Food and Drink #16 Liedown larder

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve never had churros. I really want to try them I’ve just never seen them anywhere or been bothered to make them. They look so good Poca.

As for pancakes, I always do crepe style on Pancake Day. I do prefer American style but my technique is a bit hit and miss. I once served up delicious looking American pancakes that were still liquid in the middle :sick: so I just stick to crepes! With tons of maple syrup.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
We always had crepe style growing up, slightly thicker though and with strawberry jam cooked in it. Fucked your pan but were lovely! My sister, mum and me would end up having a late night snack of pancakes together ❤

With the kids, i'll do american style today. With golden syrup 🤤 Ive had about 3hrs sleep so its a coffee and sugar day today!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Why do I not have a clue what everybody is talking about? 🤪
Churros are deep-fried cylinders of batter. They taste a lot nicer than that sounds! Sort of like doughnuts.

From the churro van (winter and local festivals only), you would usually have them dusted with sugar or dipped in melted chocolate (sometimes sprinkles too), served in a paper cone.

In a bar you'd have them mid-morning, served to dip in hot chocolate. I don't recommend this because Spanish hot chocolate is vile...it has a very thick and swampy texture. Presumably some people like it though!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Churros are deep-fried cylinders of batter. They taste a lot nicer than that sounds! Sort of like doughnuts.

From the churro van (winter and local festivals only), you would usually have them dusted with sugar or dipped in melted chocolate (sometimes sprinkles too), served in a paper cone.

In a bar you'd have them mid-morning, served to dip in hot chocolate. I don't recommend this because Spanish hot chocolate is vile...it has a very thick and swampy texture. Presumably some people like it though!
Thank you, how I have never met these is beyond me 😄

• Haha
I'm low carbing and have already had a blip for Valentine's Day, so can't blip again with pancakes or it'll be a very quick helter skelter ride into eating whole packets of biscuits again! But if I were, it would be classic lemon juice and sugar.

Reactions: 14
Lemon juice and sugar here with Nutella for the children, I always think we should have them more often when we make them as they are so nice!

I'm low carbing and have already had a blip for Valentine's Day, so can't blip again with pancakes or it'll be a very quick helter skelter ride into eating whole packets of biscuits again! But if I were, it would be classic lemon juice and sugar.
Babe, same x (on both!) I will live vicariously through the cabal for pancakes this year.

In other news I had a text this morning inviting me for a covid vaccine! I'm not sure why as I am not vulnerable, but I've booked my slot. I feel a bit guilty about it as I know there are plenty of people more deserving than me at this point but if they were offering they must have enough? I wonder if my area received more than they expected so are going out to anyone to stop them going to waste? Or maybe they've just got round people quickly? Whatever the reason I am pleased (if not scared, life long needle phobia over here).

• Heart
Reactions: 21
has anyone read this PTWM drama? Apparently her step daughters have come on the thread and she’s vile to them?!

Sorry I know there’s more to catch up on but wanted to ask my tattle friends xx

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
has anyone read this PTWM drama? Apparently her step daughters have come on the thread and she’s vile to them?!

sorry what is PTWM?
Definitely lemon and sugar is the best for pancakes! I think I am also going to make savoury ones for dinner with some kind of cheese/ham/spinach type combo

• Heart
I’ve never considered savoury pancakes, but i might just try some later. 🤔
they're really yum, used to be my drunk snack of choice when I lived in Italy (may also have wine before I give up alcohol for lent :LOL:)

Reactions: 6
I'm making crepes. I might make savoury ones, with ham and cheese (and maybe an egg in the middle too), then lots of sweets ones FTW, with lemon and sugar (only correct topping, sorry wrong 'uns with your other toppings).

If I was with people who'd eat such things I'd have savoury ones filled with spinach, ricotta (or maybe goats cheese), lemon zest, nutmeg and some parmesan, with a tomato sauce and mozzarella all over them then baked (pancake version of cannelloni basically).

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I'm making crepes. I might make savoury ones, with ham and cheese (and maybe an egg in the middle too), then lots of sweets ones FTW, with lemon and sugar (only correct topping, sorry wrong 'uns with your other toppings).

If I was with people who'd eat such things I'd have savoury ones filled with spinach, ricotta (or maybe goats cheese), lemon zest, nutmeg and some parmesan, with a tomato sauce and mozzarella all over them then baked (pancake version of cannelloni basically).
ooh egg sounds good, how would you do it? cook it before or just put it in raw?

Reactions: 4

Never heard of her but just read the VERY detailed wiki and now about to lose my afternoon to jump into the threads. Thanks lol

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.