Flossie Clegg

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was literally about to say that!! It’s unbelievable how they have £500 disposable income WHILST living in London too! It rubs off the wrong way on me as imo it comes across as a bit Braggy! Why do you need to state how much you spent just for views?? Some girl I know has just started YouTube and has about 100 subscribers, she did a video the other day of a £300 Zara haul. She’s also a uni student in 2nd year too - it seems as if she’s wasting her money on a haul that not many people are watching either so won’t really generate much, if any income to come back in but she’s doing it because that’s the “trend” atm on YouTube.
Sorry for ranting but I feel like it influences people the wrong way and makes naive people seem like they have to be spending hundreds! When in reality the majority of viewers will never have that much to spend on clothes, it’s out of touch and unrelatable! Not just flossies video on it but any YouTuber who does them!
Yes, this 'I spent on £1000 PLT/Zara/Boohoo' type content is getting quite irritating. And then these influencers have the audacity to lecture us on sustainability. Like duck off lool

Reactions: 9
Does anyone else find these extortionate hauls influencers do completely grotesque? £500+ Zara haul...like, that's easily more than 5x what I'd typically spend on new clothes in a year.
It’s really tone deaf given the circumstances too. I know so many students who are struggling to get by since they’re out of a job. If she wanted to do a haul she easily could’ve left the price tag out of the title.

Reactions: 6
They are doing it because Patricia Bright was once talking about how she found a “bait” for viral videos and if you check her channel all her most viewed ones are with the title “I SPENT X POUNDS IN Y STORE”. So I think now all of them want to do the same, but probably not as successful.

Reactions: 2
she and olivia definitely read their respective threads. Olivia's made several comments as a joke about lewis + flossie not getting along because that's a frequent theme & now flossie's not including sizes in her latest video because it might be triggering and that's the last thing she'd ever want to do to her viewers. Which is appreciated but perhaps she needs to focus on her own triggers with her constant remarks about her own body, "Skinny Girl November" and calling Loren Grey a fat cow. Also - in the come dine with me, I wouldn't have expected anything other than a bland avg pesto from bland florence x

Reactions: 12
she and olivia definitely read their respective threads. Olivia's made several comments as a joke about lewis + flossie not getting along because that's a frequent theme & now flossie's not including sizes in her latest video because it might be triggering and that's the last thing she'd ever want to do to her viewers. Which is appreciated but perhaps she needs to focus on her own triggers with her constant remarks about her own body, "Skinny Girl November" and calling Loren Grey a fat cow. Also - in the come dine with me, I wouldn't have expected anything other than a bland avg pesto from bland florence x
I can't even be bothered to watch their videos anymore

Reactions: 5
Would rather watch paint dry than another of her videos. She’s so bleeping boring

Reactions: 6
I was literally about to say that!! It’s unbelievable how they have £500 disposable income WHILST living in London too! It rubs off the wrong way on me as imo it comes across as a bit Braggy! Why do you need to state how much you spent just for views?? Some girl I know has just started YouTube and has about 100 subscribers, she did a video the other day of a £300 Zara haul. She’s also a uni student in 2nd year too - it seems as if she’s wasting her money on a haul that not many people are watching either so won’t really generate much, if any income to come back in but she’s doing it because that’s the “trend” atm on YouTube.
Sorry for ranting but I feel like it influences people the wrong way and makes naive people seem like they have to be spending hundreds! When in reality the majority of viewers will never have that much to spend on clothes, it’s out of touch and unrelatable! Not just flossies video on it but any YouTuber who does them!
I swear a lot of youtubers who do big haul vids will buy the clothes n try them on then return them straight after (which is what I imagine the girl you know does cause I’m a student n if I spent hundreds on clothes in one go I’d have to eat bread and water for the rest of the term 🥴)

it’s all so performative and shallow I cba

Reactions: 5
Ok this might just be me but I actually quite enjoyed her latest video, I thought she came across as a bit more down to earth and naturally entertaining than she has recently (I do however agree with all the comments re extortionate fast fashion spending, I bleeping hate influencer/haul culture but yet here I am watching them lol)

I swear a lot of youtubers who do big haul vids will buy the clothes n try them on then return them straight after (which is what I imagine the girl you know does cause I’m a student n if I spent hundreds on clothes in one go I’d have to eat bread and water for the rest of the term 🥴)

but yeah I agree with this, they either get it for free or they spend their own money just for the sake of doing a haul and then send it all back, to make money. i much prefer hauls from less famous yters who genuinely are buying new clothes and want to show their viewers

Last edited:
Reactions: 2

Yeah I agree with you however I don’t like the fact it’s influencing younger and naive people, I bet half of them think she keeps them all and it’s normal to spend £500 a month on clothes! Then you get them trying to be like their favourite influencer and buying clothes they can’t afford to keep up with the trends. I get some people may have the money for it but what about those who don’t? I know it’s their own personal responsibility to handle their money correctly but I think when you’re younger you don’t have as much experience and knowledge, therefore it’s giving younger people an unrealistic view on shopping and spending! I know I used to get £20 a month until I was 18, then when I got my job it was £300-400 pm, that’s what reality is! Not earning £2000-3000 if not more at the age of 18 because they got lucky on YouTube.

Reactions: 4
i swear if flossie goes down the route of buying clothes just to do hauls and take insta pics and then sell them on depop immediately (hint hint: sophia and cinzia style), that's gonna be the last straw.

Reactions: 11
Ok this might just be me but I actually quite enjoyed her latest video, I thought she came across as a bit more down to earth and naturally entertaining than she has recently (I do however agree with all the comments re extortionate fast fashion spending, I bleeping hate influencer/haul culture but yet here I am watching them lol)

but yeah I agree with this, they either get it for free or they spend their own money just for the sake of doing a haul and then send it all back, to make money. i much prefer hauls from less famous yters who genuinely are buying new clothes and want to show their viewers
i agree with you i thought her latest video was much more of a chill vibe and better than the others

Reactions: 3
i’m wondering, if flossie does read here, just a thought that people mentioning her eating disordered behaviours / comments might actually fuel the disorder - i know that when i was unwell when people noticed i wasn’t doing well it actually made me want to carry on lmao. so i wonder if she reads here & it triggers her & then she continues & it becomes a cycle ... i’m probably thinking too deep into it but as someone in recovery from anorexia i KNOW if i had a thread like this i’d 100% read it & trigger myself lol. i hope for her own sake she doesn’t read it too often / let it get to her

• Sad
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.