Florafairweather 🌸

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can’t find these blankets on eBay? Has the user removed themselves? A bit disappointed as I love her account.

Reactions: 1
The blankets are usually uploaded every week or every 2 weeks mainly on a Saturday and she only sells a couple of each blanket then that’s it until she makes more save the seller on eBay and keep checking they do appear but they are sold out fairly quickly X

I can't find any cardigans in other sizes as Flora said. But spitspot is selling identical ones in other sizes too. I can't even find a crochet pattern online for the cardigans as was gonna ask my grandma to make one lol

I looked today and found lots in different sizes Alibaba too , Katescosyknits has just put a story up about where she found them , said she’s had lots of people asking 😂 wonder why ??

I can't find any cardigans in other sizes as Flora said. But spitspot is selling identical ones in other sizes too. I can't even find a crochet pattern online for the cardigans as was gonna ask my grandma to make one lol
Alibaba sell them in lots of sizes

Attachments

Last edited:
Oh my god. 😬 I completely agree with you all but since you have now dragged me into this let’s get one thing straight. I just shouldn’t have got myself involved on here but I felt a bit bloody miffed as I was going to purchase one of the said cardigans! I’ve set up a preview listing (they aren’t even published yet!) because I have purchased pattern (knitting pattern, I crochet so a family member will make them hence the pattern credit! I myself have purchased one from other supplier so I can see quality of these - I also want to point out that I 100% make my booties I can if you want evidence, I will gladly video one from start to finish, Pom Poms and all. The thing is I’ve been crocheting for years and do not wish to be dragged into negative stuff because crafting is meant to be a happy colourful little place and we should be able to share whatever we feel on our own accounts. I work very hard to design unique blankets and shawls, with my own design style and I have attached an image of a basket of booties I was actually working on this evening.

At the end of the day if someone is buying stuff in then I don’t think it’s the problem I think the issue is claiming something is made yourself and selling it under this pretense which I can see was misleading there, but also I like to see the good in things so I believe wasn’t a malicious thing at all.

if you’re unhappy with purchase with anyone be it a crafter or a big highstreet store, you are covered by the distance selling act and can return it for a full refund within a certain period of time. This is usually outlined by the store itself but is generally 28 days.

hope this helps 🌟

I can send you a link to the pattern if you would like it. It looks relatively easy although personally I wouldn’t know 🧶
Oh yes please if you could? Buying and reselling is no issue at all a lot of shops do this well most do look at the highstreet I think it's just dishonesty at them being handmade if they aren't I stil don't know if they are or not now I'm confused lol 🤔

Reactions: 2
How has this been allowed to go on for so long?
I think she’s tricked people by saying the items are handmade which they are but not by her .... and then the lauguage she has used like oh I’ve been busy not much blankets today and other things she’s said has made it seem as if she was making them ....

For 4 out of the 5 years of my page I have made EVERYTHING & always used to post Stories of me doing it & when I became too busy I started paying freelance knitters so I have more time to ‘play outside & read!!!’ I DO NOT still say I make them myself but sometimes believe it or not I actually do so I’ll remember to tag each one with my name for you all to see. I buy ALL the wool for my friend who puts them on eBay, pay her hourly per week & what she has leftover she makes smaller blankets than the ones in my shop & sells them on eBay & gives the money to Cats Protection. She is in her late 60’s & has been round this morning & now won’t be putting any more for sale on eBay. Presuming the worst in people is a terrible terrible trait & this world is made miserable because of threads like this.

For 4 out of the 5 years of my page I have made EVERYTHING & always used to post Stories of me doing it & when I became too busy I started paying freelance knitters so I have more time to ‘play outside & read!!!’ I DO NOT still say I make them myself but sometimes believe it or not I actually do so I’ll remember to tag each one with my name for you all to see. I buy ALL the wool for my friend who puts them on eBay, pay her hourly per week & what she has leftover she makes smaller blankets than the ones in my shop & sells them on eBay & gives the money to Cats Protection. She is in her late 60’s & has been round this morning & now won’t be putting any more for sale on eBay. Presuming the worst in people is a terrible terrible trait & this world is made miserable because of threads like this.

What about those cardigans?

Omg I can’t believe this!! I was genuinely going to buy a daisy blanket from her, cannot believe she just buys them and sells them on. That’s really shady. I feel like the whole of instagram is just a pretty face with a thousand skeletons in its closet!

Reactions: 2
Spitspotcrochet is also selling those cardigans as 'handknit by our lovelies' now🤦‍♀️in all colours and sizes.
Don't even get my started on spitspotcrochet! Didn't she used to be spitspitloves? I ordered an item off her once & I never received it. She was so difficult to contact, didn't reply to messages (or comments on her page!) then took ages to refund me. Other people said the same too. Never used her again

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Exactly as I said, they’re made in different sizes by 3 freelance knitters!!!!!!

That is the same as on aliexpress and chicwish? You may be able to pull wool (pun intended) to your insta girl fans. But people will realise what you are doing. Buying for cheap and selling them as your own is false advertising.

