Food and Drink #17

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not long now for 21, she'll be relieved to get them out I think.

20210414_184858.jpg

On the ladies due later, their bags are still flat and you can'tsee their teats, they'retucked out of sight between the back legs.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
One of my parents' dogs loves football, the other loves Sweet Home Alabama :ROFLMAO: such a weird dog (I like it too but odd choice for a dog, he will sit glued to the screen if we put it on)

• Haha
Reactions: 14
@Aquamarina that guy is actually infamous for undercooking all his meat, the complete opposite of Jack. He's got videos where he's cooked chicken and when he cuts into it he says it's 'juicy' but it's clearly raw, as well as one where he tried to cook pulled pork and it is, again, raw :sick:

• Sick
Reactions: 17
Hi lovely F&D ladies! I’ve been a terrible Frau of late and very very absent, selfish life getting in the way of my tattle time. Anyway, I’m making turkey bolognese lasagna for dinner and as I was stirring the béchamel it made me think of you lovely lot ❤
No GeeGee Jizz in our dinner, sauce so thicc I had to use the back of the ladle to spread it when I was layering up (who am I with these dirty words, Nigella?!)

hope everyone is well x

BED59CA2-2BB2-45A4-BC2A-865BB2F018EF.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Is anybody an Amazon guru? Is there anyway of searching which excludes goods from China? I am fed up of waiting 6,8,10 weeks for stuff not to arrive

Reactions: 1
Is anybody an Amazon guru? Is there anyway of searching which excludes goods from China? I am fed up of waiting 6,8,10 weeks for stuff not to arrive
I don’t know but that would be handy! It should tell you the estimated date it’ll arrive before you checkout though. I find if it’s over a week it’s normally from China!

Reactions: 2
Yes they do! They play fetch and don't mind water. Pooh and Susan are very friendly, Thor mostly will stare at visitors but he's always up for cuddles. Pooh has to be next to me if I'm sitting down, he's a bit like a Staffy. Always got to have a paw on me :)
We have a part Maine Coon, he didnt stop growing until he was 7 and he is a monster size wise. He is so intelligent though, very affectionate, vocal.and very naughty

I would for one, am currently in the middle of thinking about buying a Raspberry Pi so I can make it into a portable wee retro games console.

Also I think the PS3 is my favourite console of all time. Red Dead 2 is one I need to finish too, my wife got really into it but I get overwhelmed by games with complex control schemes
RD2 is just amazing, I wish I could replay it with no memory of it.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I tend to stick to the stuff with prime delivery, anything else you can normally find on eBay cheaper and there’s a good chance it’s coming from the same place in China anyway.

Reactions: 5
20210416_133427.jpg

Chicken & pesto in puff pastry, courtesy of That Man. This recipe is from his 5 Ingredients book. It's very quick and easy, and tastes great!

• Heart
Reactions: 24
View attachment 531924

Chicken & pesto in puff pastry, courtesy of That Man. This recipe is from his 5 Ingredients book. It's very quick and easy, and tastes great!
Someone described his green book and pink book as pragmatic - and they are. It’s not as exciting as ottolenghi maybe but it’s the things I have in the fridge and they always turn out ok

Reactions: 10
My biggest problem is the price of good quality food. When we were both working, not a problem. We do get fresh fruit and veg from the church up the road every week but it's hit and miss as to what they give you and sometimes the food is pretty close to the end of its nutritional life.

Plus my husband loves chips and chocolate, he's packed on the kilos too but he's already a big man so it seems to sit better on him!

I'm going to do my research and hopefully try the intermittent fasting.

Reactions: 9
My biggest problem is the price of good quality food. When we were both working, not a problem. We do get fresh fruit and veg from the church up the road every week but it's hit and miss as to what they give you and sometimes the food is pretty close to the end of its nutritional life.

Plus my husband loves chips and chocolate, he's packed on the kilos too but he's already a big man so it seems to sit better on him!

I'm going to do my research and hopefully try the intermittent fasting.
I lived with a boyfriend years ago and always thought it was very unfair that he could eat a whole packet of Haribo without any problems...but he was 30cm taller than me! Plus men tend to have greater muscle mass. It's a bit tit, but here we are. 😂

I found it very easy to get into the habit of IF. I drink a lot of water while fasting (I also drink a lot of Coke Zero, and I don't care what anyone says about that). It takes about a week to get a feel for it. I would recommend starting with shorter fasts - I started with 13 hrs, which isn't much, and just starts you off by eliminating evening snacking etc.

The thing I love about it is this: it's flexible. It doesn't matter if you have a rigid daily timetable or not, as long as you fast. Normally I have a big lunch and don't eat in the evening, but if I'm with friends, I can have dinner and then start the timer. It just means I begin eating a bit later the next day.

It also means I don't beat myself up over slip ups. If you're on a "normal" diet, a slip can be a disaster...say you're doing low-carb. In a moment of weakness you have an ice cream. Then you think, "well, today's a write-off, I'll start again tomorrow!" and you order a takeaway. Especially disastrous if you're prone to bingeing.

With IF the mindset changes - you have an ice cream, and you set your timer and keep going. It's completely changed the way I think about food.

I will say that it's not for everyone...not because our bodies are especially different, but because our minds are. But for me it has been completely amazing, and I recommend giving it a go!

I know that decent food is expensive in Australia, and that sucks. I'm really lucky to have local, fresh, good quality fruit & veg readily available. When I lived elsewhere, I used a lot of the tinned/frozen veg that's nice (some things do not freeze well!). Frozen fruit is good in specific situations...I use it for smoothies or cooked into a compote, but not much else.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
i need to know what Pooh's favourite simpsons episode is please! :ROFLMAO:
This has reminded me that when my wife and I inherited our ragdoll/idiot cross from my brother-in-law, he made sure to tell us that the cat's favourite film is Shrek 2. I love that he doesn't just have a favourite film but a favourite iteration of the film. Still need to try him with it. My little one loved watching me play World of Warcraft when I had fewer commitments.

Also the ragdoll was inherited because they 'didn't have time for him'. I'm starting to think it's actually because he's a massive bastard (shits in the bath if he's upstairs or another cat has shat in the litter tray, steals baked goods).

eta: @MaineCoonMama I adore Pooh, fluffy cats are the best even if slightly high-maintenance

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.