Fleur DeForce

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If Mike and his family are worth SO much do you think Fleur had to sign a prenup??
Fleur comes from the same level of money as Mike. Both families are worth millions and then they have their own things as well so most likely but it would be quite complicated.

Reactions: 7
I still really like Fleur. She seems genuine. Yes, she’s well off but I don’t think they’ve ever tried to hide it. She’s giving great content at the moment, I’m enjoying these vlogs more than any of her travel ones.

Reactions: 8
I feel like Fleur would have got grief which ever way she did it about River being vegan or not. I’m not vegan so I’m not sure how it works but I assume most vegans either have to take supplements or at least be more conscious of what they’re eating to ensure that they’re not lacking in anything? I feel like that’s harder to do with a toddler and it’s probably easier to get them to eat fish fingers/salmon than other vegan alternatives.
I totally agree she would have got grief either way I'm just curious. The only thing you need to supplement is b12 and lots of vegan foods are fortified with it anyway. You can have a horrendous diet as a meat eater- all processed and fast food but people don't worry about where your child is getting their vitamins from if you say they are going to be a meat eater (not a dig at you at all). I just find it quite interesting.

If Mike and his family are worth SO much do you think Fleur had to sign a prenup??
Fleur's family wealth is similar to Mike's, possibly the same.

Also prenups aren't much of a thing in England (UK/GB?) and aren't legally binding, though a judge can take them into consideration, but since they're not really legal it wouldn't be smart to rely on them and a gamble (do you get a judge who'll take them into account or not?).
Prenups might become more popular and law might change in reflection of that, but so far it's not worth very much.

This is one of many(!) reasons why so many women come to London from abroad to divorce their husbands.

I totally agree she would have got grief either way I'm just curious. The only thing you need to supplement is b12 and lots of vegan foods are fortified with it anyway. You can have a horrendous diet as a meat eater- all processed and fast food but people don't worry about where your child is getting their vitamins from if you say they are going to be a meat eater (not a dig at you at all). I just find it quite interesting.
I feel like it's a hot topic to discuss, as nutrition discussions can quickly get heated and people's opinions are so different on it...
But dietitians and docs recommend for all growing humans (until growth is done, and the brain grows till about age 25) to eat everything, not even to consume low fat anything (general recommendation is nowadays to shun low fat stuff anyway, for everyone).
On top of that it is said that our bodies absorb nutrients differently from eg fish than from chia, both may have omega fats but the fish has also enzymes which help absorption, so you get the full health effect from fish but not plant sources of omega. And this is true for many other things.

I think this is why some people have to stop their vegan diets after some years, as some of their resources stored in the body got depleted over years and never replenished.

A dietitian said in an interview I read a couple of years ago that you'd have to basically go to school for a couple of years to learn about proper nutrition and what foods to pair together, so you get the same health effect off a plant based diet as off an omnivorous diet.

I thought that was an overstatement at the time, but I've read a bit on nutrition since and various diets and think that's bang on.

So it is still easier to feed a child a "traditional" diet than to faff around with so much food and pairings, esp when you have a child who's a fussy eater.

There's also the problem that we're all built differently and we don't all respond equally well to certain diets.
A friend of mine was vegetarian but had to stop after many years because they got quite ill and their doc told them to eat meat again and that solved all problems.

We will also see in coming years (likely in decades) how healthy (and environmentally friendly) some diets really are, like a plant-based, as more people eat this way.

Food is also fortified with vit D (and some foods like eggs contain it naturally), yet we're still almost all lacking this vitamin and should take supplements in addition to vit D rich food and a bit of sun exposure during the crucial months when vit D can be naturally formed by our bodies.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
Quite a number of influencers have gone back to eating meat and dairy, because they were having health issues. Some influencers have apparently using the vegan/raw movement as an excuse for their eating disorders, some even going to extreme and telling young women that loosing their periods is “natural and part of the detox the body goes through”.

Cant remember on the top of my head what the YT Chanel is, but a former vegan has been making compilations of influencer vegans thorough the years, showing what their lifestyle is doing to them. They get thin, but end up looking sickly, rapidly aging and having problems with hair loss etc.

One of the few People I see living well on the vegan diet is Unatural Vegan (I think thats her channel name), but she is doing her research on nutrition and takes the supplements she needs. I have watched some of her videos, because she often speaks/comments on other vegan/raw channels and discusses pros and cons with research. As objectively as she can.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Vegan weighing in here. I don't have kids but it is quite a hot topic in the community. The Happy Pear guys have kids who are vegan at home but vegetarian when they're out and with friends etc, which I think is what i'd personally do. As adults it's easy to make our own choices and we know why we are doing it, but for kids I can imagine it must be tough going to birthday parties or friend's houses and not understanding why you can't have what they're having, and other parents might not know what to serve. And as you said you do have to consider getting a range of nutrients which i'm sure isn't easy with picky toddlers!