Omg I can’t believe this!! I was genuinely going to buy a daisy blanket from her, cannot believe she just buys them and sells them on. That’s really shady. I feel like the whole of instagram is just a pretty face with a thousand skeletons in its closet!
Have you even read my reply???!!! We are talking about the rainbow blankets. I make all the daisy blankets still.

That is the same as on aliexpress and chicwish? You may be able to pull wool (pun intended) to your insta girl fans. But people will realise what you are doing. Buying for cheap and selling them as your own is false advertising.
Ah yes because Laura Ashley, cath Kidston & every other Shop in the world is sat at home alone making there stuff by themselves!!!!! I hope people soon realise what they’re doing! 😂😂😂

Ah yes because Laura Ashley, cath Kidston & every other Shop in the world is sat at home alone making there stuff by themselves!!!!! I hope people soon realise what they’re doing! 😂😂😂
We all know that. But your brand is literally built on the ethics that it is better than the high street, it’s personal and homemade and yet you’re doing everything you vilanise them for. People are angry because you have duped them and you are angry because you’ve been exposed.

Reactions: 4
Don't even get my started on spitspotcrochet! Didn't she used to be spitspitloves? I ordered an item off her once & I never received it. She was so difficult to contact, didn't reply to messages (or comments on her page!) then took ages to refund me. Other people said the same too. Never used her again
Have you even read my reply???!!! We are talking about the rainbow blankets. I make all the daisy blankets still.

They have factories! Everyone knows laura Ashley and cath kidston doesn’t hand make their own clothing. Don’t belittle the situation.
You don’t see laura Ashley saying ‘jeez guys, I’ve been busy making blankets today. Can’t be bothered to put them in my shop. Just message me yeah?’ No where on your Instagram does it state that you have free lance knitters making it all for you. People commented on ‘how clever you are’ as they actually thought you sat there knitting these cardigans. You don’t bother to correct them and it’s like you are inundated with comments. There is nothing wrong with buying from
Wholesellers but it is wrong when you pretend you have made it yourself. That is the issue, Hollie.

Reactions: 5
Ok thank you for that, Friday I made 3/10 blankets myself so I’ll rememebr to point those exact 3 out to you in my pile on my page next week.

ALSO, a freelance knitter is NOT a wholesaler. I

I run in some crafty circles, and alarm bells ring for me on the following... I think these are perfectly reasonable questions that any honest crafter would have no issue with answering

1. How do you deal with different tension. I am an experienced crocheter, yet I can make a square blanket of 100 rounds, and if my friend (equally experienced) made the same blanket I could guarantee there would be a difference in size and stitch shape/definition. Those 10 blankets you just posted a picture of are identical - also there's no way 4 people could make 10 blankets in a day, no matter how basic they are.

2. Who is the pattern designer of the cardigans you sell? I have scoured Ravelry, Etsy, and Google and can't find trace of a written pattern, but I can find many many other sites selling that exact same cardigan.

3. Why do you never show any progress photos? People who buy handmade blankets love to see pictures of the making process, its part of the appeal of paying extra for something handmade over going to mamas and papas to buy a blanket.

4. How on earth do you make a profit? One of those basic granny blankets is at least 5 hours work even for the speediest crocheter. You must be paying your freelancers pennies and buying some pretty cheap acrylic yarn to get away with shifting them for between 20 & 30 quid.

Ladies - there are lots of truly lovely people out there that make some pretty stunning blankets (FYI they'll all be posting loads of progress photos, its how they build their business), Florafairweather is one of very very few I've ever seen outsourcing "handmade" blankets - it totally defeats the object of buying something from an small seller on instagram.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I run in some crafty circles, and alarm bells ring for me on the following... I think these are perfectly reasonable questions that any honest crafter would have no issue with answering

1. How do you deal with different tension. I am an experienced crocheter, yet I can make a square blanket of 100 rounds, and if my friend (equally experienced) made the same blanket I could guarantee there would be a difference in size and stitch shape/definition. Those 10 blankets you just posted a picture of are identical - also there's no way 4 people could make 10 blankets in a day, no matter how basic they are.

2. Who is the pattern designer of the cardigans you sell? I have scoured Ravelry, Etsy, and Google and can't find trace of a written pattern, but I can find many many other sites selling that exact same cardigan.

3. Why do you never show any progress photos? People who buy handmade blankets love to see pictures of the making process, its part of the appeal of paying extra for something handmade over going to mamas and papas to buy a blanket.

4. How on earth do you make a profit? One of those basic granny blankets is at least 5 hours work even for the speediest crocheter. You must be paying your freelancers pennies and buying some pretty cheap acrylic yarn to get away with shifting them for between 20 & 30 quid.

Ladies - there are lots of truly lovely people out there that make some pretty stunning blankets (FYI they'll all be posting loads of progress photos, its how they build their business), Florafairweather is one of very very few I've ever seen outsourcing "handmade" blankets - it totally defeats the object of buying something from an small seller on instagram.
👏 I'm very interested to read the response to this...

Reactions: 4