Flossie Clegg

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t think a btech is enough to start her own business 😅. I just don’t see it
I agree with you 100% that it does seem silly now lol I didn't quite understand how the thing worked and that it was for customers too :s

Reactions: 4
Flossie Clegg #2 Apology scripted by gleam, still living the London dream but her photoshopped pics scream low self-esteem

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Coming from someone who currently struggles with an ED and body dysmorphia, there is NO WAY that picture of her in the shorts was just an innocent selfie. It looks exactly like every picture in the hidden section of my camera roll where I keep pictures to measure my weight loss/gain. It's not a picture to show her outfit, because what are those, men's boxers? The picture was presumably taken in the morning (the slippers, coffee, shorts) and from experience, it seems she took that picture to exhibit her 'morning skinny' body. I really do feel for her, because obviously she struggled with EDs in the past and now she is living in an environment where she probably feels the need to compete with Olivia (who is naturally a lot thinner than most women) as well as being in the public eye/constantly refreshing feeds of thin and edited models. I really hope she can somehow get out of that harmful environment and take some time to heal and appreciate how beautiful she is without having to be as thin as every model on the internet.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Long time lurker over here!
I found Flossie her youtube during lockdown and I did quite like her. Especially her moving to London vlogs were where my interest was at, as I might want to move closer to family in the future.

However, there is some vibe around her that I dont completely get and thats why I dont watch her religiously. I could, but i just dont or i switch off the video.
Also for someone who struggled with an ED, when I first saw those pictures I was like oh yeah im slacking and should look like that, so it can actually do a lot of damage. I just hope that she will be a bit more conscious in what she posts and that she can hopefully get herself in a better headspace.

I think she is gorgeous and she has a good style, so she shouldnt worry about anything, especially her weight

Reactions: 7
does anyone else think it’s weird that she’s posted a birthday video when her birthday was a month ago

Reactions: 9
Coming from someone who currently struggles with an ED and body dysmorphia, there is NO WAY that picture of her in the shorts was just an innocent selfie. It looks exactly like every picture in the hidden section of my camera roll where I keep pictures to measure my weight loss/gain. It's not a picture to show her outfit, because what are those, men's boxers? The picture was presumably taken in the morning (the slippers, coffee, shorts) and from experience, it seems she took that picture to exhibit her 'morning skinny' body. I really do feel for her, because obviously she struggled with EDs in the past and now she is living in an environment where she probably feels the need to compete with Olivia (who is naturally a lot thinner than most women) as well as being in the public eye/cweonstantly refreshing feeds of thin and edited models. I really hope she can somehow get out of that harmful environment and take some time to heal and appreciate how beautiful she is without having to be as thin as every model on the internet.
well the shorts arent mens boxers their acc by jaded london i believe, who gift/sponsor flossie quite often so it could legit just be showing off the shorts, also plently of people take pics with coffee suchhhhh a reach

Long time lurker over here!
I found Flossie her youtube during lockdown and I did quite like her. Especially her moving to London vlogs were where my interest was at, as I might want to move closer to family in the future.

However, there is some vibe around her that I dont completely get and thats why I dont watch her religiously. I could, but i just dont or i switch off the video.
Also for someone who struggled with an ED, when I first saw those pictures I was like oh yeah im slacking and should look like that, so it can actually do a lot of damage. I just hope that she will be a bit more conscious in what she posts and that she can hopefully get herself in a better headspace.

I think she is gorgeous and she has a good style, so she shouldnt worry about anything, especially her weight
but if someone triggers your ED you should just unfollow them and focus on recovery, its not really her fault that her posing triggers you

• Sick
Reactions: 3
well the shorts arent mens boxers their acc by jaded london i believe, who gift/sponsor flossie quite often so it could legit just be showing off the shorts, also plently of people take pics with coffee suchhhhh a reach

but if someone triggers your ED you should just unfollow them and focus on recovery, its not really her fault that her posing triggers you
Of course she could just be showing off the shorts but there are plenty of points that people have made above that suggest otherwise. I also wouldn’t consider the coffee a “reach” to be honest, it’s not the coffee that is implying she has an ED, I was just considering the time of the day the photo was taken at (more than likely before she had eaten anything to contribute to bloating). Obviously all of this is just speculation from the point of view of people who have experienced EDs and we can’t confirm that anything we say is factual, she just appears to be body checking. Also, while it’s not Flossie’s fault directly that people may be triggered by these kinds of posts, it is her responsibility as an “influencer” to NOT influence young girls (majority of her audience) to go to extreme measures to obtain an unrealistic body type by means of restricting etc. I just hate how so many influencers are still promoting unattainable skinny bodies to their impressionable audiences which causes the viscous cycle of eating disorders, when they could create a far better environment and improve mental health by showing their real bodies and spreading body positivity on their platforms.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Ever since you've come on here you've been defending Flossie and her actions? A lot of us aren't even insulting her, we're genuinely concerned for her wellbeing. Yet you comment back saying she's fine and well! Do you know her or something??
I agree that people should unfollow those who are triggering however you can't just blame them, what if they like her style or personality? It's okay for us to follow someone and not agree with some of their posts.

I also agree with the OP that she should be conscious in what she posts, she has a big following, some who are more naive and vulnerable than others. Those who aren't as aware about ED may be influenced to loose weight as look like her as she's their "idol" or whatever. That is where she needs to be conscious. It seems like the OP was fully aware of the influence and she knew it can do damage to some people, including Flossie herself.

You're welcome to post what you think on here but please don't start saying "well you should unfollow her" or "it's not her fault", when really she should have more awareness on how she can influence a vulnerable person and could hold some accountability.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Also remember this site is for discussing opinions freely and as soon as someone doesnt agree with the people on here they get shut down? wow what a great site
They weren't shutting you down imo, just explaining how you're coming across and that Flossie is an influencer, young girls look up to her they're not going to unfollow bc she's triggering. They're gonna use her as 'thinspo' and the like.

Reactions: 8
They weren't shutting you down imo, just explaining how you're coming across and that Flossie is an influencer, young girls look up to her they're not going to unfollow bc she's triggering. They're gonna use her as 'thinspo' and the like.
yeah but kids have a brain and they should be told to use it not just censor everything around them, thats why there is so many snowflakes in this generation

• Sick
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.