Food and Drink #16 Liedown larder

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Morning cabal! I've just started on This Is Us - sure I've seen some frauen recommend it? The end of the first episode blew me away!

I'm doing a foot peel mask, which is one of my few pampering-style indulgences. If you liked peeling dried glue off your hands as a kid, and you suffer from manky feet, 100% recommended.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Morning cabal! I've just started on This Is Us - sure I've seen some frauen recommend it? The end of the first episode blew me away!

I'm doing a foot peel mask, which is one of my few pampering-style indulgences. If you liked peeling dried glue off your hands as a kid, and you suffer from manky feet, 100% recommended.
Omg YES what one are you using? I have hoofs Satan himself would be proud of 😭 hope you bulling trolls are all ok, I’ve been lurking and not posting. Very much here for the wholesome sheep content ❤

Reactions: 13
I love learning random sheep care tips from you @Falkor!

This Is Us is on our long must watch list which, despite us watching a lot of telly, doesn’t seem to get any shorter!

Reactions: 10

I’m completely caught up with This Is Us now and I’m impatiently waiting on new episodes! It’s fantastic. I have to be prepared to cry pretty much every episode.

I also really recommend It’s A Sin to all the fraus and herren. Binged it the other night and it’s bloody brilliant and heartbreaking.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I second it’s a sin, binge watched the lot and sobbed on Sunday evening.

Also here for sheep updates ❤

Reactions: 11
Omg YES what one are you using? I have hoofs Satan himself would be proud of 😭 hope you bulling trolls are all ok, I’ve been lurking and not posting. Very much here for the wholesome sheep content ❤
I'm trying a new one from a brand called Wolady so I'll let you know how it goes. I used to use a really good Korean brand called Oh K but it's not available anymore. I tried a different one last year that was supposedly rose-scented, it smelled vile and didn't work. 🤢 The ones that work are amazing though!

Thanks @Falkor having sheep seems to involve lifting a lot of heavy stuff. I’ve just reached that time of the month and reckon a bucket of caramel toffee would do me just fine actually!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
pandemic madness has truly settled in. i have just realised, at 3pm, softly, gently working really hard at my desk, that i booked today as annual leave!! 😭 i should be all snug at home watching lingo and considering a 4pm tipple. i could weep!

*insert "i really shouldn't be here gif*

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 28
pandemic madness has truly settled in. i have just realised, at 3pm, softly, gently working really hard at my desk, that i booked today as annual leave!! 😭i should be all snug at home watching lingo and considering a 4pm tipple. i could weep!

*insert "i really shouldn't be here gif*
could you explain to HR and take it another day?

Reactions: 10
I have not caught up here, so sorry, but I just wanted to ramble about a kind of nice thing, I’ll put it behind a spoiler because I’ve had a drink, it might not make sense, and it’s a bit long!
ok so I’ve been struggling with depression, I know I’m not the only one here, I wish I was, you’re all so lovely. Anyway, it’s getting a bit better! I LIVE for music, seriously, it’s my obsession, its like the screensaver for my brain. So I know I’m really not doing well mentally when I can’t listen to or enjoy music. Towards the end of last year I knew it was bad because I listened to Midnight In a Perfect World by DJ Shadow, and it left me cold. I LOVE that song, I can’t expalin it, sometimes it haunts me, but in a good way, but I just love it. So when that didn’t even hit me I knew it was bad.
anyway, I’ve just listened to it and FELT it again! That is huge, I’ve maybe got a bit of a long way to go but thank duck I’ve got music again. I just wanted to share this to prove there is hope, for anyone else struggling. Long story short, for me its been depression, grief, more depression, bleeping covid *on top of that, then more grief. Not feeling sorry for myself, but of course that hit me hard, and I’m just amazed to see this little glimmer of happiness
*edited to add, I have not had covid, just the whole situation is tit!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
I have not caught up here, so sorry, but I just wanted to ramble about a kind of nice thing, I’ll put it behind a spoiler because I’ve had a drink, it might not make sense, and it’s a bit long!
ok so I’ve been struggling with depression, I know I’m not the only one here, I wish I was, you’re all so lovely. Anyway, it’s getting a bit better! I LIVE for music, seriously, it’s my obsession, its like the screensaver for my brain. So I know I’m really not doing well mentally when I can’t listen to or enjoy music. Towards the end of last year I knew it was bad because I listened to Midnight In a Perfect World by DJ Shadow, and it left me cold. I LOVE that song, I can’t expalin it, sometimes it haunts me, but in a good way, but I just love it. So when that didn’t even hit me I knew it was bad.
anyway, I’ve just listened to it and FELT it again! That is huge, I’ve maybe got a bit of a long way to go but thank duck I’ve got music again. I just wanted to share this to prove there is hope, for anyone else struggling. Long story short, for me its been depression, grief, more depression, bleeping covid *on top of that, then more grief. Not feeling sorry for myself, but of course that hit me hard, and I’m just amazed to see this little glimmer of happiness
Oh I totally get that! The moment when you feel something again, or your interest is piqued, and you recognise it and think - "I'm a little better!" ☺ Lovely feeling when you notice it ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I have really missed listening to music in the car on my own, its not the same at home - no idea why! I really have taken solace in music from my teen years recently. Glad you are feeling better and it must give you a boost to recognise that your mood is lifting. The grief thing is hard as sometimes I feel low and assume its other things until I realise what it is and you just have to give into it

Well, its been three months since I met him now Remember when I asked your advice at the start? Feels like a lifetime ago (it was a lockdown ago as we had a period of being able to go Christmas shopping and to restaurants). He is at my house this weekend so I am cooking and spoiling him for a change. He is at the moment fixing a broken chair for me and has already set the timer on my lights that I couldn't be arsed to read the instructions on. It all feels exciting but normal. Sorry, boring I know but its all that's happening in my life!

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Just got myself into a nice hot bubble bath with a hot chocolate (made with 90% dark choc, yum) as have awful period pains today. Open up the MT and there is something exciting happening, result!

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Just got myself into a nice hot bubble bath with a hot chocolate (made with 90% dark choc, yum) as have awful period pains today. Open up the MT and there is something exciting happening, result!
It is all a bit much on there for me at the moment.

@Sideboard Bob glad you have found some light in these times. It must feel like a little weight is lifted ❤.

• Heart
do you think she's legit? I hope she is!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.