Flossie Clegg #4 Losing relevancy and still faking a personality

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry, I don't watch her content often, but is she not seeing a therapist, counselor? psych? Anyone? As someone who battled depression, her first step is to take herself out of her situation. Immediately.
She mentioned recently before that she was seeing a therapist, but these things take time and often can get worse before it gets better, when you're facing some tough emotions/trauma etc

I agree though that she should take herself out of London!

Reactions: 9
Just wanna say, just bc you're going to therapy, it doesn't mean you can't go through a hard time. Therapy really helps with feeling better about yourself but so does feeling safe in the environment you're in, doing things you are genuinely interested in, hanging out with people that are good for you, having a strong routine, exercising, eating and sleeping well, practising mindfulness, etc. etc..

after doing drugs like coke and Mandy sometimes the comedown can feed into existing depression because your brain is depleted of serotonin, so if she’s getting on it too frequently, that could be detrimental too

Part of the nature of depression and low self-esteem is that it’s hard to do the stuff that’s good for you. sometimes even when you do have the energy, if you have low self esteem you don’t always do it because you don’t see yourself as worth it, like you don’t feel motivated by the prospect of making yourself feel good. E.g., staying with friends/partners that make you feel bad, not cleaning your room, subconsciously missing deadlines…but you can still do stuff like post on social media etc and really that’s a lot of what flossie’s job is. Habit can be a lifesaver when you’ve formed a good routine but if you’ve been depressed it takes a lot of mental energy to do.

Recovery is not linear & I hope Flossie gets through this soon

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Ok I know this will be controversial … but … recently I had a friend who went through terrible depression & she was posting it online & then whenever I asked her to talk/open up she didn’t want to. But she continued to post it without wanting help. I feel like this might have happened with Olivia? You can’t help someone who doesn’t want to be helped and sometimes it’s easier to push people away

Reactions: 12
Ok I know this will be controversial … but … recently I had a friend who went through terrible depression & she was posting it online & then whenever I asked her to talk/open up she didn’t want to. But she continued to post it without wanting help. I feel like this might have happened with Olivia? You can’t help someone who doesn’t want to be helped and sometimes it’s easier to push people away
Yeah I had a friend who did the same thing and got pushed away because I wasn't there for her enough but I did try my hardest to be there. But I hope flossie is looking for help as hard as it can be sometimes

i really hope this year is better for her and she allows her family to help her more they seem so sweet. was a very hard video to watch especially when it’s something you go through yourself

Reactions: 18
In the nicest possible way her life must be so unfulfilling. Most people have either a) a job, b) studies, c) children or d) some sort of passion project or hobby to get up in the morning for. Yeah she has a job but she can get away with doing nothing for a month or months on end, can wake up at 2pm everyday if she wants, has no real schedule or routine.

All she has to fill her days is getting her nails and hair done (kindly gifted), shopping, and taking photos of herself…then drinking and going out at night with equally jobless “friends”. I’d feel like tit if that was my existence. No wonder she goes out so much. This isn’t shade btw because I know we do all root for her on this thread, but yeah, her lifestyles can’t be helping. Especially when she lives alone.

Reactions: 70
In the nicest possible way her life must be so unfulfilling. Most people have either a) a job, b) studies, c) children or d) some sort of passion project or hobby to get up in the morning for. Yeah she has a job but she can get away with doing nothing for a month or months on end, can wake up at 2pm everyday if she wants, has no real schedule or routine.

All she has to fill her days is getting her nails and hair done (kindly gifted), shopping, and taking photos of herself…then drinking and going out at night with equally jobless “friends”. I’d feel like tit if that was my existence. No wonder she goes out so much. This isn’t shade btw because I know we do all root for her on this thread, but yeah, her lifestyles can’t be helping. Especially when she lives alone.
to be fair it’s very hard to maintain hobbies or passions when you’re really struggling, and even much harder to get into

Reactions: 16

i agree like she’s never seemed to have hobbies and always had a not very exciting routine which could be due to her mental health and not being able to do much due to anxiety and depression like we saw she dropped out of college ect

Reactions: 3

You put what I've been thinking of saying for long perfectly into words. In my second year of university, I fell heavily into the London party scene - little sleep, lots of substances, fleeting relationships and friendships and never having sober conversations. I desparately wanted normalty but didn't know where to begin to instill it into my life (wanted to host dinner parties and have movie nights etc). On reflection, I'm so glad I was still enrolled in university at the time, as it's the only way I was able to make friends separate from the party scene and move on from that life. I really hope Flossie is soon able to do something similar, the London nightlife really chews you up and spits you out - especially the mayfair circuit...

