Food and Drink #18

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hello sweet - how about Adam Buxton - he interviews slebs and whatnot, but it’s all quite gentle, funny chat. I also like How to Fail (Elizabeth Day) - with both you can do a little cherry picking.
Oh I love How to Fail. There was a wonderful episode recently with Christie Watson.

I also recommend the podcast Hidden Brain. So interesting, and the guy has such a soothing voice.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
@heretoreaditall2019 hope you’re feeling better today. Just catching up. You’re getting all up in my niche with the serial killer podcasts 😉 Besides those, I really enjoy Armchair Expert depending on who the guest is and Rob Beckett & Josh Widdicombe’s Lockdown Parenting. Sometimes I just search for someone I like and up pops any podcasts they’ve been on.

Also if this sort of thing interests you, then Slow Burn’s season on Bill Clinton’s presidency is very interesting.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Sorry for the off topic but struggling to sleep because it’s one of those nights you’re on the cusp of a panic attack? Has anyone got any podcast recommendations that aren’t about killers please but also are not annoying? The true crime ones tend to have the pace and tone that can get you to sleep but I can’t be listening to tit about Peter sutcliffe rn!!! But also can’t deal with an overly chirpy person discussing SATC. These are the only two interests I have clearly. any recs massively appreciated 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻
I'm a bit late to this.. but my recommendations as someone with a very similar brain are:

Oh No, Ross and Carrie - the hosts go on investigations/try out religions, alternative therapies and such like and report back. Tag line 'we show up so you don't have to'. They are brilliant and there are a lot of them. I would recommend the Rythmia, Scientology and Mormon investigations (multi part series all of them) to start with, but the single episodes on various alternative therapies are great for a lighter listen (though none of it's really heavy going). I love this podcast so much.

You're Wrong About - lovely hosts, lots of interesting stuff with a different look on the recent past and social phenomena from the 90s. Particularly love the episodes on misunderstood famous (or notorious) women - Anna Nicole Smith, Lorena Bobbit and Tonya Harding in particular, but they're all good.

Under-understood - fairly light investigations on things that are hard to find answers to on the internet. There's quite a lot of data/stats analysis in some of these, which I feel might appeal to your brain!

They are all chill enough for me to feel calm but interesting enough to be distracted at the same time.

Oh, and I also have a secret love of the Catfish podcast, but have watched the TV show for years because am class act, and I don't know how well it works if you aren't already a fan. I should think it would if you want something really light but somewhat interesting in terms of how humans are.

Reactions: 6
Anybody good at tracking down clothes? I saw something a presenter was wearing recently. I googled, nothing, tried ASOS, nothing, any ideas?

@heretoreaditall2019 hope today/tonight is better for you. Lack of sleep really amplifies things doesn’t it? Bloody sucks.

Walking the Dog with Emily Dean is an easy listen and I love Table Manners with Jessie Ware (biased as I adore her music). With both you can cherry pick episodes.

I would say ‘this to shall pass’ re sleep regression/leaps as it’s all I get told but not very helpful/practical when you’re in the midst of it. Maybe just dunk Bubba in a bath of lavender (which also emits white noise) in the hope it relaxes her into deep sleep?!
omg my love how are you doing with regressions? You must be a few months off it but 10 month one has been HARD. <Ben Affleck smoking.png> hard. We also had 4 teeth come through so I guess it’s hard to disentangle which hell we’re living in!

thank you @Flumps it’s re assuring to know other people get this too. Thankfully last night we had 9 hours of continuous baby sleep so I got 7 which is v good going!
[/SPOILER]

Thank you everyone for podcast recommendations, I’m going to add them all to my library this weekend as life admin. Does anyone listen to LBC or other talk radio? That used to be okay to get to sleep but now it’s just madenning, not sure if it was always so bad?!

Anybody good at tracking down clothes? I saw something a presenter was wearing recently. I googled, nothing, tried ASOS, nothing, any ideas?
have you got a pic of it? Try the Pinterest lens, ASOS and eBay also has a similar function!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Does the presenter have an Instagram? Or the show? They often tag who/what they’re wearing.

Baby chat - we’re getting the 4 month regression at the mo but it seems to be in the day? He is just super pissed off but tired. Why don’t they just nap?! 🤪

• Heart
Baby chat - we’re getting the 4 month regression at the mo but it seems to be in the day? He is just super pissed off but tired. Why don’t they just nap?! 🤪
Omg a 4 month cutie 🥰 I know it’s easier said than done but could you go out for a walk when he’s due to nap and pray he falls asleep? You are then trapped outside for half an hour plus although if you can access ur garden from the back then you can leave him out there. A high risk but high reward plan!

Tomorrow morning planning to play the nap game and potentially hustle the time for an undisrupted cup of tea and some FANCY unrinsed beans on toast at a cafe, and start one of my new podcasts from you guys (thank you!!) 🥰

• Heart
Omg a 4 month cutie 🥰 I know it’s easier said than done but could you go out for a walk when he’s due to nap and pray he falls asleep? You are then trapped outside for half an hour plus although if you can access ur garden from the back then you can leave him out there. A high risk but high reward plan!

Tomorrow morning planning to play the nap game and potentially hustle the time for an undisrupted cup of tea and some FANCY unrinsed beans on toast at a cafe, and start one of my new podcasts from you guys (thank you!!) 🥰
We had a morning out in the pushchair, just around a few shops, which always sends him to sleep thankfully. But I also have an almost 3 year old who is a bit of a live wire so it’s never the gentle, quiet walk I hope for! I hope your undisrupted cafe time works out tomorrow. Sounds like absolute bliss.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I love anchovies, whether on a pizza or just marinated. I found my perfect ones: Tesco Marinated Anchovies with olives and roasted red peppers. As usual, with some products you like, they disappear. I haven't been able to find them in-store or online here in Essex or even in London for a year now. I ended up phoning Tesco Customer Services who confirmed they are still available, so haven't been discontinued, but the agent could only see them in Scotland, where she lives. Really? I'm sure they must be available elsewhere, but possibly no longer in the South East for whatever reason :confused:

• Wow
Reactions: 1
Could you find the show anywhere online? YouTube or catch-up services?
Does the presenter have an Instagram? Or the show? They often tag who/what they’re wearing.
thanks both, show is on iplayer but that never works for me, and I don’t have Instagram. If anybody has too much time on their hands……..

it was Ellie harrison, countryfile Sunday in June art in the countryside, stupid iplayer doesn’t give the dates might be 20th June 😇 it was a suede/faux suede waistcoat/gilet.

Reactions: 2
thanks both, show is on iplayer but that never works for me, and I don’t have Instagram. If anybody has too much time on their hands……..

it was Ellie harrison, countryfile Sunday in June art in the countryside, stupid iplayer doesn’t give the dates might be 20th June 😇 it was a suede/faux suede waistcoat/gilet.
I’ve taken screenshots but my rudimentary internet search to find where it’s from came up with nothing, I’m afraid!

Attachments

Reactions: 1
@Captainmouse - I found it. Link here. If you don’t have a spare £500 lying around 😂 you could try looking for a similar one. Search for a Belted suede gilet or waistcoat!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.