anyone else scared of another proper lockdown happening now? The Arthur case has broken my heart I really wish I had never heard the audio the midlands police released of his last morning it’s really affected me and now I’m pro actively against lockdowns. There’s not adequate support for anyone isolated or vulnerable, women and children in this country that they can assure us of everyone’s safety so they just can’t do it again? Look at all that’s happened, how can they justify it? Is this an alt right YouTube algorithm opinion to have?

Not me-railing or being a grief thief but it’s really affected me I’ve been crying 3+ times a day thinking of poor little Arthur feeling the things he said & no one responding to his needs. This country is truly the pits that we can’t help kids in these situations? Like it’s not even as if we can do anything to help? Sorry for the hysteria just not looking forward to the next few weeks as apparently the times are reporting some stuff on a return to the wfh mandate which feels like a precursor to a lockdown.
I am so sorry you are feeling like this. The case is so upsetting. I agree that lockdown exacerbated situations like this but unfortunately not a unique incident.

Mrs T and I have witnessed first hand the fallouts (which have gone to court and very nearly ended like this) from families not coping and agencies not working together to help, support and ring the sirens when things are not going the way they should. The utter deprivation I witnessed was so hard to bear at times contrasted with the wasteful nature of society. When I read on forums that the teachers and SS were to blame for not picking up on things, it breaks my heart. SS is at breaking point. The teachers were stretched beyond their limit last year, yet I was regularly bringing breakfast for my FSM students for most of my teaching career so I knew they would have two meals a day. This has been going on for years.

So who is to blame, directly and indirectly?

Sorry for the slight derail and rant. I can’t cope with the story either, and knowing it is going on up and down the country is just heartbreaking.

• Heart

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
I was in Tesco yesterday and I overheard someone call skittles “sweets of sadness”.

Compared to chocolate buttons (giant), obviously, but I thought that was a bit harsh. Everyone know orange revels are the OG sweets of sadness.
Fuck off that’s chocolate raisins!!!!!

It’s been years but her it is...pumpkin (butternut) pie! I think it will look nicer when I dust it with icing sugar. I’ve got enough filling to make another one, might have to buy a pastry case on Monday.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha

MaineCoonMama

VIP Member
Is this the right time to confess that for a long time (too long) I thought the lyrics were 'Hold me closer, tie me down sir'?
It wasn't until I saw track listing for an album that I realised it was Tony Danza Tiny Dancer. 😳

• Haha

Universal

Chatty Member
Happy birthday tunnel. You cant go wrong with a M&S meal.

With everything being to bleak its sheep and Susan that are keeping me going!!

• Heart

NP

VIP Member
Hi everyone and happy Halloween! I'm separating from my husband which is why I've been so quiet. We are working out what to do with the cats and all that shit that goes with a separation. I'll be moving in with my step-dad who lives just over the border in South Australia. I'm very sad but also looking forward to being with my step-dad in his little country town.
I’m so sorry MCM, that must be so tough. It’s good you have your stepdad to support you through this. Us mithering ninnies are here too if you need a distraction ❤

• Heart

AlphaBetaDeux

Congratulations on the new role Universal, I know that Jack wouldn’t ever like to acknowledge this but we are a pretty diverse and intelligent cable.

Sorry for the loss of #34 falkor, and I now know never to take a soggy sheep into the house if I find one hanging around (niche knowledge!).

Absolutely freezing here tonight, so it’s haggis and baked potato in front of the F1 qualifying on TV!

My cat is also being a dickhead and constantly screaming at me. The food she's been eating was discontinued so I've been frantically scouring the internet for hypoallergenic food and there are some interesting options out there, including delights such as venison and rabbit with blueberries and reindeer chunks in unspecified sauce. She's starting to look a bit spherical and I can't tell if she's actually getting chonky or if she's just fluffed up for winter.

This morning I got an email from my physio (who I saw yesterday) to tell me he's COVID positive so now I've got to go for a PCR test tomorrow. Trying not to worry about it or catastrophise but with the new variant and the possibility of re-infection I am terrified about the prospect of potentially having to spend ten days in complete isolation again. If I start posting lists of every one of my favourite foods at all hours, you'll know I've caught it.
Fingers crossed for a negative PCR Sidey T!

• Heart

EddieBeds

VIP Member
What is everyone having for dinner? I have an awful cold so cba to cook, decided to get thai takeaway to sweat it out, lovely but I really cannot cope with spice anymore :ROFLMAO:
We went to a local fireworks display - got absolutely robbed for basic burger van food. Not dissing the food but they were running an absolute racket for what they were selling 😂. We’d never been before so will know for next year to eat before going! The fireworks were incredible though and Little Beds was awestruck by them while Baby Beds just copied other people ooohing and ahhhing 🎆 🎇.

• Heart

Universal

Chatty Member
@HotesTilaire I fear that I am on that Facebook group too. Its so funny. If someone asks why there are fireworks going off on a random Wednesday night they get really funny replies about it being for the reopening of Chris's Chippy. Someone posted that they seen a food delivery truck outside and people were driving past to see if it was true. 🔺 I have just driven past and its closed so we went to Steves.

The man I am seeing is working in America and was due to fly back on Monday to work in their Manchester office before he went home for Christmas. Now that everyone is home working again he is flying back to London instead. We had plans for me to collect him from the airport and for him to stay with me for a night and then I was going to stay with him in his hotel in Manchester and go to a FANCY restaurant., I don't know when I am going to see him again and its starting to feel pointless. I am torn as I really like him and while he has been away we have been on different time zones but still texted a lot and talked. He is lovely - what should I do? Can someone please insert the 'who fucking knows' thingie here for me?

• Heart
  • Sad