Florafairweather 🌸

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah same here she never sent me it? Strange I'm not here to witch about anyone iv only ever commented on this flora thread I cannot find a pattern anywhere so to me it's got to be wholesale which is fine just be honest. She hasn't even put anything on ig to settle a debate
Ye you would think she would if she had the pattern the amount of people who want the pattern she would make a fortune by selling the pattern !!

So I spoke to the lady who makes the blankets she dusnt make them soley for her she just makes them and puts them eBay they always have a lot of interest but the same person seems to buy all the time ??? Never mentioned names either , I just think it’s absolute shocking that a person who dusnt crochet or knit sells on other people’s items and pretends she has and then comes up with lame excuses , there’s a lot of knitting and crocheters who actually do make them themselves and get no recognition , this lady should be ashamed she’s conning people in to thinking she made them when she never did an sorry but putting blankets up to get a new shed or whatever for her pig have you seen her house it’s just a easy way of getting rid and making money for her meanwhile her business grows and she gets to work with a lot of people for free or promotes for free , sooner this women is shown for what she really is the better !!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 2
So I spoke to the lady who makes the blankets she dusnt make them soley for her she just makes them and puts them eBay they always have a lot of interest but the same person seems to buy all the time ??? Never mentioned names either , I just think it’s absolute shocking that a person who dusnt crochet or knit sells on other people’s items and pretends she has and then comes up with lame excuses , there’s a lot of knitting and crocheters who actually do make them themselves and get no recognition , this lady should be ashamed she’s conning people in to thinking she made them when she never did an sorry but putting blankets up to get a new shed or whatever for her pig have you seen her house it’s just a easy way of getting rid and making money for her meanwhile her business grows and she gets to work with a lot of people for free or promotes for free , sooner this women is shown for what she really is the better !!!!!!!!!

Save all the messages and send them to ASA! They will look into it

Save all the messages and send them to ASA! They will look into it
I’ve reported her but I think they need a lot of reports before they will do so much about it

Just noticed another Instagram spitspot selling the cardigans , somebody has asked for the pattern and she’s replied :not yet watch this space , there is no pattern for these cardigans they are wholesale cardigans , also the cardigans are knitted not crocheted

Reactions: 1
Someone commented on spitspotcrochets saying that she’s selling the exact cardigans as flora, and flora has replied saying they’re just made from the same pattern.

I don’t understand what she’s achieving by continuing to lie?

• Wow
Her followers if she admits to it people will lost a lot of respect and trust in her and begin to wonder what else is false about her page

This is my first ever post here and I write it out of disappointment. As someone who loved to crochet I followed FloraFairweather as her bright sunny pictures and colourful blankets were really aspirational. But as someone who also made some blankets to sell I have to admit I found the speed in which see seemed to be able to make the blankets (and the price she charged for the amount of work that would have to go into making a blanket the size of her 'unicorn' ones, pretty huge for £30) really disheartening. There was no way I could compete on price for the time and materials it would take to make one of a similar size and eventually I stopped making them. I know I was a small crafter and not a 'business' like her but to find out she doesn't make them and she seems to be selling blankets along with a lie of who made them now really stings.

Reactions: 5
It actually angers me how much false advertising these people are doing. Spitspot told me via Instagram DM (I wish I print screened it) that she bought hers from chicwish. She didn’t make them and the suppliers are in China!

Reactions: 3
What would they do if the whole of social media started selling them then what ? Still tell the lies there telling , because it will happen soon everyone will be selling them and then what ?

I've been watching this thread with interest the last couple of weeks and it really beggars belief the lengths and lies people will go to to grow their social media following/business. I'm not surprised about Flora not making those blankets, it isn't physically possible to do that many in that short space of time, I am surprised how she's handled it though, I thought she might be honest to her followers as soon as it became apparent. Seeing a different side to things now and wondering what else about her is a lie. I'm not surprised spit spot has been mentioned, she's well known to be a liar, thief and scammer in the craft community, no idea how she's still getting away with it!
Ultimately though it's an insult to good honest hand crafters who do make their items themselves often not receiving the price to reflect the work involved and it's an insult to the poor people overseas who are whipping up those awful cardigans in probably rubbish conditions for peanuts.
I honestly don't know how these two women sleep at night.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Spitspot has blatantly lied, she said she had the knitting pattern and they would be handmade. Now she's backtracked and (very subtly) admitted they're bought in. They're both as bad as each other to be honest!

All it takes is for a big retailer like primark to start selling them then what are they going to be knitting for them I hope something like that happens then they will truly get their cumpunace

It's just such a shame that there are people out there that are sucked in by these accounts and think they are genuine, most other Instagram crafters are aware these accounts are a bit iffy. There are so many very talented and genuine small businesses out there handmaking beautiful items, declaring their earnings, paying their taxes, abiding by the relevant laws while these two tell so many lies they must get confused over what's truth and what isn't. Is a knitted cardy? is it crocheted? one minute they're being bought in from China, next minute they're being knitted by freelancers...….no, now they're being crocheted by hand by themselves. Make your mind up, if you're gonna make up a story at least stick to it! The amount of backtracking and story changing going on regarding these cardigans just adds fuel to the fire, it would be funny if it wasn't so wrong.
If you wanna buy a unique handmade item my advice is find one of the many reputable small businesses that are transparent, show you progress pictures, show you detailed pictures at point of sale and give you all the required information at point of sale such as fibre composition, washing instructions, measurements etc.

Reactions: 6
Spitspot has blatantly lied, she said she had the knitting pattern and they would be handmade. Now she's backtracked and (very subtly) admitted they're bought in. They're both as bad as each other to be honest!
I’ve noticed with spitspot that most of her works looks as if she doesn’t make it the wool never matches when she shows pictures of work in progress it’s similar I think she buys in a lot and also her NaN maybe does the work for her don’t trust her page one bit

I don't think enough noise is being made about this outside of this platform. I don't think many of Flora's followers on insta know she's a fraud. I've been tempted many a time to share it on my business page stories but am too scared of the backlash id receive. Its a really tit feeling to be worried about a backlash from a fraud's followers though! I think it could affect my page negatively so just have to keep quiet and carry on 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I don't think enough noise is being made about this outside of this platform. I don't think many of Flora's followers on insta know she's a fraud. I've been tempted many a time to share it on my business page stories but am too scared of the backlash id receive. Its a really tit feeling to be worried about a backlash from a fraud's followers though! I think it could affect my page negatively so just have to keep quiet and carry on 😭
I did I commented on her page on a few different posts calling her out about the blankets and the cardigans I was blocked straight away ,looking at her profile via a friends the comments where removed , I also wrote to tribe Norfolk the festival she keeps promoting about the whole issue never heard anything back , people need to speak out because if they don’t it will just carry on

I agree, it isn't being aired enough. It probably needs one of the bigger accounts to speak up. I've see a few I follow hint about it but if you didn't know what they were talking about you'd still be none the wiser!

I agree, it isn't being aired enough. It probably needs one of the bigger accounts to speak up. I've see a few I follow hint about it but if you didn't know what they were talking about you'd still be none the wiser!
Really? Who have you seen hint? What have they said?

I hate those cardigans! :ROFLMAO: would be a big risk for a big account to speak up I would think. I haven't seen anyone hint about it, I just heard through the grapevine so it must be getting round albeit slowly.

Reactions: 1