Food and Drink #18

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've been looking on the House Exchange website this evening and I am hooting that someone's uploaded a picture of the kitchen in their property with their cat in the sink. I also found a property that is apparently in 'emasculate' condition.

house exchange.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Ok Fraus. Coming to the right thread for once!

I'm going to be in Edinburgh for 24 hours (as part of a Scottish trip with my fella) and haven't been in a while. We are staying close to the Old Town. What food must I not miss whilst I'm there? Best coffee nearby?

I am trying to avoid chain restaurants like Dishoom but all other recommendations gratefully received 😉

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
Babe same - but only if the cat came with the property!
When I was little my parents wanted to move house so every Saturday seemed to be looking at houses. I was so obsessed with one of them as they had a cat and I assumed it came with the house 😂 luckily they didn’t buy it or I would have been bitterly disappointed 😂

I'm going to be in Edinburgh for 24 hours (as part of a Scottish trip with my fella) and haven't been in a while. We are staying close to the Old Town. What food must I not miss whilst I'm there? Best coffee nearby?

I am trying to avoid chain restaurants like Dishoom but all other recommendations gratefully received 😉
But before you think about that, have you packed your nutribullet? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 16

I’ve heard the celery there is very good

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I was only four years old when we moved to Australia, one of my earliest memories is going with my mum to look at a house owned by a Scottish couple. They had a really fluffy cat that had the same classic Scottish name as me and I remember being so confused. Why does the cat have my name? Is it mine?
I also thought my kindergarten teacher Mrs Newman was married to Paul Newman, haha.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Don't forget your melamine cutlery! You simply must go to this delightful little independent eaterie, though I forget what it's called. Cinques Mecs? Something like that. Delightful pommes frites, to die for. They would go perfectly with some locally caught cod.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
My ice cold take in Edinburgh is Makars gourmet mash, on The Mound. It’s usually #1 on trip advisor for several reasons- food is great, service is great, prices are great, owner seems to be obsessed with trip advisor. I worried that staff might get sacked if they didn’t get name checked on a review at least once per shift. Top food though.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Sorry for the off topic but struggling to sleep because it’s one of those nights you’re on the cusp of a panic attack? Has anyone got any podcast recommendations that aren’t about killers please but also are not annoying? The true crime ones tend to have the pace and tone that can get you to sleep but I can’t be listening to tit about Peter sutcliffe rn!!! But also can’t deal with an overly chirpy person discussing SATC. These are the only two interests I have clearly. any recs massively appreciated 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Sorry for the off topic but struggling to sleep because it’s one of those nights you’re on the cusp of a panic attack? Has anyone got any podcast recommendations that aren’t about killers please but also are not annoying? The true crime ones tend to have the pace and tone that can get you to sleep but I can’t be listening to tit about Peter sutcliffe rn!!! But also can’t deal with an overly chirpy person discussing SATC. These are the only two interests I have clearly. any recs massively appreciated 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻
Off Menu with James Acaster and Ed Gamble? They have guests they ask about their dream 3 course meal. And they are comedians. So it’s quite funny and very not serious.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I regret to inform my fellow north eastern origin fraus that lidl (normally great) is describing these puffs of air as "mini stotties"

View attachment 647847View attachment 647850
North West Frau here and in the iconic words/meme of Eddie Hearn I’m not having that, that is quite clearly a bap. Do like Jack and sue them

Grounded with Louis Theroux? Each week he has a different celebrity but its not too celeby if you get what I mean they’re actually interesting.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.