I have great admiration for Fleur and Mike going vegan, especially given how traditional they've always been with cooking. They definitely would've gotten flack either way with River (I bet their parents have weighed in too) and it's a huge learning curve so i'm sure they're just doing the best they can.

(Also sidenote, definitely agree with your final point - people are so quick to judge those who choose to raise vegan children, but whatever your children eat is based on your choices and beliefs as a parent, and diets can vary massively)

To be fair, they are filthy rich its not like they are going to buy produce we all are eating, its probably all organic local, expensive stuff. Since the vegan community has become “popular” and some even going as far as becoming anti medicine which they probably dont want to associate with. I understand not wanting to make their daughter exclude whole categories of nutrition. Also they are probably going to make her vegan food to, its not like they are feeding her beef tree times a day.

A balanced diet and reasonable exercise is what’s best for most people, what that diet consist of is all down to the individual person and their need. Restricting a child’s diet is in my opinion not good, there are children that are picky eaters and it’s equally as bad to have a child grow up on chicken nuggets as some random vegetables, and even worse all fruit.

Reactions: 4
I just have to say, coming from Zoella's vlogs where she talks endlessly about making food for once and stepping outside, Fleur is such a breath of fresh air. I know she's just doing normal things like cooking and working out but compared to some youtubers she works so hard. It's sad how low the bar is

Reactions: 17
I just have to say, coming from Zoella's vlogs where she talks endlessly about making food for once and stepping outside, Fleur is such a breath of fresh air. I know she's just doing normal things like cooking and working out but compared to some youtubers she works so hard. It's sad how low the bar is
Also liked the fact in Fleurs vlog today when she was talking about the peloton she acknowledged not many viewers would have one.

Reactions: 11
I never liked this girl but now Im obssesed with her vlogs. They are so nice to watch. Her house is a dream (well at least the kitchen where they spent the most time filming). I don't know much about her, but so refreshing to see her vlogs. You can tell she comes from money as she doesn't have to name the luxury brand on everything. Compared to those new rich Lydia Millen and Ali that every 2 minutes are naming how expensive is everything around them.

I like how she treats her little girl. She seems so relaxed being a mum. Not fake, not try too hard, not trying to be perfect, just natural. I don't know anything about her husband. But he seems ok to be filmed and not showing up. I haven't seen their Q&A. Will do.

Reactions: 20
I never liked this girl but now Im obssesed with her vlogs. They are so nice to watch. Her house is a dream (well at least the kitchen where they spent the most time filming). I don't know much about her, but so refreshing to see her vlogs. You can tell she comes from money as she doesn't have to name the luxury brand on everything. Compared to those new rich Lydia Millen and Ali that every 2 minutes are naming how expensive is everything around them.

I like how she treats her little girl. She seems so relaxed being a mum. Not fake, not try too hard, not trying to be perfect, just natural. I don't know anything about her husband. But he seems ok to be filmed and not showing up. I haven't seen their Q&A. Will do.
I really liked how often we heard River having a tantrum in this vlog. Alot of vloggers would've edited that out or just cut the clip to achieve that 'perfect mum, perfect child' narrative.

Reactions: 10
I am so sick of hearing about that damn bike. I'm sorry but I am. I don't begrudge the woman for staying fit but she is obsessed. Every time she mentions it, I can't help but think of Clue Heywood's tweets. If you don't know what I'm talking about Google his name plus Peloton. It's marvelous.

Other than that I enjoy them. She should do some baking segments. Those cookies looked good.

Reactions: 3
I am so sick of hearing about that damn bike. I'm sorry but I am. I don't begrudge the woman for staying fit but she is obsessed. Every time she mentions it, I can't help but think of Clue Heywood's tweets. If you don't know what I'm talking about Google his name plus Peloton. It's marvelous.

Other than that I enjoy them. She should do some baking segments. Those cookies looked good.
I want a peloton so much but they are so expensive 😂😂😂

Reactions: 4

All I think is at least she's getting her moneys worth :ROFLMAO: But I did think it was ALOT of exercise for just one weekend.

Reactions: 6
She's really found a groove with that bike! I remember she once mentioned she was insecure about her arms and would never wear sleeveless dresses and she had a personal trainer for a while to get fit before she stopped. I think it's great she found something she enjoys and she looks really healthy and fit now

I have a feeling she may be upping her fitness levels to prepare for getting pregnant again. I’m currently pregnant so I’ve been watching her old pregnancy videos. So it would be nice to see her have another one :)

Reactions: 3
Also like the fact she doesnt film River in the bath or naked like some celebs do.

Reactions: 11
Also like the fact she doesnt film River in the bath or naked like some celebs do.
She has always been a lot more private than other vloggers, and seems to have a better understanding of 'the internet' and its dangers. I don't think we've seen a nappy change or even River asleep in bed.
Still, not the same as the headless baby we saw for the first few months.

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.