Reactions: 22
I do this massively, like send out cries for help and kind of be a downer in a group context but then actually scared of opening up properly to friends. I relate to Flossie ALOT in terms of mood and social issues, I get really close with friends at the start and then tend to put them off after a while bc I’m too intense or once my depressive nature comes out. I have ADHD (and Ik a lot of people who use tattle do too, like seriously, we should probably stop lol) and I feel like Flossie maybe does too. A diagnosis and therapy (and mainly meds) has helped me soooo much. But if that is the case, I can’t see adhd meds being thebest idea for someone who suffers from disordered eating.

Reactions: 10
I do this massively, like send out cries for help and kind of be a downer in a group context but then actually scared of opening up properly to friends. I relate to Flossie ALOT in terms of mood and social issues, I get really close with friends at the start and then tend to put them off after a while bc I’m too intense or once my depressive nature comes out. I have ADHD (and Ik a lot of people who use tattle do too, like seriously, we should probably stop lol) and I feel like Flossie maybe does too. A diagnosis and therapy (and mainly meds) has helped me soooo much. But if that is the case, I can’t see adhd meds being thebest idea for someone who suffers from disordered eating.
i don’t think flossie had adhd at all, she’s never picking up new hobbies, she’s pretty chilled, she’s relatively organised. i have adhd and don’t see any traits in her, however i see the signs of depression and anxiety and maybe more severe mood disorders but no not adhd

Reactions: 7
Ive got ADHD too and I relate with you a lot there, ADHD in women is so different than in boys and a lot of us really do have social struggles, especially with getting close to people.
I see what you mean about flossie too, she often comes across as very confident but she doesn’t seem to be able to keep close friendships for long, I wonder if there is something there that is holding her back like untreated ADHD, it’s an interesting theory.

Reactions: 3
I commented similar on Olivia's thread but I feel like both girls are going through that early 20s period where you're so lost in life. It's scary, you do things out of character and lose touch with old friends and family for new things and new experiences.

Flossie's tiktok confirmed that for me. It's so tit feeling this way and I'm 23 and still feel like this a lot. I really hope someone checks in on her, I'm sure her family are but she might not feel comfortable fully opening up to them. For the most part, I think she's genuinely harmless and isn't malicious at all. Sounds like a rave thread but I just appreciate when people are open about their MH. She does need to research who she works with more because although the 'Better Help' ad probably sounded like a great thing to promote, it's been proven to be awful. Does she still have a management company? They should also be vetting opportunities like this.

Reactions: 4
I could not imagine olivia at all being serious or mature enough to be able to have a sit down conversation about depression. She seems more like the type of person who’d burst out laughing :(

Hi. Im new to this thread but it made me so emotional seeing flossies tik tok. It’s nice and refreshing that she’s sharing these vulnerable moments to show other people that you don’t need to have it all together right now given the pressure of the new year, however it honestly made me soooo sad for her that I cried. I’m not a consistent viewer of flossies, I watch every now and again, and started a few years back when she started doing the clothing hauls in her bed room at home. Ever since she’s moved to london I feel like the life has been sucked out of her. Her age is such a difficult time to begin with, very confusing and just chaotic, not really having a clue what you’re doing with your life, who you are as a person, what you enjoy, what you want out of life and what fulfils you and it can already cause you to feel so lonely and detached from the things you usually enjoy, then throw moving to a big city, a fall out with your supposed best friend and a pandemic into the mix it’s really challenging.

I can’t help but agree with people on here that it’s probably best she moves back home, with her old friends and people around her like her family who will truly be able to support her and offer that unconditional love and understanding, her parents seem great. Even for a couple of months just so she can get herself into a healthy routine again and be taken out of this toxic environment that shes in. I can’t help but feel a little annoyed at Olivia for maybe making this a lot worse for Flossie, I genuinely don’t have any idea what has happened aside from the odd tik tok I see regarding their fallout but I really hope she isn’t being bullied by Olivia’s new friends, and excluded from friendships.

It’s nice to read this thread and see that everyone feels pretty much the same way and want her to heal and move forward, I really hope she finds peace and the break she needs xxx

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.