Florafairweather 🌸

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Do any crafty types know how long it takes to make one of those blankets/ cardigans by hand and roughly how much the materials would cost?

Reactions: 2
Wool crochet hook that’s it wool costs around 2 pound a ball but could get away with making around 2-3 blankets depending on the amount of colours you use and sizing

hello @Florafairweather! Does the woman you buy off on ebay know that you are making a ridiculous profit from her? Are you actually giving her credit for her work on your IG? It’s abit strange how you have 20k plus followers but only a few comments?

Reactions: 1
I like Flora she has a beautiful home but I do feel a little duped by her insta now. If you are selling items that are no handmade don't lie and say they are. People know how much time it takes to make handmade so are happy to pay that bit more. But to make out something you are selling ie cardigans are handmade when they are not is lying plain and simple.

Reactions: 3
Everything IS handmade! The lady on EBay is my friend Cathy as are the cardy knitters! If I was buying them from Ali express how would we make different sizes for people, I’ve checked & I can only find the one shade of pink & one size?? I even did a Lilac for a friend & an XXL for a lady if you’d like to see pics??! I’ve said a million times that making the blankets myself just doesn’t work for Flora anymore & I will 100% stick by that. Also, if I’d bought my followers I wouldn’t be allowed to do paid #ads because the companies have software to check your account! It anyone would like to come by & talk more, the kettle is always on & I can prove that I don’t just play outside all day but if I did what business is it of any of you??!!!!!!

I feel like a right mug! I totally thought they were handmade, her wording often implies her having handmade them. Phrases like "just finished" "another one on the go" etc. I can't think off the top of my head. What a swizz

I feel like a right mug! I totally thought they were handmade, her wording often implies her having handmade them. Phrases like "just finished" "another one on the go" etc. I can't think off the top of my head. What a swizz
I can’t believe she has gotten away with it for so long?!? Does she even make the pom
Poms?

Last edited:
Everything IS handmade! The lady on EBay is my friend Cathy as are the cardy knitters! If I was buying them from Ali express how would we make different sizes for people, I’ve checked & I can only find the one shade of pink & one size?? I even did a Lilac for a friend & an XXL for a lady if you’d like to see pics??! I’ve said a million times that making the blankets myself just doesn’t work for Flora anymore & I will 100% stick by that. Also, if I’d bought my followers I wouldn’t be allowed to do paid #ads because the companies have software to check your account! It anyone would like to come by & talk more, the kettle is always on & I can prove that I don’t just play outside all day but if I did what business is it of any of you??!!!!!!
The business is that I paid £20 plus postage for a rainbow blanket thinking I'd got that at a 'sale' price and now I can see I could have got it on ebay for £9.05! From the same maker apparently now 🙄😡

The business is that I paid £20 plus postage for a rainbow blanket thinking I'd got that at a 'sale' price and now I can see I could have got it on ebay for £9.05! From the same maker apparently now 🙄😡
If you got it recently send it back I’m
if you purchased recently send it back , have a look in to the consumer goods acts , if your not happy return it and ask for your money back , it’s very deceitful

It’s absolutely outrageous!!! Also if they are friends, surely she’d be paying half to her? I’d be really upset if I was selling blankets for barely nothing to a friend who then sold it for x4 times the price!

It's my own fault for getting sucked into 'it's for the pigs bullshit' etc. I don't crochet I can only knit but I know these handmade items take time so was happy to pay a fair price. It's just knowing they're being sold soo much cheaper elsewhere and that the fair price is not going to the actual maker that is galling.

It's my own fault for getting sucked into 'it's for the pigs bullshit' etc. I don't crochet I can only knit but I know these handmade items take time so was happy to pay a fair price. It's just knowing they're being sold soo much cheaper elsewhere and that the fair price is not going to the actual maker that is galling.
She’s basically pulling the wool over peoples eyes, it’s unfair if I had bought a cardigan or a blanket and then afterwards found out I would be disheartened to say the least , just glad I found the other lady’s page before I was sucked in too

Yes that's the thing. It's been set up to portray a family affair, with the blankets being part of their family brand. Displayed by her little girl, saying it's for the pigs etc. Perhaps she hasn't overtly said she makes them, but she's really carefully constructed her feed to make us feel as though she does. And the original maker is being sold completely short, she should be receiving this profit, but just because she doesn't have a pretty Instagram feed, she won't see the extra money

Oh no! I’m still waiting for a blanket to arrive, paid £25 plus p&p... I do really enjoy her posts and videos but wish I’d known that she doesn’t actually make the blankets herself as I wouldn’t have bought it 😢
I had visions of florafairweather crocheting away in her beautiful house... feel a bit let down ☹

Oh no! I’m still waiting for a blanket to arrive, paid £25 plus p&p... I do really enjoy her posts and videos but wish I’d known that she doesn’t actually make the blankets herself as I wouldn’t have bought it 😢
I had visions of florafairweather crocheting away in her beautiful house... feel a bit let down ☹
Don’t open it when it arrives and send it back and ask for your money back , go on eBay and buy one you could buy 4 for the price you paid !!

Spitspotcrochet is also selling those cardigans as 'handknit by our lovelies' now🤦‍♀️in all colours and sizes.

I don't actually have an issue with people selling wholesale knits as long as they aren't misleading or dishonest. They're obviously the same cardigans though. There's also people that spend hours making their own items and stuff like this completely ruins it for everyone else. She's also selling the exact same slipper so assuming they aren't handmade by either flora or spitspot either

As for flora fairweather, it really is a revelation that her blankets aren't made by her, as someone said her language always implies they are made by her. I was totally fooled. She has said before things like 'I've been super busy so only 4 blankets this week' or 'I've had a lot of grass to cut'. If she was more clear again most people wouldn't have a issue. It is also wrong for her to be selling someone else's craft at such a mark up. Yes business is business but at £6 each that poor lady is just making her money back on yarn!

Reactions: 4
Thanks love, I’ve just had a look on eBay, you’re right... they are super cheap on there!